Toto Wolff accused of leaking/receiving confidential information

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mwillems

Re: Toto Wolff accused of leaking/receiving confidential information

ValdeVida

The format makes it clear that anyone in the FIA can raise a complaint. Anyone in the FIA can make a referral and someone did make a referral. He or She in the wording makes no difference, nothing you posted demonstrates any rules being broken.

Should they and why did they? Was it to get on their backs and create drama and trouble or was it to try and close it down quickly? Those are the questions being asked and despite the idea that some here think it is obvious, it is not, it's just subjective opinion and some confirmation bias at the moment. There is nothing more than weak evidence that they did anything wrong or for the wrong reasons or that they negligently didn't do enough to protect those involved. Certainly you can say that morally they didn't and I'd agree, but I can't yet see a breach of any rules by the FIA, I just see some folks in here who are a bit trigger happy.

Personally I think the FIA were being improper and I'd love MBS to get a kicking, but I'll be honest about that and then be patient and wait to see what actual facts come out of this, and I'll be first in line to give them a kicking if they have misbehaved otherwise I'll wait for the next inevitable opportunity :D
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Wouter

Hammerfist wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 18:31
There is literally no connection. This whole story was bizarre and a lot of people expect Ben Sulyam to resign soon. Lets see what happens.

I first realized how unlikeable he was around the paddock when his son died earlier this year and that story was brushed aside like it didnt happen.
Could you elaborate on that last sentence? I have no idea what story you are referring to.

A lot of people expect MBS to resign?
Those are surely the same people who at the time thought Masi should resign.
Masi, whose family has received death threats and for whom MBS now stands up.
Coincidence? Don't think so.
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 19:34
It's also no coincidence that some people like to reference the associated event every chane they can.
197 104 103 7

Slahinki
Slahinki

RonMexico wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 11:18
Are people really up in arms because the FIA were carrying out due diligence?
Seems like they are, and it's bloody silly.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Wouter wrote:
Hammerfist wrote:
There is literally no connection. This whole story was bizarre and a lot of people expect Ben Sulyam to resign soon. Lets see what happens.

I first realized how unlikeable he was around the paddock when his son died earlier this year and that story was brushed aside like it didnt happen.
Could you elaborate on that last sentence? I have no idea what story you are referring to.

So you too didn’t know? My point exactly.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3582 ... rash-dubai

As far as the resign talks many pundits think he should or will resign. Just expanding your horizons beyond this forum does wonders.

chrisc90

Slahinki wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 20:25
RonMexico wrote:
Agree.

If they never investigated it - people would twist.
If the did investigate it - people will twist.

Even more funny the people calling on MBS's name aswell. :wtf:

Sieper

Pundits. The same who wanted Masi gone. Never underestimate the traction Mercedes has, these pundits will do whatever they can to increase it. FIA must be very careful not to let them.

Mosin123
Mosin123

mendis wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 16:10
Mosin123 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 16:06
mendis wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 15:07
As much as I know of the corporate World, there is always something that is regarded as Confidential and you can sometimes laugh at some matters, but there is always some logic. So once you sign confidentiality agreement as part of the employment contract, you are bound by it. There could be somethings related to commercial like sponsorship offers, sale and supplier agreements in Women's F1 academy, which are in conflict to F1 matters or still under consideration in a bidding process. Things like that.
Would the f1 acadamy managing director be responsible for such things? i dont think she would, isnt she responsible for trying to figure a path way out for the female drivers to get into all motorsport? " onto that next level " .

Surely sponsorships and so on would be the CFO's job?
I gave some examples that I could imagine. There could be 100 other things similar in nature where the F1 academy managing director would be exposed to.
If its restricted information, a managing director of a different department would not be in on such information, if she was, then f1 its self would get into a lot of trouble by all the teams and would most likely be taken to court for not handling sensative information correctly, and could even be slapped with having its ability to govern its self removed if found to be lacking such professionalism.
Hammerfist wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 14:40
mendis wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 13:05
You can speculate all that you want until cows come home. Assuming any position that can lead to Conflict of interest, is an invitation to disharmonious situation and they both knew it.

If FIA is serious about hunting down illegalities, they should get the narco analysis tests done on parties involved.
I am not specualting on any thing, I am asking you, why a Womens f1 acadamy manager would in any way shape or form be handling confidential information regarding the F1 world championship?

Because its not prime time news? who even knew he had a son? did his huge fan following want it in the news? ohh wait, before he was FIA president no one knew who he was.....

The last FIA president tried his best to stay out of the news / media and didnt air every thing in the media spotlight.. The current one cant keep his gob shut and keeps saying things that keep getting the FIA in trouble with the teams of its biggest sport, sponsors, and investors. The dude is literally making his own great exit. He doesnt need any help with that.

denyall

Slahinki wrote:
RonMexico wrote:
People are up in arms about:

1) A hack job fabrication of a "story" that directly accused innocent people of ill deeds. 2) That the FIA very publicly gave that story merit by announcing an investigation before talking with any involved parties. (They could have investigated behind closed doors and put out their second statement saying everything looks good and achieved the same due diligence everyone is arguing about)
3) MBS has very publicly picked a fight with FOM and the team ownership.

Wouter

Hammerfist wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 20:32
Wouter wrote:
Hammerfist wrote:

So you too didn’t know? My point exactly.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3582 ... rash-dubai

As far as the resign talks many pundits think he should or will resign.
Just expanding your horizons beyond this forum does wonders.
I don't appreciate your disparaging tone towards me. If you can't respond maturely and with respect, don't respond!
Wonder why you approach me so disparagingly.

Of course, I read a lot outside of this forum. And there I also read which people would like MBS to resign.
Moreover, I was aware of the death of MBS. Who didn't ?! He was absent for a while after that.
Anyone who follows F1 a little was aware of that. Very tragic event.
I wasn't aware that "that story was brushed aside like it didnt happen." That's why I asked the question.

Again: If you can't respond maturely and respectfully, don't respond.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Mosin123 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 20:36
The last FIA president tried his best to stay out of the news / media and didnt air every thing in the media spotlight..
The current one cant keep his gob shut and keeps saying things that keep getting the FIA in trouble with the teams of its biggest sport, sponsors, and investors. The dude is literally making his own great exit. He doesnt need any help with that.
You can tell from your choice of words that you don't like him (very euphemistically expressed).
The Power of Dreams!

Luscion
Luscion

denyall wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 20:47
Slahinki wrote:
RonMexico wrote:
People are up in arms about:

1) A hack job fabrication of a "story" that directly accused innocent people of ill deeds. 2) That the FIA very publicly gave that story merit by announcing an investigation before talking with any involved parties. (They could have investigated behind closed doors and put out their second statement saying everything looks good and achieved the same due diligence everyone is arguing about)
3) MBS has very publicly picked a fight with FOM and the team ownership.
Agreed its more down to the fact that a tabloid with a very shady history, one that was been sued multiple times from people and teams within the sport was given the time of day by the FIA, announced it publicly, told nobody and then went "oops sorry, no investigation". and surprise surprise, BusinessF1 showed they werent credible at all yet again. Even if the FIA still did the investigation there was a much better way to go about it

dans79

Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:14
You can tell from your choice of words that you don't like him (very euphemistically expressed).
And your point is?
197 104 103 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:21
Wouter wrote:
And your point is?
That is just an observation/finding. Am I not allowed to mention that here?
If you have nothing against someone you use very different words. You don't call the FIA President a "dude" for example
and that he "cant keep his gob shut ". That's why my observation/finding.
Do you also use these words when talking about the FIA President? I don't think so.
Last edited by Wouter on 09 Dec 2023, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Mosin123
Mosin123

Wouter wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 20:36
The last FIA president tried his best to stay out of the news / media and didnt air every thing in the media spotlight..
The current one cant keep his gob shut and keeps saying things that keep getting the FIA in trouble with the teams of its biggest sport, sponsors, and investors. The dude is literally making his own great exit. He doesnt need any help with that.
Cause i said he should keep his gob shut LOL..... no, your mistaken, its friendly advice, like when im out in town with friends and one has a bit to much and starts giving it the big one to the police and i tell him to STFU and drag him away.. before he gets into serious trouble and spends a few hours in a cell.