Toto Wolff accused of leaking/receiving confidential information

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mosin123
Mosin123

Re: Toto Wolff accused of leaking/receiving confidential information

Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:41
dans79 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:21
Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:14
You can tell from your choice of words that you don't like him (very euphemistically expressed).
And your point is?
That is just an observation/finding. Am I not allowed to mention that here?
If you have nothing against someone you use very different words. You don't call the FIA President a "dude" for example
and that he "cant keep his gob shut ". That's why my observation/finding.
Do you also use these words when talking about the FIA President? I don't think so.
Sorry for offending you with my informal ways. in future, i shall address him as Mr FIA president, supreme leader of the FIA ( Some red lines to simulate a red carpet for his honor ) -----------------------------------

Wouter

Mosin123 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 22:01
Wouter wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:41
dans79 wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 21:21

And your point is?
That is just an observation/finding. Am I not allowed to mention that here?
If you have nothing against someone you use very different words. You don't call the FIA President a "dude" for example
and that he "cant keep his gob shut ". That's why my observation/finding.
Do you also use these words when talking about the FIA President? I don't think so.
Sorry for offending you with my informal ways. in future, i shall address him as Mr FIA president, supreme leader of the FIA ( Some red lines to simulate a red carpet for his honor ) -----------------------------------
:lol: I think we use a different choice of words because we are of different generations.
I am still of the old school, haha.
I didn't like Jean Todt at all but I never would call him dude or "shut up dude". I'm getting old. :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

Mogster

Maybe some forelock tugging via TikTok would be appropriate :wink:

organic

It appears Hamilton doesn't think much of the FIA at the moment

dans79

organic wrote:
09 Dec 2023, 23:37
It will be interesting to see what BS reason MBS comes up with to try and go after him.
197 104 103 7

dans79

CHT wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 02:04
Not sure what the engineers at the factory think about LH ditching the P3 award though. The message is don't waste my time if you can't give me that 8WDC.
I think you are drastically underestimating the intelligence of the other members of his team!
197 104 103 7

denyall

dans79 wrote:
CHT wrote:
Not sure what the engineers at the factory think about LH ditching the P3 award though. The message is don't waste my time if you can't give me that 8WDC.
I think you are drastically underestimating the intelligence of the other members of his team!
Also, that "trophy" is an atrocity haha. Shoulda saved the 50 bucks..

CHT
CHT

dans79 wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 02:48
CHT wrote:
Anyone working in F1 would certainly wish for their effort to be appreciated, and finishing in P2 in the constructor is not exactly a bad situation if we consider teams like McLaren and Ferrari haven't won any championship for over 10 years.

So unless Merc is paying top dollars, above market rate for their engineers, there is very little reason why anyone other than drivers and Toto can gain satisfaction from this unappreciative job with unrealistic expectations.

The sudden and abrupt departure of Mike Elliott could be the result of the new working environment within the team.
Perhaps he is tired of serving crown princes

denyall

CHT wrote:
dans79 wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 02:48
CHT wrote:
Anyone working in F1 would certainly wish for their effort to be appreciated, and finishing in P2 in the constructor is not exactly a bad situation if we consider teams like McLaren and Ferrari haven't won any championship for over 10 years.

So unless Merc is paying top dollars, above market rate for their engineers, there is very little reason why anyone other than drivers and Toto can gain satisfaction from this unappreciative job with unrealistic expectations.

The sudden and abrupt departure of Mike Elliott could be the result of the new working environment within the team.
Perhaps he is tired of serving crown princes
Your Mercedes Axe is sharp enough, you can stop now.

Wouter

organic wrote:
organic wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 01:50
CHT wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 01:34
I reckon this has a lot to do with 2021 Abu Dhabi and him trying to show that he is willing to take a bullet for Merc and he isn't looking for a drive elsewhere.
My take is that drivers like ham don't care about a P3 in wdc. They've got 100s of other trophies they'd rather display
& also convenient not to have to transport it anywhere
Why travel all the way to Baku to receive a trophy when he doesn't want it and then leave it there?
You said it yourself: "It appears Hamilton doesn't think much of the FIA at the moment."
He did it to make a statement.

Lewis won the Action of the Year award 2022 last year but he was not present at the FIA Prize Giving gala to collect his trophy.
He didn't travel 150 km to Bologna last year but now he traveled all the way to Baku to leaving the throphy there?
The Power of Dreams!

Mosin123
Mosin123

Wouter wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 09:14
organic wrote:
organic wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 01:50
CHT wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 01:34
I reckon this has a lot to do with 2021 Abu Dhabi and him trying to show that he is willing to take a bullet for Merc and he isn't looking for a drive elsewhere.
My take is that drivers like ham don't care about a P3 in wdc. They've got 100s of other trophies they'd rather display
& also convenient not to have to transport it anywhere
Why travel all the way to Baku to receive a trophy when he doesn't want it and then leave it there?
You said it yourself: "It appears Hamilton doesn't think much of the FIA at the moment."
He did it to make a statement.

Lewis won the Action of the Year award 2022 last year but he was not present at the FIA Prize Giving gala to collect his trophy.
He didn't travel 150 km to Bologna last year but now he traveled all the way to Baku to leaving the throphy there?
Its mandatory to attend if you finish top 3, given the FIA's new stance on not treating all as equals so now make an example of those drivers who are idols / popular / champions ( Excluding Max ), Mr FIA president ---------, might ban him from competing for not following his orders.

chrisc90

I wouldn't even say its 'making a stand' against the FIA. In my opinion, its more petulance.

FIA prize giving is a ceremony that reaches out down across all leagues of motorsport, down to all age levels. Right down to the youngsters who are karting champions, looking to progress their career up through motorsport - potentially 1 day being on the big stages such as F1, WRC etc.

I wonder what they think when they leave at the end of the night and see that someone has left their 3rd place trophy behind. What/how does that make them feel after having likely just received the same trophy for finishing 3rd in their championship. "oh its 3rd, nobody cares about that". "I haven't done well enough" Getting 3rd place in one of those lower championships could be one of the biggest achievements they have.

If you want to give your trophy away in your time - fair enough. Just pointless, in my opinion, to do it infront of all other leagues of motorsport across all age ranges to draw attention to yourself.

No idea on the source of the info from this tweet - but it does seem to have been left for someone to send on to the team.

Little bit odd why a football pundit has it through.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 12:25
No idea on the source of the info from this tweet - but it does seem to have been left for someone to send on to the team.

So this youngman is lying?! I don't think Duchessa is telling the truth and it is damage control from Mercedes.
Here he already had the trophy from Lewis.

Here is the proof that it is Lewis his trophy at the youngmans home.

Last edited by Wouter on 10 Dec 2023, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

One of them must be.

The young lad, a football pundit, certainly hasn't given any indication in his tweets that he has the trophy to pass back on to the team. He certainly doesnt look 'official' with what Duchessa is stating.

Something, from someone, isn't tallying up from what we have seen so far.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Wouter wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 14:00
chrisc90 wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 12:25

So this youngman is lying?! I don't think Duchessa is telling the truth and it is damage control from Mercedes.
Here he already had the trophy from Lewis.
Actual F1 Journalist vs young person on Twitter who retweets football things?

For someone who claims they were gifted the trophy, despite posting other pictures, there is no picture of Hamilton nor being gifted the trophy.