Aston Martin AMR24 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: Aston Martin AMR24 Speculation Thread

Venturiation wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 18:13
Rear is shared by mercedes customers

A big secret is being kept about the rear of the car. At the front axle, the FW46 remains true to the proven pushrod concept. "We don't want to reveal what we're doing at the rear yet," regrets Vowles. This is not only due to the fact that the transmission and rear axle are sourced from Mercedes and they do not want to pre-empt their technology partner. Apparently there are far-reaching changes at the rear. Our gut feeling would suggest a switch from the pullrod to pushrod concept, as used by Red Bull, McLaren and Alpine. But perhaps Mercedes has also unearthed something completely new, such as a rocker arm solution.

Source - https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... nterachse/
Formu1a.uno said the same, switch to push rod at the rear.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Venturiation wrote:

A big secret is being kept about the rear of the car. At the front axle, the FW46 remains true to the proven pushrod concept. "We don't want to reveal what we're doing at the rear yet," regrets Vowles. This is not only due to the fact that the transmission and rear axle are sourced from Mercedes and they do not want to pre-empt their technology partner. Apparently there are far-reaching changes at the rear. Our gut feeling would suggest a switch from the pullrod to pushrod concept, as used by Red Bull, McLaren and Alpine. But perhaps Mercedes has also unearthed something completely new, such as a rocker arm solution.

Don't they realize that by talking it up as a secret, they are only confirming the speculation of push rod? What's to hide if it's the same as last year. They should have just showed a render with fake suspension. :lol:

Venturiation
Venturiation

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:43
Venturiation wrote:

Don't they realize that by talking it up as a secret, they are only confirming the speculation of push rod? What's to hide if it's the same as last year. They should have just showed a render with fake suspension. :lol:
They didn't say it was the same as last year, and a switch to push road isn't the kind of secret you hide when other teams are using it already

KimiRai
KimiRai

Nugnes said Mercedes would maintain pullrod at the rear, but he could be wrong I guess

scuderiabrandon

KimiRai wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:42
Nugnes said Mercedes would maintain pullrod at the rear, but he could be wrong I guess
roses are red, violets are blue, what a surprise, Nugnes lied to you.

KimiRai
KimiRai

scuderiabrandon wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:58
KimiRai wrote:
He's been decent with Ferrari this year so far

scuderiabrandon

KimiRai wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 00:00
scuderiabrandon wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
one good deed does not erase a lifetime of wickedness

KimiRai
KimiRai

scuderiabrandon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 00:01
KimiRai wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

Just so I wash my hands of this here's the quote I'm referencing. His credibility will be tested then, I will certainly keep it in mind
The new Mercedes, therefore, will have the advantage of redistributing the masses and will offer a more compact rear end, without revolutions, because the suspension will maintain the pull rod scheme without copying the push rod concepts of Red Bull: the shorter gearbox will move further back the engine and, therefore, the passenger compartment, by moving the radiator outlets away from the front wheel.
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-me ... /10562819/

KimiRai
KimiRai

Rumours say not as big a leap as last year, Red Bull is still projected to be far away but the aim is to recover 3 tenths on McLaren and stay near Mercedes and Ferrari. The team is happy with the progress but it would be an evolution and not a revolution.

organic

KimiRai wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 00:30
scuderiabrandon wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 00:01
KimiRai wrote:

Just so I wash my hands of this here's the quote I'm referencing. His credibility will be tested then, I will certainly keep it in mind
The new Mercedes, therefore, will have the advantage of redistributing the masses and will offer a more compact rear end, without revolutions, because the suspension will maintain the pull rod scheme without copying the push rod concepts of Red Bull: the shorter gearbox will move further back the engine and, therefore, the passenger compartment, by moving the radiator outlets away from the front wheel.
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-me ... /10562819/
From https://formu1a.uno/la-nuova-haas-vf-24 ... ari-sf-24/
only Ferrari , and clearly Haas, has opted for the pull-rod suspension while all the other teams will use a strut type (push-rod ).
To go along with Williams refusing to clarify whether pullrod rear would remain and Nunges. Seems likely. Not long to wait I guess.

At this point we should come to terms with Nunges having had good info this time
KimiRai wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 05:07
Rumours say not as big a leap as last year, Red Bull is still projected to be far away but the aim is to recover 3 tenths on McLaren and stay near Mercedes and Ferrari. The team is happy with the progress but it would be an evolution and not a revolution.
Seems like a very specific rumour :mrgreen:

Recovering compared to McLaren 3 tenths is impressive considering how much they seem confident with their own development. I would imagine that this projection implies that both Ferrari and Merc have also gained relative to McLaren therefore?

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 05:16
Also do you know what are the restrictions on pirelli tyre tests? Apparently, information came from Jerez that Alonso was happy with the car. Could they have tested something?

organic

KimiRai wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 05:30
organic wrote:
Also do you know what are the restrictions on pirelli tyre tests? Apparently it is said Alonso was happy after the Jerez test.
AFAIK:

the tyre tests this off-season were for a) wet weather tyres and b) the 2025 spec tyres

Both of these tests were carried out with latest spec cars so AMR23 could be used for that. Last year the "2024" spec tyres were introduced at race 9/22. It's possible if downforce grew enough over the winter that they may rush this "2025" spec in earlier than next season

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 05:32
KimiRai wrote:
organic wrote:
Also do you know what are the restrictions on pirelli tyre tests? Apparently it is said Alonso was happy after the Jerez test.
AFAIK:

the tyre tests this off-season were for a) wet weather tyres and b) the 2025 spec tyres

Both of these tests were carried out with latest spec cars so AMR23 could be used for that. Last year the "2024" spec tyres were introduced at race 9/22. It's possible if downforce grew enough over the winter that they may rush this "2025" spec in earlier than next season
Ok thanks. Who's going to make the AMR24 thread? I don't mind unless you prefer doing it.

organic

KimiRai wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 05:34
organic wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 05:32
KimiRai wrote:

AFAIK:

Ok thanks. Who's going to make the AMR24 thread? I don't mind unless you prefer doing it.
I have no preference but I'll make it at about 7AM, 1hr prior to launch, if there isn't one up by then =D> Hype

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sure, I'll leave it to you then