2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: 2024 Former AlphaTauri F1 Team. New SAT Team name TBC.

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 22:06
test
still a few weeks away my friend

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Wouter wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 15:25

“Franz, Christian (Horner, Red Bull team principal), and I had a long discussion, and that’s how Liam got the reserve role.”

Lawson was taken on as test and reserve driver with AlphaTauri and Red Bull in 2022

“I told Liam about my interview (for the AlphaTauri CEO position) with the shareholders. I’ve done so many interviews, and done so much talking in my life, but I was still bloody nervous.
Bedankt Wouter
Bayer FIA secretary up June the 1st 2022 and was negotiating driver contracts with Alpha Tauri on or before 22nd March 2022 :o

Wouter

ThijsMuis wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 13:03
Wouter wrote:

“Franz, Christian (Horner, Red Bull team principal), and I had a long discussion, and that’s how Liam got the reserve role.”

Lawson was taken on as test and reserve driver with AlphaTauri and Red Bull in 2022

“I told Liam about my interview (for the AlphaTauri CEO position) with the shareholders. I’ve done so many interviews, and done so much talking in my life, but I was still bloody nervous.
Bedankt Wouter
Bayer FIA secretary up June the 1st 2022 and was negotiating driver contracts with Alpha Tauri on or before 22nd March 2022 :o
Where is this coming from? Before 22nd March2022? Do you have a link?
The Power of Dreams!

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Wouter wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 13:59
ThijsMuis wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Bedankt Wouter
Yes.

https://www.wtf1.com/post/heres-the-res ... m-in-2022/

Wouter

ThijsMuis wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 14:32
Wouter wrote:
ThijsMuis wrote:

Bedankt Wouter
Yes.

That is very strange because Liam became a reserve driver for RB when they fired Juri Vips for one wrong word he said in June 2022.

Your article is from March 22, 2022 :wtf: . At that time Juri Vips was the reserve driver at RB for both teams.

Also I can't find Peter Bayers name in your article.

02-07-2022 14:28

GPblog.com

Following Juri Vips' resignation, Red Bull Racing was left without a reserve driver. That gap has now been filled,
as Christian Horner has confirmed that Liam Lawson will take over the position.
The Power of Dreams!

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Wouter wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 15:44
ThijsMuis wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 14:32
Wouter wrote:

Yes.

That is very strange because Liam became a reserve driver for RB when they fired Juri Vips for one wrong word he said in June 2022.

Also I can't find Peter Bayers name in your article.

02-07-2022 14:28

GPblog.com

Following Juri Vips' resignation, Red Bull Racing was left without a reserve driver. That gap has now been filled,
as Christian Horner has confirmed that Liam Lawson will take over the position.
I got Bayer from your article.
"Franz, Christian and I had a long discussion and that's how Liam got reserve role"

Liam got Red Bull and Alpha Tauri reserve in March 22, 2022. He was reserve drive for both.
Bayer was still FIA secretary general at this time. His timeline on twitter and fia website has him in work for FIA up to June 1st 2022.
I emailed Ian Parkes of speedcafe to see if there is audio transcript of interview.
Will be interesting to hear it

Wouter

AlphaTauri's Milton Keynes shift critical to its F1 success, says Bayer

AlphaTauri Formula 1 team CEO Peter Bayer says the expansion of the Faenza outfit's UK facility at a new location in Milton Keynes
is key to its future plans.

Author Adam Cooper

Jan 9, 2024, 3:00 PM

The soon-to-be-renamed team has long had an aerodynamics department in Bicester, but as part of its ongoing expansion, its British base will be moved to Milton Keynes, close to the home of sister squad Red Bull.

The new facility, which will also house vehicle dynamics staff, will be larger and better equipped than its predecessor.

Bayer believes that the move will help the team to compete for top talent in the UK’s busy F1 job market.

“The Milton Keynes Performance Centre is necessary because the Bicester facility is becoming too small already,” Bayer told Autosport. “We don't have any parking spaces, we have no canteen.

“We have to be an attractive employer. First of all, it obviously starts with the team as such, with the identity, but then there's also the facilities and the opportunities for people to have a career path. And that's why those facilities will be extremely important.

“Also, the lease in Bicester is running out, so we had to make a move anyway. And the advantage of obviously being closer to Red Bull Racing and their campus is that it will be easier for us when it's about wind tunnel work, about simulator work. So that all will make life easier for all the engineers.”

Bayer acknowledges that it’s always been difficult to get British engineers to move to Italy.

“In terms of moving people we have anyway aerodynamicists and designers, and the model shop is in the UK,” he said.

“But we are currently running quite an intense recruiting campaign and we are now happy to offer top British talent a workplace in the UK. Because for them, I hate to say that, Faenza is beautiful, but it's an issue.

“I give you my own example. When I started, I took my wife, we drove to Faenza. She said, 'Oh, it's beautiful.’ And we had pizza and drove out to the sea. And then she said, 'So, what about the school?'. I said, ‘I don't think there is one.'. ‘And what about potential job opportunities for me?'. I don't think there [are any].’
The Power of Dreams!

TimothyOneal
TimothyOneal

Is that confirmed, or just rumors?
Last edited by TimothyOneal on 01 Feb 2024, 09:19, edited 2 times in total.

lio007

TimothyOneal wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 14:45
Is that confirmed, or just rumors?
What exactly do you mean with your "that"?

lio007

Does anybody know if planning applications are public in the UK?
It would be interesting where their Milton Keynes Performance Center is located.

organic

Visa Cashapp Racing Bulls ... Not an inspired name

djos

organic wrote:
17 Jan 2024, 12:04
Are you kidding? Sounds horrid!
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

organic wrote:
17 Jan 2024, 12:04
The source:
It seems reasonable to assume that “Visa Cash App Racing Bulls” will be the team’s new identity in 2024.

Visa and Cash App set to become AlphaTauri’s 2024 title sponsors

Heading into 2024, one of the big questions is what AlphaTauri’s new name and branding will become.

Over the last few months, the name “Racing Bulls” has been consistently mentioned in F1 news outlets and reports. As it stands, this name will feature.

With that said, this name will be accompanied by fresh partners. Visa and Cash App are understood to be the Faenza-based team’s title sponsors.

The website racingbulls.com (which was registered by Red Bull some time ago) is now redirecting to visacashapprb.com.
That link (see also in the article) doesn't exist by the way.

https://formu1a.uno/en/visa-and-cash-ap ... -sponsors/
The Power of Dreams!

organic

I will call them Racing visas