2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

CaribouBread wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 15:19
CMSMJ1 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:55
The forum should be balancing itself in lots of ways - right?

Just be grown ups.. Arguing like kids and banging the table all the time is tiring!

Have your favourites, maybe even learn to disagree agreably about their performance but remember that the F1 game is brutal - you must perform, or you are spat out.

DR3 - he has lost his edge. It is plain to see and it is a shame as he is a really charismatic dude who you'd want to do well. Stopwatch and results doesn't lie though.

@djos - that last post..man, really? Could you and Wouter not have a sensible chat at all?
The only way this bickering will end is when one of them decides to mute the other, which they refuse to do! Its either that or we bear this until Ricciardo is eventually booted.
So you think I should keep quiet when I'm called a troll?
If I'm labeled a hater?
If I am accused that my information only comes from tabloids?
This also happened at the end of March and I stopped responding and these two just continued to call me a hater and troll
who posts unreliable information from tabloids here.
Have you ever seen me attack these two Australian fans?
I think it's great that they are big fans of Ricciardo, but they have to leave me alone!
The Power of Dreams!

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Wouter wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 15:32
If I'm labeled a hater?
This also happened at the end of March and I stopped responding and these two just continued to call me a hater and troll
I think it's great that they are big fans of Ricciardo, but they have to leave me alone!
Mute them and you won't have to see anything they post about you! You don't have to engage with fans and their deluded opinions, its a waste of time. The feature exists for a reason, use it!

SiLo

CaribouBread wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 15:55
Wouter wrote:
If I'm labeled a hater?
Mute them and you won't have to see anything they post about you! You don't have to engage with fans and their deluded opinions, its a waste of time. The feature exists for a reason, use it!
I have quite a few muted users on here, and it makes the experience far better.
Felipe Baby!

Dunlay
Dunlay

If only charged fan support on Internet forums make their favorite sportperson perform better! Unfortunately, it's as useless as milking a bull. You won't get milk, but you churn out a lot of bull s**t. :)

The only way the criticism of a driver goes away is if he performs on track and delivers what is expected.

Bill
Bill

Newey cars has a history of making mere mortals look like Genius. Kimi looked invincible in 2005 and vettel looked supreme during his reign. ones they drove lesser machinery they looked ordinary. Maybe Ric was never all that he wasn't better than verge at Torro rosso, he was just fortunate that his teammate was taller hence disadvantaged and not media savvy. Ric had the benefit of driving a Newey hence his late breaking made him look Godly he cant do that with substandard machinery

Venturiation
Venturiation

What is stopping RB from making a new upgraded chassis and give it to ric instead of wasting money on the same chassis?

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Venturiation wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 17:26
What is stopping RB from making a new upgraded chassis and give it to ric instead of wasting money on the same chassis?
You'd have to crash test again to homologate a new chassis right? Even Mercedes couldn't afford to do that mid season, I think that's beyond RB's current scope.

Venturiation
Venturiation

CaribouBread wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 17:32
Venturiation wrote:
You'd have to crash test again to homologate a new chassis right? Even Mercedes couldn't afford to do that mid season, I think that's beyond RB's current scope.
They couldn't afford it because they already made spare chassis
But what if a team makes no spares instead

FW17

CaribouBread wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
It would make more sense for smaller teams to bring more development parts and even a new chassis. Merc has an F1 team within budget cap of about a 1000 people (assumption) RB had about 400. This would leave a lot of money for development.

Teams with 1000 member staff would be spending 80 million of the 135 million as salaries. RB would be having a development budget of 58 million while Merc would have just 10 million
“If you have a budget of 135 million, 80 of that already goes to staff, another 20 million to costs for a race, materials, brakes, and so on. Four chassis/ Making cars at the start of the season also costs about 20 million. Then you already end up with about 120-125 million. This is about the same for everyone.” Fred Vasseur

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

FW17 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 17:50
CaribouBread wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
It would make more sense for smaller teams to bring more development parts and even a new chassis. Merc has an F1 team within budget cap of about a 1000 people (assumption) RB had about 400. This would leave a lot of money for development.

Teams with 1000 member staff would be spending 80 million of the 135 million as salaries. RB would be having a development budget of 58 million while Merc would have just 10 million
“If you have a budget of 135 million, 80 of that already goes to staff, another 20 million to costs for a race, materials, brakes, and so on. Four chassis/ Making cars at the start of the season also costs about 20 million. Then you already end up with about 120-125 million. This is about the same for everyone.” Fred Vasseur
I think there has to be a correlation between the number of people you have on the team and the amount of development that can actually be done. There has to be people in order to spend money.

FW17

AR3-GP wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 17:59
FW17 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 17:50
CaribouBread wrote:

I think there has to be a correlation between the number of people you have on the team and the amount of development that can actually be done. There has to be people in order to spend money.
Merc and RB certainly have not figured that out

Farnborough
Farnborough

Didn't Merc quote "over 50 pax" on accountancy? :D

Wouter

Translated from Form1a-uno/it/:

Racing Bulls anticipates some news in Miami

Rosario Giuliana
Racing Bulls is ahead of the game with updates in Miami for a new path of development.

With the further point gained in Japan, Racing Bulls aim to confirm themselves as sixth force also in China .
At Suzuka, as we had anticipated , the Anglo-Italian team had introduced an update to the pavement of the surface, which correlated as the team expected , which is why the new specification was promoted on both cars starting from FP2 even though it was not a significant news .
In China there will be no other significant updates, while it will be the turn of the current direct competitors, with Haas which will in fact bring the first part of its first package to the track .
At Racing Bulls the data between simulator, tunnel and track are however showing a certain correlation which gives hope to technical director Joddy Egginton: "Everyone in Faenza and Bicester is continuing to work very hard, and we are seeing the results on the track" .
A start to the season that did not begin without some youthful hiccups , but which the Egginton engineering team was able to manage in a short time. “Now we can focus solely on extracting VCARB load: The results we are seeing encourage us and give us further energy to continue pushing and developing.”
Precisely in this regard, in Bicester they worked on the development of a rather important package, initially scheduled for Imola but which, thanks to a development push, will see a good part of the updates anticipated in Miami .
The American weekend will also be influenced by the sprint format but in Faenza they are quite confident of the new evolutionary package, which will also include a new fund, as a macro-component subject to changes.
The new floor will give extra load and will be combined with the current upper appearance , which however will not undergo changes.
The new fund will be a first step towards new development paths, in view of future developments, which will arrive in other subsequent phases during the current season. The team's target remains to get closer to the top 5 in terms of gap, seeing Stroll's Aston Martin as a possible target in the short term.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
CaribouBread wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 15:19
CMSMJ1 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:55
The forum should be balancing itself in lots of ways - right?

Just be grown ups.. Arguing like kids and banging the table all the time is tiring!

Have your favourites, maybe even learn to disagree agreably about their performance but remember that the F1 game is brutal - you must perform, or you are spat out.

DR3 - he has lost his edge. It is plain to see and it is a shame as he is a really charismatic dude who you'd want to do well. Stopwatch and results doesn't lie though.

@djos - that last post..man, really? Could you and Wouter not have a sensible chat at all?
The only way this bickering will end is when one of them decides to mute the other, which they refuse to do! Its either that or we bear this until Ricciardo is eventually booted.
If I'm labeled a hater?
Because you post like a one legged pirate, going around and around in circles with the same regurgitated negative crap.

And when folk rebut your BS with actual facts and team statements, you move on to a different negative narrative! It’s f’n tiresome.

I would feel the same way about it if folk were bashing Yuki week in week out.

Yes Daniel needs to do a better job, blind Freddy can see that, but you posting unfounded tabloid articles constantly, just annoys everyone here!

Grow the fk up!
Last edited by Stu on 17 Apr 2024, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Note for mods: warning given for this post - unacceptable behaviour. Report left open, post not yet deleted.
"In downforce we trust"

Madhouse

Wouter wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 19:37
Translated from Form1a-uno/it/:

Racing Bulls anticipates some news in Miami

Rosario Giuliana
Racing Bulls is ahead of the game with updates in Miami for a new path of development.

With the further point gained in Japan, Racing Bulls aim to confirm themselves as sixth force also in China .
At Suzuka, as we had anticipated , the Anglo-Italian team had introduced an update to the pavement of the surface, which correlated as the team expected , which is why the new specification was promoted on both cars starting from FP2 even though it was not a significant news .
In China there will be no other significant updates, while it will be the turn of the current direct competitors, with Haas which will in fact bring the first part of its first package to the track .
At Racing Bulls the data between simulator, tunnel and track are however showing a certain correlation which gives hope to technical director Joddy Egginton: "Everyone in Faenza and Bicester is continuing to work very hard, and we are seeing the results on the track" .
A start to the season that did not begin without some youthful hiccups , but which the Egginton engineering team was able to manage in a short time. “Now we can focus solely on extracting VCARB load: The results we are seeing encourage us and give us further energy to continue pushing and developing.”
Precisely in this regard, in Bicester they worked on the development of a rather important package, initially scheduled for Imola but which, thanks to a development push, will see a good part of the updates anticipated in Miami .
The American weekend will also be influenced by the sprint format but in Faenza they are quite confident of the new evolutionary package, which will also include a new fund, as a macro-component subject to changes.
The new floor will give extra load and will be combined with the current upper appearance , which however will not undergo changes.
The new fund will be a first step towards new development paths, in view of future developments, which will arrive in other subsequent phases during the current season. The team's target remains to get closer to the top 5 in terms of gap, seeing Stroll's Aston Martin as a possible target in the short term.
Why didn't you paste in the information stating the change of chassis for Riccardo was a team choice?

https://formu1a.uno/en/racing-bulls-hav ... -schedule/
RICCIARDO’S NEW CHASSIS IS A TEAM CHOICE
At Racing Bulls, Yuki Tsunoda’s excellent performance contrasted with the difficulties on the other side of the garage occupied by Daniel Ricciardo.

The Australian is struggling to keep up with his teammate both in qualifying and in the race and seems to have returned to the limbo that surrounded him in the year of his separation with McLaren. The unfortunate accident at the start of Suzuka is the culmination of a negative moment for the driver from Perth.

A turnaround compared to the excellent performances at the end of last season, when Daniel took over from De Vries in Hungary:

“In Suzuka after free practice, in which we took some steps in the right direction, I was really optimistic for the race.

“An accident on the first lap is one of the worst things that can happen to a driver in these cases because he doesn’t accumulate data and experience.”

In Shanghai, Ricciardo’s VCARB01 will be equipped with a new chassis, following the wishes of Mekies’ team. There was no damage to the bodywork following the accident at the start of the Japanese GP. Regardless, this decision was motivated by the team to support driver number 3.

In fact, based on what has been gathered, the new chassis was not expressly requested by the Australian driver. Instead, it was the initiative of the Racing Bulls technicians.

The objective is to give the driver what is defined as a “mental confidence boost.” The Chinese circuit has many important technical and braking parts. Confidence in the car is essential, particularly on a sprint weekend.