2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Great. Just tops off the misery for Dan and the team after the race. Would have been 10 seconds penalty and no real consequence but because he DNFs its going to cost him instead 3 places next race. Unreal. No luck...

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 14:52
Bill wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 11:01
Magnussen such a dirty driver he has made a habit of ruining yuki races.he got passed on restart got angry and wanted the place back soon ,he needs to cool down the race is always long
Drivers like Magnussen, Grosjean, Kvyat and Stroll have no place on any racing track, not just F1. They are reckless and irresponsible and to great extent, do such things with intent and purpose. F1 was stupid to remove or not award drive through and race ban punishments.
You don't know what you are talking about!! Kvyat??? Because he bumped into Vettel's car twice in one race?
And he did such things with intent and purpose and is reckless and irresponsible ?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because Vettel called him "the torpedo" it doesn't mean Kvyat used to be doing what he did with Vetel that race! #-o
Kvyat is a great driver. He has a great career. He is now a Lamborghini driver (WEC) and is very happy with that.
Today he is driving in Imola. I'm enjoying watching him racing.
The Power of Dreams!

hasika
hasika

Yeah,a lit unlucky.Both Stroll and Kmag are dangerous drivers on the track,they hurt other's race so many times. I think both driver did good job until retire and the team made good strategy for both drivers.The early pistop help Yuki to make some undercut,the later pistop help Ric to have fresher tyres to attack.

Wouter

Huh? 3 place grid penalty for the Sprintrace? I thought that was always for the GP race. For the Sprintrace that isn't so bad.
Only the first 8 drivers can earn a point.
“The driver of Car 3 [Ricciardo] admitted that he overtook Car 27 [Hulkenberg] deliberately, but he explained that he felt
that he could do so because Car 27 had overtaken him under Safety Car before on lap 28,” read the panel’s statement.
“We note that Car 27 was permitted to overtake Car 3 on lap 28 because of Article 55.8.

“There was no justifiable basis for Car 3 to overtake Car 27 while the race was under Safety Car conditions.
We accordingly imposed a 10-second time penalty on Car 3.

“As Car 3 was unable to serve the penalty due to retirement, we imposed a three-grid place penalty to Car 3 for the next race
in which the driver participates.”

That means Ricciardo, who also picked up two penalty points, will take the grid drop for the Sprint during the next round
of the season at the Miami International Autodrome.
The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 15:01
Dunlay wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 14:52
Bill wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 11:01
Magnussen such a dirty driver he has made a habit of ruining yuki races.he got passed on restart got angry and wanted the place back soon ,he needs to cool down the race is always long
Drivers like Magnussen, Grosjean, Kvyat and Stroll have no place on any racing track, not just F1. They are reckless and irresponsible and to great extent, do such things with intent and purpose. F1 was stupid to remove or not award drive through and race ban punishments.
You don't know what you are talking about!! Kvyat??? Because he bumped into Vettel's car twice in one race?
And he did such things with intent and purpose and is reckless and irresponsible ?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because Vettel called him "the torpedo" it doesn't mean Kvyat used to be doing what he did with Vetel that race! #-o
Kvyat is a great driver. He has a great career. He is now a Lamborghini driver (WEC) and is very happy with that.
Today he is driving in Imola. I'm enjoying watching him racing.
I respect your opinion, but none of it changes what I feel about him. He was absolute rubbish.

hasika
hasika

Yuki was still very confused after race.
"The team worked very hard to see if there is something wrong with my car or not,they didnt find any issue yet.If we see the data, you can see my car slides more than other cars.So i think there must be something wrong."
"Ricciardo’s race pace was good,so its a shame that he didnt get points today.For my side,the rear just slides so much this weekend,so i have to change the set up to make the rear more stable,then the driveability became worse in corners.Basically its a vicious circle.”
“I can see in the race,Ricciardo always had much better traction than me.Its a bit of strange because we had same car,so we have to look at it.”

Wouter

You can read HERE the Drivers and Team’s quotes after the race.
The Power of Dreams!

Waz
Waz

FIA really trigger happy with penalties for absolutely everything this season.

Wouter

Lance his view. It wasn't his fault. #-o #-o #-o Watch and laugh. :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

Oh God, Danny Ric. When it rains, it pours. This article on formula1.com makes no sense to me (with respect to Daniel), no idea what actually happened.

Ricciardo had argued that he believed he could make the move on Hulkenberg as the Haas driver had overtaken him before under the Safety Car on Lap 28, but the stewards stated that this had been permitted because of Article 55.8 and added that there was "no justifiable basis" for Ricciardo to overtake Hulkenberg.

So why did Hulkenberg get to overtake under the safety car?

organic

bigblue wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 17:41
Oh God, Danny Ric. When it rains, it pours. This article on formula1.com makes no sense to me (with respect to Daniel), no idea what actually happened.

Ricciardo had argued that he believed he could make the move on Hulkenberg as the Haas driver had overtaken him before under the Safety Car on Lap 28, but the stewards stated that this had been permitted because of Article 55.8 and added that there was "no justifiable basis" for Ricciardo to overtake Hulkenberg.

So why did Hulkenberg get to overtake under the safety car?
Because you are allowed to overtake under SC if the other driver has a problem/issue. If a driver spins off in the wet under SC, you can drive past them for example. This applies when Hulkenberg passes Ricciardo who is going slowly due to contact with Stroll

bigblue

Ah right, thanks. I haven't actually watched the race, just saw the RB incidents.

Oleo
Oleo

Wouter wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 15:10
Huh? 3 place grid penalty for the Sprintrace? I thought that was always for the GP race. For the Sprintrace that isn't so bad.
“The driver of Car 3 [Ricciardo] admitted that he overtook Car 27 [Hulkenberg] deliberately, but he explained that he felt
that he could do so because Car 27 had overtaken him under Safety Car before on lap 28,” read the panel’s statement.
“We note that Car 27 was permitted to overtake Car 3 on lap 28 because of Article 55.8.

“There was no justifiable basis for Car 3 to overtake Car 27 while the race was under Safety Car conditions.

“As Car 3 was unable to serve the penalty due to retirement, we imposed a three-grid place penalty to Car 3 for the next race

That means Ricciardo, who also picked up two penalty points, will take the grid drop for the Sprint during the next round
No idea who you are quoting at the end, they are wrong, you are right. As the stewards say the penalty is for the next race, see bolded. Race penalties are for races, sprint penalties for sprints.

Oleo
Oleo

bigblue wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 18:45
Ah right, thanks. I haven't actually watched the race, just saw the RB incidents.
Also Ricciardo is allowed to retake his position under the same SC. But the race went back to green and he retook his position by overtaking Hulkenberg under the next SC and thats a big nono. That was just dumb, at least first check with your team, which he did not.

Wouter

Oleo wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 20:05
Wouter wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 15:10

No idea who you are quoting at the end, they are wrong, you are right. As the stewards say the penalty is for the next race, see bolded. Race penalties are for races, sprint penalties for sprints.
Sorry, I forgot to post the link. I quoted everything from this article:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... /10601712/
The Power of Dreams!