2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

FW17 wrote:
06 May 2024, 08:45
Wouter wrote:
06 May 2024, 08:43
MIAMI GP!

Hope the team retains the livery for the rest of the year.
Yes, a great livery, but they will not do that. :(
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

That livery is our good luck charm! Keep it! 😁

Wouter

Very nice guy but that accent from Mekies...... :D

A few words from Yuki (no words from Daniel yet):

2024 Driver Standings

Pos ----- Driver ------ Nationality ----- Car ----- PTS

9 Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes 27
10 Yuki Tsunoda JPN RB Honda RBPT 14
11 Lance Stroll CAN Aston Martin Aramco Mercedes 9
12 Oliver Bearman GBR Ferrari 6
13 Nico Hulkenberg GER Haas Ferrari 6
14 Daniel Ricciardo AUS RB Honda RBPT 5
15 Esteban Ocon FRA Alpine Renault 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2024 Constructor Standings

Pos ----- Team ----- PTS

1 Red Bull Racing Honda RBPT 239
2 Ferrari 187
3 McLaren Mercedes 124
4 Mercedes 64
5 Aston Martin Aramco Mercedes 42
6 RB Honda RBPT 19
7 Haas Ferrari 7
8 Alpine Renault 1
9 Williams Mercedes 0
10 Kick Sauber Ferrari 0
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

“The number of points we achieved was a lot for us,” Tsunoda said media including RN 365. “It shows how hard the people who are in the background in the factory working, pushing. It's incredible and we're happy to score the points we deserve."

What helped with the good results: upgrades to the floor and the diffuser.
“We got some upgrades this week and I think that helped a lot.
Right from the first free practice I felt comfortable and on Saturday Daniel took P4. And during a long stint we achieved P7 and were even faster than one of the Mercedes [Russell]. We have never achieved anything like this in the first races, the progress we are making is insane"
Yuki kept Russell behind him and was every lap quicker at the end of the race.

Here you can see how Yuki continued to get further ahead of Russell. (laptimes)

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9223 ... s/849-840/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Drivers and Team’s quotes after the Miami race

Yuki Tsunoda #22
Race – Pos. 7th

“Very happy, what a great job by the team! It’s been an incredible week in which we scored in both races. We kind of expected we would have a good performance here but the most important thing is that we achieved it. As a team, we stuck to our plan and didn’t make any mistakes today. As for me, overall, I’m happy with my driving even though I made a mistake at the start. I reset myself and kept going, and especially in the last stint where I was just driving by myself, I was pushing and able to achieve similar lap times to the cars in front. The team developed a great car and I appreciate them a lot. The amount of push from the factory is incredible and in the end, we were able to score well-deserved points. We were able to progress quickly from the start of the season, so I’m looking forward to the future. The next race in Imola is kind of another home race for me, so I hope we’ll be able to continue our rhythm and achieve a good result in front of our home crowd, especially people from the factory. Everyone is doing a fantastic job and we’ll definitely keep pushing!”

Daniel Ricciardo #3
Race – Pos. 15th

“Entering the race you always have some optimism, but yesterday’s quali hurt, and unfortunately, I think was the shape of today’s race. We were stuck in traffic in the race and were simply not quick enough to come through the field. When we were surrounded by the other cars and fighting with them, we struggled a lot to use our pace compared to what we did yesterday in the Sprint with the clean air. Compared to other cars, I think that with our setup we were quite down on straight-line speed. I couldn’t do anything and was stuck behind them. We’ll definitely be looking into it in our debrief, but generally, we know that we have to qualify better, like I did on Friday, which has also been the mirror of yesterday’s Sprint. Taking the positives, the team leaves Miami very happy; I had a good Sprint-qualifying and Sprint in the previous days, and Yuki also got some points today. I’m also genuinely happy for Lando, big congratulations to him, he is a rival but also a friend. I know how talented he is and I knew it was just a matter of time for him to take his first win.”

Guillaume Dezoteux (Head Of Vehicle Perfomance)
-----------------------------
Laurent Mekies (Team Principal)
https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-miami-gp-race/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Ricciardo to produce new F1 comedy

Despite a tumultuous return to F1, Ricciardo seems to be thriving in new ventures off track.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the Aussie is the now the executive producer for a new F1 comedy series titled 'Downforce', teaming up with writers Alec Berg and Adam Countee.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the plot of Downforce centres around “what happens when the heiress to a dynastic racing team is thrust back into the family business and the hard choices she must make about the future of the team and her family’s legacy”.

Ricciardo will use his F1 expertise to advise on the show, which has been picked up for a pilot on Disney's streaming service.

He follows in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton, who has also been tempted into the world of Hollywood, assisting Brad Pitt with his upcoming F1 film.

Hamilton will produce the film, and has been reported to star in it alongside Pitt, Javier Bardem and Damson Idris.

Similarly to Ricciardo, Hamilton has taken on an advisory role to ensure the movie accurately depicts the world of Formula 1.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10201 ... -miami-gp/

The Power of Dreams!

organic

https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... Newey.html
Helmut Marko: "The rumors that Ricciardo will be replaced by Liam Lawson at Imola are nonsense. Liam's manager from New Zealand was there [in Miami], apparently he has certain dreams, and these are being made known via some media - also from New Zealand. Nothing at all is planned for Imola."

Wouter

organic wrote:
10 May 2024, 15:45
https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... Newey.html
Helmut Marko: "The rumors that Ricciardo will be replaced by Liam Lawson at Imola are nonsense. Liam's manager from New Zealand was there [in Miami], apparently he has certain dreams, and these are being made known via some media - also from New Zealand.
Nothing at all is planned for Imola."
The sentence you quoted was not finished/everything he said.
In Imola ist überhaupt nichts geplant. Aber man wird sich das natürlich für die Zukunft anschauen.
Nothing at all is planned in Imola. But of course we will look at this in the future.
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Look at it it in the future could mean anything. If Dan starts beating Yuki more it could be Yuki being looked at. A very open ended response after Marko just praised Dan. Besides that Horner calls the shots anyway not Marko.

Of the last 8 head to head battles encompassing China and Miami qualli and races Dan has won 6 of 8. It's mainly down to bad luck more than anything else he hasn't scored more points either the last few races weekends from Oz until now. Mekies, Marko, Horner etc all know this it reflects in Mekies recent statements. Sounds like Marko is annoyed at Liam's manager too continually starting rumours. Not sure the Visa and Cashapp sponsors that Dan helped bring would be happy about that either.

Wouter

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter

runningmanz wrote:
15 May 2024, 11:54
Home race preview.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-e ... -prixview/
Thanx for the link. I would like to add a few quotes.
Alan Permane (Racing Director)

“This weekend sees the start of the European season for Formula One and it’s a special race for Visa Cash App RB as the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Imola is only 15km from our base in Faenza. It’s very much our home race and we will have the pleasure of seeing a lot of our factory staff in the grandstands over the weekend. The circuit features very high-speed changes of direction, plenty of elevation change and some tricky kerbs to master. A compromise between a stiff car for the high speed and some compliance to ride the kerbs is required. Pirelli are bringing their softest tyres in the range which is one step softer than has been used here in the past. We will be looking to maximise mileage with both drivers on Friday to optimise qualifying and race performance.”

Daniel Ricciardo #3

“Obviously, it’s a home week for the team, so the week is a little busier but it’s good; good to get to the factory, see the team, and see how everything’s progressing. We are always travelling around the world and don’t have much time to meet all the employees, so when we do, it’s nice to give a few hugs to the team, a bit of love, and share it around. We obviously get a lot of information about how things are going, but to go there and see it first-hand is always nice.
“It’s the first European race of the year. It’s a lot of familiarity to us, we get back to the Energy Station and the paddock just has that familiar environment again.

Yuki Tsunoda #22

“Imola up next! I’m very excited and it’s one of the tracks I drove quite a lot in the past. It’s another home race, my second home race. Unfortunately, we couldn’t race there last year because of the flooding, so I’m very excited to race here and see the Emilia-Romagna fans cheering, especially after what happened not long ago. The flood had a massive impact, there was mud everywhere and there are people that have lost everything: their house with everything inside; their belongings and memories, photos. It’s pretty incredible how the whole city and whole region of Emilia-Romagna recovered right after, how people worked together to at least clear the roads so that you can travel around. It was impressive to see how the people were helping each other. People who were not affected just went around town with shovels and baskets asking if they could help people they didn’t even know. My house was not affected, but I couldn’t just stand still and look at the others helping, so I took the shovel and went to the city centre, which was massively affected, and started to clean the streets.
“The flood will always be remembered and how the town came back stronger. The region recovered much faster than I thought and is now looking ahead.
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
15 May 2024, 12:11
runningmanz wrote:
15 May 2024, 11:54
Home race preview.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-e ... -prixview/
Thanx for the link. I would like to add a few quotes.
No problem. Hopefully another great weekend for the team again this time at their home race.

Wouter

Daniel at the press conference:

The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Yuki Tsunoda has admitted he could leave the Red Bull team if a “really interesting offer”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/liam-laws ... ting-offer