2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

In the meantime do we know anything about a penalty to Sainz or is it a racing incident?

Slahinki
Slahinki

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:45
In the meantime do we know anything about a penalty to Sainz or is it a racing incident?
No documents other than the summons on the FIA site yet.

Big Tea

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:45
Makes no difference really Oscar is not close enough to gain and Lando is top of the shop and not affected any way.
It would not help anyone
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:26
Oh man, just saw the interview with Will (Lando's race engineer). The last question was "What will this do to Lando's confidence" to which Will replied : I want to keep this to myself, I don't want to say. And he mentioned Russia was still haunting him (Will). Can't help but think Lando must have been cooked up with a lot of pressure. Poor guy is very self-critical, seeing all those opportunities at race wins going away. He has hidden it pretty good, but obviously, it had affected him to some level.
It will be really interesting,,, Now that he has that monkey of his back, the pressure to win your first GP… It might actually boost him, in F1 most of the lap time comes from confidence, in the car and in yourself… I wouldn’t be surprised if Lando suddenly steps up his game even more and brings a couple more surprises this season

Dimond
Dimond

Will Joseph: "The package should favor other circuits more than it did here"

mwillems

Dimond wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:49
Yes. This was a very big step. The team have underplayed this rather well.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mwillems

Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:26
Oh man, just saw the interview with Will (Lando's race engineer). The last question was "What will this do to Lando's confidence" to which Will replied : I want to keep this to myself, I don't want to say. And he mentioned Russia was still haunting him (Will). Can't help but think Lando must have been cooked up with a lot of pressure. Poor guy is very self-critical, seeing all those opportunities at race wins going away. He has hidden it pretty good, but obviously, it had affected him to some level.
For sure he will feel like he deserves a seat at the top table now and I'm sure this will help him deliver when it counts.
This may be the race when the floodgates were broken.

I'm quietly wondering how much of a challenge we can put up this season if this car turns out to be fast everywhere. I think it is wishful thinking, but it is in the back of my mind.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

mwillems wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:05
For sure he will feel like he deserves a seat at the top table now and I'm sure this will help him deliver when it counts.

I'm quietly wondering how much of a challenge we can put up this season if this car turns out to be fast everywhere.
I want to believe but let's keep it cool. Verstappen was slightly off today.

ringo

Lando could fight for the championship from here could he?
He will win again for sure. In fact he could win the next race!
Nothing is stopping him. Max seemed to have gotten lazy and spoiled running up front in a rocket ship. He had no answer today.
I am really hoping Mclaren or Ferrari heat up the remained of the season.
For Sure!!

Darth-Piekus

We don't need to go that far. Let's try and beat Max as many times as possible on merit and build on that.

mwillems

FittingMechanics wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:06
mwillems wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:05

I'm quietly wondering how much of a challenge we can put up this season if this car turns out to be fast everywhere.
I want to believe but let's keep it cool. Verstappen was slightly off today.
Verstappen has looked like his margins were slim more than once this year. He was still faster than the Ferrari and without our upgrade likely no-one would be suggesting he was off if we'd finished behind Leclerc. I think that if he was off, it was because he was feeling a little too much Papaya :D

CjC
CjC

Dimond wrote:
👌🏻👌🏻
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

ringo wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:07
Lando could fight for the championship from here could he?
He will win again for sure. In fact he could win the next race!
Nothing is stopping him. Max seemed to have gotten lazy and spoiled running up front in a rocket ship. He had no answer today.
I am really hoping Mclaren or Ferrari heat up the remained of the season.
I think it is is too much to ask, even if we retain the fastest car for the season. But I'd love to see the team closing down the Red Bull and forcing some mistakes from them. It will be nice to see Lando sharpen his teeth prior to a proper push next year, if all goes well.

Also it is worth saying that for the most part, Oscar was driving a very good race with very good pace. He always runs with more DF on the nose, looking for a more pointy car. It looks like this new car may work for him.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Dimond wrote:
My guess is if it worked well here, it should work well at Imola.

Mclaren is ahead on the update curve, so they need to bank good finishes before RedBull and Ferrari bring a sweep of updates as well.

Darth-Piekus

So regarding Donald Trump I said some hours before that he might bring a little bit of his aura. How right I was.