2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Hoffman900 wrote:
06 May 2024, 16:31
Tvetovnato wrote:
06 May 2024, 16:05
For those who like and support Lewis, why not simply acknowledge that he did a great job yesterday and leave George out of it? So George had a not so great race yesterday, but that will continue to ebb and flow during the season as it has in the past two years. They are two quite evenly matched drivers and will continue to be, so why try to invent a narrative that will constantly be proven wrong? It will only lead to pages and pages of my driver is better than yours which there is enough of on other sites…
It’s both camps; one camp is hung up on Lewis and the other is hell bent on seeing Lewis fail.

Of all the driver pairings, those two are indiscernible, and it distracts from the real issue of the team’s issues and it being a mid pack team now.

Like I said, Lewis and George are much closer to each other than Merc is RB, Ferrari, and now Mclaren, and that should be the real story.
Horner throwing around that RBPT has taken 220 engineers from HPP.

As I said, everyone is arguing drivers, but engineers build the cars, and that matters most in F1. Arguing over who’s better at finishing 6th or 8th shows you were the real problem lies.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

George Russell has the intelligence of Carlos Sainz and the speed of Charles Leclerc.

PlatinumZealot

Hoffman900 wrote:
07 May 2024, 14:39
Hoffman900 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:
For those who like and support Lewis, why not simply acknowledge that he did a great job yesterday and leave George out of it? So George had a not so great race yesterday, but that will continue to ebb and flow during the season as it has in the past two years. They are two quite evenly matched drivers and will continue to be, so why try to invent a narrative that will constantly be proven wrong? It will only lead to pages and pages of my driver is better than yours which there is enough of on other sites…
It’s both camps; one camp is hung up on Lewis and the other is hell bent on seeing Lewis fail.

Of all the driver pairings, those two are indiscernible, and it distracts from the real issue of the team’s issues and it being a mid pack team now.

Like I said, Lewis and George are much closer to each other than Merc is RB, Ferrari, and now Mclaren, and that should be the real story.
Horner throwing around that RBPT has taken 220 engineers from HPP.

As I said, everyone is arguing drivers, but engineers build the cars, and that matters most in F1. Arguing over who’s better at finishing 6th or 8th shows you were the real problem lies.
Well 220 persons... He didnt say how long a term either. Horner mouth cannot be trusted.

If all the noise is to beleieved this RedBull engine wont be that great in the first few seasons.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Hoffman900 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:

I don't disagree that this is the over all tone of it. But it gets this was bc team LH seems hell bent on seeing Russell fail.

There's always this tension with LHs competitive teammates. The opposing teammate becomes the bad guy. Alonso then Rosberg. Now Russell.

I really didn't expect this bc George is British. Very British.

langedweil

ringo wrote:
06 May 2024, 22:21
"I think Russel is better than Leclerc and Max. But just my opinion. He doesn't have any weakness. His only weakness is mental."
So in your opinion it's then something like Ham, Rus, Max, Lec, Nor ?
Am I close ?
HuggaWugga !

PlatinumZealot

langedweil wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:11
ringo wrote:
"I think Russel is better than Leclerc and Max. But just my opinion. He doesn't have any weakness. His only weakness is mental."
Am I close ?
So you are saying Mercedes doesn't believe its drivers are the best?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

James Vowles insight into Mercedes drivers:

Talks about MSC's level of intensity and commitment. Nico study abilities. Lewis is an "optimizer" who experiments with all the swtiches.... An interesting watch.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

langedweil wrote:
ringo wrote:
Am I close ?
I dont think of Heirarchy; like some fans do. It's real life and not a video game. Drivers can have their ups and downs over a season or seasons.
I dont think it makes sense to say who is the best or whatever when the cars are different.
I can just subjectively say driver X has certain strong points that seem to be stronger than Driver Ys. And vice versa.
Russel Max Lando Leclerc are all in the same group when it comes to talent. They can all seriously challenge each other depending on a million factors.
I do think that Russel too can leave Mercedes in a year's time. While everyone is looking for Max to leave redbull, Russel can try to move to redbull and I am sure they would take him.
For Sure!!

deadhead

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
07 May 2024, 18:45
George Russell has the intelligence of Carlos Sainz and the speed of Charles Leclerc.
:lol:

langedweil

ringo wrote:
08 May 2024, 07:26
langedweil wrote:
ringo wrote:
Am I close ?
I dont think of Heirarchy; like some fans do.
Hmm, this kinda feels like superposition then ..
Nevermind.
HuggaWugga !

langedweil

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 May 2024, 01:58
langedweil wrote:
ringo wrote:
Am I close ?
So you are saying Mercedes doesn't believe its drivers are the best?
Blue tomatoes are seldom square (makes about as much sense)
I was just curious to Ringo's take, never mentioned MB.
HuggaWugga !

mstar
mstar

I rate George very very high. I think he is that level lower than max/lewis. I also think he is more complete then most in that lower teir. I think people on here bash George but seriously when in junior formula categories, the stand out drivers in the same class (or equivelent), was Max/Charles/George each one the karting world champs in different competitions i am not sure if they ever spent 1 race racing together in 1 super karting race? maybe someone can correct me. But george said each one the biggest tournaments so each could claim the best karter in the world.

Luscion
Luscion

PlatinumZealot

Luscion wrote:
08 May 2024, 19:27
Interesting. Mission 44 in action!! =D>
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Nothing asked about george's race apart from why he struggled?
This video was a lewis 44 world fan video. Lol
For Sure!!