2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Joseki
Joseki

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

xReVo wrote:
05 May 2024, 22:38
No more updates from Imola, stop everything and focus on next season already. Because this is suffering
Stopping everything to focus of the following year never worked for any team in the past 20 years.
They need to do what McLaren did: deliver multiple big/medium upgrades that bring actual performance.

So far Aston Martin made a gigantic step in between 2022-23 and essentially stopped there.

However, knowing that Stroll Sr. seriously attempted to poach James Allison from Mercedes this winter, I am starting to suspect the current technical department at Aston Martin isn't complete enough to deliver what is needed.
Hopefully Stroll Sr. can poach the right person for the job.

Big Gun
Big Gun

At least after passing Ocon Alonso was catching Russell despite pitting early for the Mediums

Joseki
Joseki

Big Gun wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:10
At least after passing Ocon Alonso was catching Russell despite pitting early for the Mediums
Alonso was catching Russell, but he also was 5-7 tenths slower than Hamilton on the mediums.

SSJ4
SSJ4

One thing I just don’t understand is they knew they were gonna be very quick at the beginning of last season. Like we heard rumours about wind tunnel numbers. But since then stuff isn’t correlating properly.

Joseki
Joseki

Alonso said to the spanish tv after the race they hope to close the gap to Mercedes with the Imola update.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

KimiRai wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:52
Now, it is true that Imola needs to be much better and the updates have got to work. It could be the defining moment of the season. If they don't work then I will join the doomers.
Honestly. i lost every single hope about AM. The "huge" "downgrades" in arrives in Imola, i dont expect nothing more, just another P8 or P9. AM looks like 2023, but, started this season so much worse than last year. Suffering to overtake Alpine. Im so depressed.

issey
issey

I‘m getting so mad at all the people shitting on the team. Blaming the technical department and saying they are bringing "downgrades". You can’t support the team when it’s getting podiums and when it’s not so bright you hate like the day doesn’t end, but when they are good you act like you never said anything. Miami was a bad outlier, look at the last races the qualifying was good and the pace wasn’t that far off the top team. You all change your opinion literally every day, it takes time and you can’t praise the team when it’s doing good and when not then you hate.

makecry
makecry

issey wrote:
06 May 2024, 01:56
I‘m getting so mad at all the people shitting on the team. Blaming the technical department and saying they are bringing "downgrades". You can’t support the team when it’s getting podiums and when it’s not so bright you hate like the day doesn’t end, but when they are good you act like you never said anything. Miami was a bad outlier, look at the last races the qualifying was good and the pace wasn’t that far off the top team. You all change your opinion literally every day, it takes time and you can’t praise the team when it’s doing good and when not then you hate.
You can’t call it an outlier unless it’s an established data point outside the norm. It remains to be seen if it’s a trend.

Regardless, alpine nearly beat Aston Martin today. McLaren won the race. A year back Fernando was on podium at the track , we can’t be in denial

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Stroll got a 10 second penalty for being forced off track by Albon :wtf:

xReVo
xReVo

issey wrote:
from Austria 2023 that I honestly no longer trust. Every update seems to be broken, like last year, what should we expect? Now the other user also reported that Alonso has declared that he hopes to catch up with Mercedes in Imola... But seriously?

diffuser

Joseki wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:07
xReVo wrote:
05 May 2024, 22:38
No more updates from Imola, stop everything and focus on next season already. Because this is suffering
Stopping everything to focus of the following year never worked for any team in the past 20 years.
They need to do what McLaren did: deliver multiple big/medium upgrades that bring actual performance.

So far Aston Martin made a gigantic step in between 2022-23 and essentially stopped there.

However, knowing that Stroll Sr. seriously attempted to poach James Allison from Mercedes this winter, I am starting to suspect the current technical department at Aston Martin isn't complete enough to deliver what is needed.
Hopefully Stroll Sr. can poach the right person for the job.
They're under manned, so they keep hiring people. They need to build their own transmission and rear suspension too, you don't pull people out of the air for that. They're still growing.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

xReVo wrote:
06 May 2024, 03:39
issey wrote:
from Austria 2023 that I honestly no longer trust. Every update seems to be broken, like last year, what should we expect? Now the other user also reported that Alonso has declared that he hopes to catch up with Mercedes in Imola... But seriously?
Thats the point. Mclaren bring Major updates into a sprint weekend and they did A LOT of pace and stability and WON THE RACE(ok SC here but), without practice. AM made this in Austin and was a complete disaster and every single upgrade AM put in the car, more strange they looks

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I don't think they are working well. They've had a reasonable amount of changes to the car since the start of the year, but it doesn't seem to have had the same impact as packages of similar scope from rival teams. Mclaren arrive with 1 update and barely any mileage and win a race. Ferrari have changed nothing and it doesn't feel as though AMR got closer to them.

This was Suzuka:

This was this weekend:

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 03:57
I don't think they are working well. They've had a reasonable amount of changes to the car since the start of the year, but it doesn't seem to have had the same impact as packages of similar scope from rival teams. Mclaren arrive with 1 update and barely any mileage and win a race. Ferrari have changed nothing and it doesn't feel as though AMR got closer to them.

This was Suzuka:
https://i.postimg.cc/bvqYczy1/image.png

This was this weekend:
https://i.postimg.cc/GmF35BCc/image.png
Yeah but, the positiv way: they said Suzuka upgrades were "slightly" and we expected just 2 tenths with those upgrades.the negative way: i dont know, we need wait for imola, but i dont have hope with that, speclly after Alonso said "close to Mercedes" . I think they are lost, like last year in the final part of the season.

F1doc
F1doc

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 02:52
Stroll got a 10 second penalty for being forced off track by Albon :wtf:
The penalty made no difference to Stroll's terrible result. He went backwards in the race and didn't seem to get on top of tyre management.