2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

i confess im afraid a bit about the Imola upgrades, because we already hear about Ferrari, Redbull, Mercedes etc Imola's upgrade, and nothing about Aston Martin, just Alonso said "closer to Mercedes" The AM for Imola is slightly pack again? doenst work well? they no confident about upgrades again? im afraid. The Miami performance blurried the real performance and make us think wrong about team? i dont know, but, my hope is going away.

Joseki
Joseki

I have a question for the people in the know: is the budget spent on the infrastructures at the new factory part of the budget or excluded from the cap?

xReVo
xReVo

Everyone brings updates for Imola, Ferrari will even improve by 4 tenths. But where should Aston Martin go? We were 2nd last year and today we have even reached sixth force in Miami, then if a car is born badly, it will always fall further behind its competitors (apart from the McLaren masterpiece, to whose detriment? Aston Martin obviously).
And then I read some comments "ehhh but we can't get close to Ferrari" but do you realize or not that last year we were ahead of Ferrari at this time of year? Who took the step forward?

NAPI10
NAPI10

xReVo wrote:
09 May 2024, 17:09
Everyone brings updates for Imola, Ferrari will even improve by 4 tenths. But where should Aston Martin go? We were 2nd last year and today we have even reached sixth force in Miami, then if a car is born badly, it will always fall further behind its competitors (apart from the McLaren masterpiece, to whose detriment? Aston Martin obviously).
And then I read some comments "ehhh but we can't get close to Ferrari" but do you realize or not that last year we were ahead of Ferrari at this time of year? Who took the step forward?
Unless AM start building Rear Suspension, Gear box etc ; the best they can do is to beat Merc with superior Aero. It's foolish to keep calling RB, Ferrari & Mclr for comparison.

xReVo
xReVo

NAPI10 wrote:
09 May 2024, 18:40
xReVo wrote:
Unless AM start building Rear Suspension, Gear box etc ; the best they can do is to beat Merc with superior Aero. It's foolish to keep calling RB, Ferrari & Mclr for comparison.
For me this speech doesn't make sense, 1. Because you're behind Mercedes. 2. Because in any case you design the car on those suspensions and it doesn't exist as someone said that Aston Martin received the indications are late, because in any case you have to expect this change of philosophy, we knew it, imagine if they didn't know it. In any case Mercedes has different problems than to Aston Martin and still enjoys the best wind tunnel in F1 (the Mercedes one). You had a good car last year, why didn't you repeat yourself this year? It means that they are there some problems. As customers such as McLaren among others, they could well design their own suspension and gearbox if they are so dissatisfied. For me they are excuses and that's it

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
You know, until the race, the weekend looked pretty bad for Mclaren. 1 6th place in the sprint for Piastri. 5th and 6th in the Quali....nothing to write home about ... Don't believe everything you read.

We've been over this like 100 times. When they changed the tires in 2023, everyone in the top 5 except Aston, took a step forward and Aston took a step backward. It basically made Aston's early 2023 pace a lie. It would have never happen if they would have started with those tires at the beginning of the year.

Internal expectations Last year and or this year was not to be on the podium every race. I think for the most part the AMR24 in Alonso's hand has been what I've been expecting. Basically 5th fighting for 4th.

diffuser

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... i-asphalt/
Even Pirelli sports director Mario Isola was surprised: "The soft tire was better than expected over the distance. In the first round, the medium was much closer to the soft than we had calculated in advance." Isola had only one explanation for the unusual characteristics of his tires: "The organizer treated the asphalt before the race and changed the roughness somewhat. It seems that the tire types reacted differently to it."

According to Aston Martin chief engineer Tom McCullough, it was because of the Miami Autodrome track layout that the tires are difficult to recover. "From curve 4 to 7 and from curve 11 to 16, the tire is under constant stress. After an initial ignition, more and more temperature builds up."

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser wrote:
09 May 2024, 22:16
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... i-asphalt/
Even Pirelli sports director Mario Isola was surprised: "The soft tire was better than expected over the distance. In the first round, the medium was much closer to the soft than we had calculated in advance." Isola had only one explanation for the unusual characteristics of his tires: "The organizer treated the asphalt before the race and changed the roughness somewhat. It seems that the tire types reacted differently to it."

According to Aston Martin chief engineer Tom McCullough, it was because of the Miami Autodrome track layout that the tires are difficult to recover. "From curve 4 to 7 and from curve 11 to 16, the tire is under constant stress. After an initial ignition, more and more temperature builds up."
It's always the tyres....

SSJ4
SSJ4

Tbf red bull are suffering from tyre issues as well. We’ll see how it goes but I think It won’t be rectified fully until next year

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
09 May 2024, 20:24
xReVo wrote:
You know, until the race, the weekend looked pretty bad for Mclaren. 1 6th place in the sprint for Piastri. 5th and 6th in the Quali....nothing to write home about ... Don't believe everything you read.

We've been over this like 100 times. When they changed the tires in 2023, everyone in the top 5 except Aston, took a step forward and Aston took a step backward. It basically made Aston's early 2023 pace a lie. It would have never happen if they would have started with those tires at the beginning of the year.

Internal expectations Last year and or this year was not to be on the podium every race. I think for the most part the AMR24 in Alonso's hand has been what I've been expecting. Basically 5th fighting for 4th.
I'll answer the first thing about McLaren, they had already shown a monstrous flying lap in the sprint qualifying, so Sunday's pace didn't surprise anyone. Norris's mistakes and the the strangeness of the tires influenced McLaren, then they fixed everything and the quality showed. Now Aston Martin's problem last year was the tyres, before it was the update of Canada, then the ban on the wing, then it is the 2023 car which was now lost and consequently during the last season there were real tests of the car during the races with a view to 2024, we get to this year and there are still the exact same problems. What are these called? Apologies. The goal was to improve compared to last year, certainly not a huge downgrade as it happened and how it is still getting worse. Then obviously there are the external situations, the track, the tyres, the sky, the sea, the mountains, the clouds, but Ferrari Redbull McLaren and Mercedes always have the same performances and are always in the same position, who knows why, instead Aston Martin suffers from all these conditions and risks being beaten even by Alpine. This would be the team that wants to fight for the 2026 World Championship? If Imola's updates work I'll be wrong, but if they don't work they won't even remotely have my trust anymore

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
09 May 2024, 23:24
diffuser wrote:
09 May 2024, 20:24
xReVo wrote:

I'll answer the first thing about McLaren, they had already shown a monstrous flying lap in the sprint qualifying, so Sunday's pace didn't surprise anyone. Norris's mistakes and the the strangeness of the tires influenced McLaren, then they fixed everything and the quality showed. Now Aston Martin's problem last year was the tyres, before it was the update of Canada, then the ban on the wing, then it is the 2023 car which was now lost and consequently during the last season there were real tests of the car during the races with a view to 2024, we get to this year and there are still the exact same problems. What are these called? Apologies. The goal was to improve compared to last year, certainly not a huge downgrade as it happened and how it is still getting worse. Then obviously there are the external situations, the track, the tyres, the sky, the sea, the mountains, the clouds, but Ferrari Redbull McLaren and Mercedes always have the same performances and are always in the same position, who knows why, instead Aston Martin suffers from all these conditions and risks being beaten even by Alpine. This would be the team that wants to fight for the 2026 World Championship? If Imola's updates work I'll be wrong, but if they don't work they won't even remotely have my trust anymore
I guess the difference between you and me is I expect them to struggle.

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

Ppl are unusually critical about the car development, big teams got it wrong last season that played a part last season. This year Ferrari & McLaren are closer to their usual level. AMR has done well overall, they solved limitations of last years car and will continue working to make this car better.

Hope the focus is more on solving problems with race pace and improving tire deg situation.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Two weeks ago it was said floor and diffuser for Imola, of course it wouldn't hurt if they bring more parts than that :D let's see

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

KimiRai wrote:
10 May 2024, 10:06
Two weeks ago it was said floor and diffuser for Imola, of course it wouldn't hurt if they bring more parts than that :D let's see

Let’s see, I hope to see some suspension upgrades and maybe few other mechanical ones for better tyre management apart from jus aero ones

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

nowaysthatsreal wrote:
10 May 2024, 11:43
KimiRai wrote:
10 May 2024, 10:06

Let’s see, I hope to see some suspension upgrades and maybe few other mechanical ones for better tyre management apart from jus aero ones
Dont expect too much, AM has been a disappoint and until now every things they said when come to the real, was worst than expected. I will not surprise if the Imola's upgrades still make the car fight for p11-p12