2024 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Alpine F1 Team

yepp4 wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 07:41
diffuser wrote:
18 Apr 2024, 03:18
For me, it's the guy at the very top. He let Omar go. Which means it was him that said no to whatever Fry asked for. Doesn't matter who you put below him, he'll handcuff them.
So probably Rossi or De Meo.

But if we look at the results, whatever org (which let's be honest is no different to other teams) or processes they put in place since 2017 didn't work better than before, Fry joined in 2020 and from 2018 to 2022 they were always 5th or 4th, relative to the others it didn't make a difference.

It may be a shortcut but Fry didn't have an influence (in terms of results), but then he stayed 3 years... to realize the team didn't have the ambition ? The reasons he gave upon his departure seem really generic to me.
Rossi was already fired.....

Yeah, pretty sure he was on the limit with his comments. There is a line you cross and it makes it harder to get a job.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

I gotta say. The new floor makes the car look a lot better and more stable. And the wings haven't been matched to it yet.

JordanMugen

yepp4 wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 07:47
Edit: So they corrected in SQ1, they reduced by 3,6kg with the latest changes and are still 1kg above the limit, they will be under for Miami
Edit again : New floor needed a new chassis revision to be fitted on Ocon's car.
Wonderful stuff from the Alpine team! =D>

yepp4
yepp4

Not a bad race this China GP, they start to be able to fight with others, performance wise this brings a little bit of hope :)

I think Gasly made his first overtake of the year this weekend so both cars did better, not sure the upgrades are worth a lot but at least Ocon seemed to have a decent racecraft and left nothing on the table this weekend again. Anyway they were quicker than Williams and RB on this track, not far from Haas and at least above one Sauber, and half a Mercedes (Ham behind and unable to pass for a long time) :)

On the operational side, they have work to do, pit stops are average (they did better end of last year) and they make mistakes.

They are not so lucky with the calendar with those two back to back sprint weekends, it will be hard to find the right setup with those new parts but there is more to be extracted from the package.

Anyone knows when the next upgrades are planned ? I think i heard Imola but not sure ?

Foryster
Foryster

The progress is clear. In Bahrain they were deathly last P19 and P20 in quali. Now both cars are in Q2 and its not a coincidence. While Gasly will get new stuff in Miami and the final step of weight reduction takes place in Miamo, Alpine should be even better. Same with races.

I wonder what can they achieve. In my opinion P6 is realistic.

Jambier

Yes progress are here, and in a way it was expected

They are not a small team, P6 should be the minimum and I believe they will end up there

Season is long they will develop and keep this platform for next year

factory_p

David Sanchez appointed Executive Technical Director.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6deH5nCzgV ... BiNWFlZA==

Famin lost no time in pouching him days after he split up with McLaren. I think he can be a good recruit with a strong experience at Ferrari amongst other things. He complained he didn't have the freedom he wanted at McLaren, he should have it at Alpine as the guy overseeing all 3 tech branches in the new organization Alpine announced earlier this year.

yepp4
yepp4

factory_p wrote:
02 May 2024, 11:26

Famin lost no time in pouching him days after he split up with McLaren. I think he can be a good recruit with a strong experience at Ferrari amongst other things. He complained he didn't have the freedom he wanted at McLaren, he should have it at Alpine as the guy overseeing all 3 tech branches in the new organization Alpine announced earlier this year.
=D> Good job Famin, that's the first positive announcement in a long time.. they show they're still serious about F1!

jrdls
jrdls

factory_p wrote:
02 May 2024, 11:26

This is good news for Alpine. I just hope he's not as toxic as the rumour mill makes him out to be. They need to keep recruiting good technical people and increase their capex now.

Foryster
Foryster

Exactly. Nice good job. This is the "top hire" at the top level of the structure. Much more experienced guy than Harmann.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Good move by Alpine. Hopefully this means Sanchez will do all the media appearances instead of Bruno.

Sanchez created some hype for himself. Now its time to back that up

yepp4
yepp4

And new hire again, this time from RBR (from twitter)

JPower
JPower

Slowly but surely getting better. Good result for the team relative to the start of the year. There's a decent car somewhere underneath there.

This is funny.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

JPower wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:16
Slowly but surely getting better. Good result for the team relative to the start of the year. There's a decent car somewhere underneath there.

Really shows how much the weight impacts a car! They weren't setting the world on fire, but it was a solid performance by the team.

JordanMugen

Superb driving by team leader Ocon to take a point and move Alpine into a strong P8 in the WCC! Ocon is being very impressive IMO (Gasly isn't too far behind now though, but Ocon's determination is quite something.)