[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
k.ko100v
k.ko100v

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

One proposal from my side...

I do not se a logical reason that the upper surface of the side-pods volume to be such lower against the upper surface of the monocoque volume.

This is more or less favorable for designing of lower leading edge lip design (aka Aston Martin)... compared to upper leading edge lips design (aka Red Bull).

I think that If we want to be as much as close to the current F1 cars, and to be able to explore both designs, the side-pods volume should be increased up to the level (in Z detection) to the monocoque upper surface.

Regards,
Krasen
Last edited by k.ko100v on 10 Apr 2024, 17:21, edited 2 times in total.

G-raph

LVDH wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 08:11
Sounds like I did not get your initial post.
I know that the morphing is not perfect, I just assumed it was good enough for the small deformations we need when we stick to the rules.
Please show some screenshots, as I still do not fully understand the issue.
I have emailed you some STL files, that should be easier than some screenshots.

To be clear, I don't think there is a major problem with morphing. I just pointed out what to do for people who might wonder why the mandatory structures poke out of their suspension legs, and for you to not be surprised when you recieve STL files with additional bits attached to the suspension.

yinlad wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 20:37
It's launch time! I am happy to present my R01 car.

Nice and tidy! The sidepod and louvres look really cool, well done! I hope you get at least a podium this year.

CAEdevice

yinlad wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 20:37
It's launch time! I am happy to present my R01 car.
Clean and updated to the latest development trend in F1, congratulations

CAEdevice

This is the new MP011 race car, more pictures coming soon.

variante

Awesome car, yinlad.
The Front Wing is very elegant. I find it interesting that you (and others) aren't going for outwashing endplates and unloaded central flaps. Goes to show how differently our cars can respond to the same input, despite being relatively similar.
The sidepods are incredibly slender. I've never seen radiators moved so much to the back. The small vents may be an indication that you approach is working.
And, of course, great renderings.

Also full of surprises, the MP011 from CAEdevice!
I really didn't expect a 4-elements Front Wing. Massive Beam Wing and massive "cannon" radiators exhaust.
But the biggest surprise might be the sidepods, which are strategically hidden...

I'll reveal my car soon enough. No later than Monday anyway.

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 18:47
Awesome car, yinlad.
The Front Wing is very elegant. I find it interesting that you (and others) aren't going for outwashing endplates and unloaded central flaps. Goes to show how differently our cars can respond to the same input, despite being relatively similar.
The sidepods are incredibly slender. I've never seen radiators moved so much to the back. The small vents may be an indication that you approach is working.

I really didn't expect a 4-elements Front Wing. Massive Beam Wing and massive "cannon" radiators exhaust.
But the biggest surprise might be the sidepods, which are strategically hidden...

The beam wing is strictly related to the diffuser, that is the weak point of my car at the moment (same diffuser used in Interlagos, no devolopment). Sidepods are new, but more to pave the way for future ideas than for an immediate performance gain).

yinlad

variante wrote:
Awesome car, yinlad.

FWEP development is on my list of items to iterate on for in-season development, for sure. Especially with the new wheel roughness, I think there is a lot to explore around the front wheels.

Wrt to inboard loading, I've had to keep it heavily loaded + outer gurney (it's in the render but a bit hard to see) to balance the car. I do have a new front wing in progress that is stronger than this, so maybe has potential to drop some load centrally. Time will tell!

I'm excited to see more of MP011, it looks to have a very interesting sidepod inlet possibly with a mid-wing under the mirrors. The short and high nose with a very well modelled front wing that even has supports between the flaps!
The beam wing and rear brake ducts look like they'll be a much lower drag solution than mine, so I look forward to seeing how your efficiency looks overall.

Exciting times!
MVRC - Panthera

G-raph

variante wrote:
I think it is the floor leading edge and the fences that he is hiding...

CAEdevice

G-raph wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 23:27
variante wrote:
Actually the first race will be run with a "conservative" version of the car: the floor and diffuser are similar to those of the 2023 car. The "B" version will be ready for the second or third race.

P.S. please note the new color scheme :)

yinlad

CAEdevice wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 08:54
G-raph wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 23:27
variante wrote:
Actually the first race will be run with a "conservative" version of the car: the floor and diffuser are similar to those of the 2023 car. The "B" version will be ready for the second or third race.

https://www.caedevice.net/SERVER/MVRC/2 ... 06_900.jpg

P.S. please note the new color scheme :)
The whale sidepods are quite something, the resemblance is uncanny! 🐋
MVRC - Panthera

CAEdevice

yinlad wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 09:18
The whale sidepods are quite something, the resemblance is uncanny! 🐋

You caught me 8)

by the way, Ia m going to present your car on LinkedIn, is it ok?
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 0962267137

Busor
Busor

G-raph wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 22:10

To be clear, I don't think there is a major problem with morphing. I just pointed out what to do for people who might wonder why the mandatory structures poke out of their suspension legs, and for you to not be surprised when you recieve STL files with additional bits attached to the suspension.
So it will be necessary to submit the suspension covers in one part with the mandartory suspension part to be sure?
Busor

spacehead3

Busor wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 16:14
So it will be necessary to submit the suspension covers in one part with the mandartory suspension part to be sure?
I suggest we just leave that up to each person for now. Andre, thoughts?
Max Taylor

spacehead3

Very nice looking cars from cae & yinlad so far (love the sidepods)!

My car is.....unfinished. Exactly the same as last year, just with new sidepods / engine cover. Don't expect I'll be too competitive for round 1.

Max Taylor

CAEdevice

Busor wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 16:14
G-raph wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 22:10

I developed the car with sospensions + covers, I don't have time to run a simulatioon and check whats happens merging them