2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TFSA

Re: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

Cs98 wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:41
Congratulations Lander. Bit of a pity we didn't get to see him overtake Max, don't really understand the SC procedure, but probably wouldn't have affected the outcome. The Macca was rapid,
It likely did. Happy for Lando, but Safety Car picking up the wrong car is completely unacceptable. From what i understand, Lando would have been P4 or P5 if Safety Car had picked him up as it should (unless he didn't pit, but why wouldn't he). They used to do it some seasons ago as well, and it's not the first time it's completely screwed up a race.

I'm been a stern defender of the FIA in the previous Season, because i think managing a race is harder than it looks, and many people give them too hard a time sometimes. But 2024 so far has been a disaster in terms of Stewards decisions and Race Control. It's incompetence compounded upon incompetence.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Lando Nowins is no more. So happy for him. First of many I'm sure.

chrisc90

Well done Lando. Fully deserved! 1st of many id imagine!

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Piastri only has have the upgrades, up until the coming together with Sainz you have to give it to him for being so fast.

Sieper

Congrats to Lando, they had a very good car now and with a bit of luck with the SC he now has that first win. I think they can fight for more this season.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Many narratives died today. RIP :lol:

Spacepace

Trump blessed McLaren before the race. Just saying 😉

renault rs26
renault rs26

AMG.Tzan wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:45
Hamilton racing Perez for half the race on the same tires??

What in the world?? How is that possible? The only reason he didn’t get past was probably straight line speed…
DRS and low deg, happend a few times to Alonso (jeddah).

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Haven't heard that tune for a little while.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

TFSA wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:50
Cs98 wrote:
Congratulations Lander. Bit of a pity we didn't get to see him overtake Max, don't really understand the SC procedure, but probably wouldn't have affected the outcome. The Macca was rapid,
It likely did. Happy for Lando, but Safety Car picking up the wrong car is completely unacceptable. From what i understand, Lando would have been P4 or P5 if Safety Car had picked him up as it should (unless he didn't pit, but why wouldn't he). They used to do it some seasons ago as well, and it's not the first time it's completely screwed up a race.

I'm been a stern defender of the FIA in the previous Season, because i think managing a race is harder than it looks, and many people give them too hard a time sometimes. But 2024 so far has been a disaster in terms of Stewards decisions and Race Control. It's incompetence compounded upon incompetence.
The FIA used a safery car from a williams crash to influence a race for massive dramatic effect?

They'd never do that.
Last edited by GrizzleBoy on 06 May 2024, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

Magnussen collecting penalties like theyre pokemon cards

Cs98
Cs98

TFSA wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

I don't think the SC had enough time to pick up Lando, he was just about to lap when they called it. The strange and unfair decision was picking up Max and holding him up when Lando would've come out just behind him according to my timing. Without any SC Max very likely wins.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

We called it yesterday when everyone was arguing that the deg and overheating is a MCL problem. And as it turned out, it wasn’t at all. Fastest genuinely on both compounds at high and low fuel. The old mediums pace that NOR unleashed was quite astounding

TFSA

GrizzleBoy wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:01
The FIA used a safery car to influence a race for massive dramatic effect?

They'd never do that.
I know you're kinda joking, but I'm not implying corruption or race fixing. Just the FIA being the FIA 😉

"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be adequately explained by incompetence."
- Hanlon's Razor

Watto
Watto

TFSA wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

I’d like to go back through that prior to the safety car Max was around 11 seconds behind Lando then saw him dropping to 20 then 30 seconds, Was the SC with Max then? Or what was causing that drop off

Lando drove extremely well but was curious at the time