2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
erudite450
erudite450

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

The team have been roasting the drivers with how close they are running the cars to the ground. That is simply unacceptable. They are practically endangering the drivers. Rather than talk about this pressing issue, you guys are rather having a tribal war.

dans79

Luscion wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:16
Matt2725 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 12:02
So Lewis is saying he has no agency or say over his tyre choice?

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second. Hamilton has been economical with the truth previously and is likely leaving out a few crucial details as to his involvement in that process. Either that or every success he's had in the past is all down to the team and not any decision he's ever made personally. He can't have it both ways.
I think the fact that Russell is also seemingly backing what Lewis is saying here with the "when i saw that, i was thinking, lewis wont be happy." line gives it more validity. Russell could have easily called out Lewis if it wasnt the case
I'd add That Russell wasn't super happy during the race either, complaining about both understeer and oversteer. In some ways it seems like the team is generally disregarding what the drivers want, and that's only ever going to go one way.
201 105 104 9 9 7

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

erudite450 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 20:16
The team have been roasting the drivers with how close they are running the cars to the ground. That is simply unacceptable.
Mercedes must get on top of this overheating cockpit problem. The drivers will suffer in Austin and Qatar if they do not. These conditions also make a driver slower and more error prone so there is a cost.

Now I understand why Russell asked for "words of encouragement". He probably was getting sick in the car.
A lion must kill its prey.

Chuckjr

Delete.
Video already posted earlier.
Apologies.
Last edited by Chuckjr on 25 Sep 2024, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Luscion
Luscion

As expected Allison admits starting on the softs was a mistake and they shouldnt have done it and Merc are bringing a pretty big upgrade to Austin, its gonna be their last for the season.