2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 04:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 01:55
PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 05:05
Today I learned that Daniel is being used as a gauge for Yuki's development.

Remember this guys?!! :idea:

Well he has been developing Yuki.. But he hasnt been performing...

So basically Daniel has gone past his "racing usefulness" to RedBull.
Aside from being beaten in qually, Daniel has generally had better races in the 2nd quarter of the season than Yuki.
Is some cases and especially Ricciardo tracks. But Yuki usually seems the quicker of the two and the one "getting the job done." Helmet Marko would have speed down as his number one metric too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:49
djos wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 04:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 01:55

Remember this guys?!! :idea:

Well he has been developing Yuki.. But he hasnt been performing...

So basically Daniel has gone past his "racing usefulness" to RedBull.
Aside from being beaten in qually, Daniel has generally had better races in the 2nd quarter of the season than Yuki.
Is some cases and especially Ricciardo tracks. But Yuki usually seems the quicker of the two and the one "getting the job done." Helmet Marko would have speed down as his number one metric too.
If RB hadn’t screwed up their car development program, Daniel and Yuki would both have a lot more points, and it would likely be pretty even between them.

Daniel also lost valuable points in China and Japan when hit by the Stroll and Albon when trying to avoid Stroll.

Yuki has luckily only had one Stroll related DNF and wasn’t likely to get points anyway.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The higher goal was of course not to stay with Alpha Tauri/Visa Cash App RB, but to become Max Verstappen's teammate again in the short term. That mission failed and so the end now seems to be near. But is Ricciardo considering taking the same route as two years ago? Ricciardo clearly states his position to RacingNews365, among others:
"No. Look, last year it was of course logical to keep a foot in the door and the bigger picture was to return to Red Bull Racing. If I had to do that again now, I don't think that would restart my career."
"I'm 35 now and I have shown over the years that I have speed, but it has clearly become more difficult for me to show that every weekend. And maybe it's an age thing. I think it was definitely easier for me when I was about 25 than it is now at 35. And the competition is also getting bigger. I think that applies to all sports in general. The simulators are getting better, those guys are getting younger and they have access to all the onboard footage. So they can prepare themselves optimally. That raises the level and that is probably a bigger task for me to reach that level week in week out.
So I can't be disappointed about that either. I'm happy that I was able to do that once and that was a lot of fun." Ricciardo also doesn't want to stay on the sidelines: "If this is it, then I want to be sure that I can walk away or better yet, leave the sport with good memories. And then I don't want it to become a battle and that I go out in Q1 every weekend. That's obviously not fun."
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

Luscion
Luscion

Confirmed that Ricciardo leaves with immediate effect

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... sxpPrbqxX0

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Its official now, Daniel out.

Luscion
Luscion

mvfad

One interesting fact that not everyone knows about Lawson is that he never won a Feature Race in F2 in the two years he competed in the championship. Weird, isn't it?

If it weren't for that accident in Zandvoort, perhaps Ric's life in F1 would have been longer.

ispano6

https://www.visacashapprb.com/int-en/li ... nouncement
VisaCashAppRBcantodayconfirmthatLiamLawsonwillbedrivingfortheTeamfortheremainderofthe2024FIAFormulaOneWorldChampionshipseason,racingalongsideYukiTsunodaintheUnitedStatesGrandPrixattheCircuitoftheAmericas.
Liam has been a Red Bull reserve driver since 2022, making his Grand Prix debut in Zandvoort last year during Daniel’s recovery period. His impressive five-race drive saw him score points for the Team, finishing ninth in the Singapore GP.
Visa Cash App RB Team Principal, Laurent Mekies said: “Everyone here at VCARB would like to thank Daniel for his hard work across the last two seasons with us. He has brought a lot of experience and talent to the Team with a fantastic attitude, which has helped everyone to develop and foster a tight team spirit. Daniel has been a true gentleman both on and off the track and never without that smile. He will be missed, but will always hold a special place within the Red Bull family.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to welcome Liam. He already knows the Team well. He drove for us last season, and coped well under difficult circumstances, so it’ll be a natural transition. It’s great to see young talent from within the Red Bull family make the next step. We’re looking forward to getting our heads down and focusing on the rest of the season together.

Bill
Bill

mvfad wrote:
26 Sep 2024, 18:14
One interesting fact that not everyone knows about Lawson is that he never won a Feature Race in F2 in the two years he competed in the championship. Weird, isn't it?

If it weren't for that accident in Zandvoort, perhaps Ric's life in F1 would have been longer.
probably why Horner is not sold on him .they invested a lot on him so they might as well keep him

Macklaren
Macklaren

I'm surprised they axed him without giving him a TPC test against Liam to see if the Silverstone test magic was just a flash in the pan or real if he's driving a good car

djos

I'd love to know why they didnt bench Checo, and give Daniel his seat - Daniel's drives have been far better than Checo's for most of the season and Checo cost them the WCC and a lot of money in crash damage.
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

It's sad. They should have announced it earlier and given him a few races in between including Abu Dhabi. I'm sure Liam wouldn't mind.

These sorts of hasty, unfeeling decisions are usually from senior management or the board of directors. Only explanation.

I doubt Daniel was ever told that he is only contesting 2025 part of the way.

A final point I want to make is for us all to not underestimate the use of technology in formula 1. I speak of machine learning in this case. I have a hunch that Daniel's, Yuki's inputs in the car were being analaysed again at Max, and Sergio.... And Liam's. Except Liam's inputs were in the simulator. They likely saw Daniel's inluts slightly fading with age and some other issue and decided that he won't bring anymore performance. Just a cold way of doing things but he cannot be too sad. He was given a lifeline by Christian on the back of Nyck Devries.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 02:01
djos wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 12:59
A sad day, that is for sure.

Laurent said they had to pit Daniel early to clear debris from a brake duct. Still getting the medium tires to last as long as he did was a great effort.

It was nice of the team to give Daniel the chance to grab the fastest lap of the race at the end. Classy move!

It was nice of them to welcome him back into the RedBull family after he walked out on them. This is why he's not angry at them despite them not handling this situation better. He reminds of the prodigal son in the Bible.
Helmut reads f1 technical!! :)

Marko reflects on Ricciardo's 'prodigal son' failure

https://racingnews365.com/marko-reflect ... t=13807413
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Dunlay
Dunlay

It seems like it's now a race between Liam and Yuki for 2025 Red Bull seat. With Sauber having locked Bottas, they have few young drivers available to hire next year. Hadjar, Colapinto and Bartoleto. If Liam or Yuki moves to Red Bull, then one of these three would be target for VCARB.

With Oscar's rise and Ollie and Colapinto having demonstrated how ready the new breed is and with so many new drivers joining the grid next year, Red Bull is now forced to test their bench strength.