2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
26 Sep 2024, 23:47

I'd love to know why they didnt bench Checo, and give Daniel his seat - Daniel's drives have been far better than Checo's for most of the season and Checo cost them the WCC and a lot of money in crash damage.
Marko firmly believes that Ricciardo's decision to leave Red Bull for Renault at the end of 2018 "was the turning point in his career".

Speaking to Motorsport-Total, Marko said. "Then he didn't have a winning car at either Renault or McLaren. He did win at Monza [2021 Italian GP], but those were special circumstances.

"I don't know what exactly happened, because if we knew, we would have helped him. But the speed and, above all, this late braking, and then he goes left or right... in these last few years he tried but it was no longer there, the killer instinct was gone."
---------------
"He was informed, and the worthy farewell performance was, I think, the fastest lap.

"That still showed what potential he has, not continuously and not at the level that would have justified him coming to Red Bull Racing, but that was an impeccable performance.

"I think it was clearly communicated that he has to be significantly better than Yuki Tsunoda and he only managed that in a few races,
so it was clear that this story of the prodigal son rejoining Red Bull Racing unfortunately didn't work out.

"He said very well that he is at peace with himself, and he has come to terms with the situation and we will see what his plans for the future are."
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Farewell Daniel, we’ll miss your presence in F1:

"In downforce we trust"

basti313
basti313

Dunlay wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 04:24
It seems like it's now a race between Liam and Yuki for 2025 Red Bull seat. With Sauber having locked Bottas, they have few young drivers available to hire next year. Hadjar, Colapinto and Bartoleto. If Liam or Yuki moves to Red Bull, then one of these three would be target for VCARB.

With Oscar's rise and Ollie and Colapinto having demonstrated how ready the new breed is and with so many new drivers joining the grid next year, Red Bull is now forced to test their bench strength.
I absolutely agree with the last sentence.
But I am not sure if it is only Yuki vs. Liam. I think the Yuki case is closed...so either Liam excels and has a real chance to replace Perez, maybe mid season...or RedBull will hunt a top driver from other teams.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

Very nice from Yuki to post the 4th photo. The others are also nice, the 5th photo :D .

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 13:25
Very nice from Yuki to post the 4th photo. The others are also nice, the 5th photo :D .

Classy! =D>
"In downforce we trust"

Bill
Bill

basti313 wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 13:04
Dunlay wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 04:24
It seems like it's now a race between Liam and Yuki for 2025 Red Bull seat. With Sauber having locked Bottas, they have few young drivers available to hire next year. Hadjar, Colapinto and Bartoleto. If Liam or Yuki moves to Red Bull, then one of these three would be target for VCARB.

With Oscar's rise and Ollie and Colapinto having demonstrated how ready the new breed is and with so many new drivers joining the grid next year, Red Bull is now forced to test their bench strength.
I absolutely agree with the last sentence.
But I am not sure if it is only Yuki vs. Liam. I think the Yuki case is closed...so either Liam excels and has a real chance to replace Perez, maybe mid season...or RedBull will hunt a top driver from other teams.
redbull does not want a quick driver next to Max the whole thing is a farce .we have to pretend like no one qualify for that seat .yuki has warrant enough to legitimately earn that seat.yuki can be fast as max in his tracks the kind of tracks with 90 degree turns that suit his style.redbull are looking for a subservient no 2 and they have that in perez and his money.liam is being put in car because that what his contract demand ,decisions that were made long time ago .ric was never part of long term. He was tasked with assessing yuki who got his contract for 2025.if yuki not in their plans they would have let him go to sauber , so the real question is what longterm plan do redbull have for yuki.