Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Renault R30

mith wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:First marussia. Now Lada. And is it just me or does that R30 in the photo have a tighter ass than the real one in the testing
I think it's photoshopped R29.
Oh yeah. Just noticed the W-wing was missing.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

That's not a photoshop nor an R29. That's a poorly 3D modeled R30.

mith

Blackout wrote:That's not a photoshop nor an R29. That's a poorly 3D modeled R30.
It may be. But what for did they modeled whole car if they could add Lada logo on presentation photos almost effortlessly?

Blackout

This 3D R30 is not new. We saw it even before new car's presentation. :wink:

mith

Blackout wrote:This 3D R30 is not new. We saw it even before new car's presentation. :wink:
You mean the pictures that was released during the new livery presentation? I thought that was also photoshopped R29... Never mind... Still I don't think that photo above is revealing anything interesting either being pure 3D model or photoshopped older car.

I've read two interviews today. First with Boullier and the latter with Kubica. They didn't reveal anything new about upcoming race and aero pack for Bahrain. The only interesting thing was that they're planning minor aero update for the 5th race and major update for the 8th race. Boullier stated also that he think they're not far behind after the top 4.

bar555
bar555

DIFFUSER ANALYSIS

The R30 double deck diffuser is marked by its large central section ( which leaves a much less than usual side section space ) and its even larger second deck . Here is the diffuser’s details analysis :

1.Large central section
2.Half oval shaped hole which provides access to the engine starter motor
3.Second deck which is even larger
4.The drive shafts ( in bronze color ) penetrate the second deck’s side walls to reach the rear wheels
5.The lower diffuser structure’s stiffness is increased with the help of additional holding elements
6.Horizontal section
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Jersey Tom wrote:
Blackout wrote:Maybe, maybe not.

Looks like LF could stand to have some more camber. Maybe my eyes deceive me.
Are asymmetrical camber settings on a single axle ever used? Not that it applies to this specific case with the R30 but I'm just wondering, although I think every case I've ever known about has symmetric settings left to right.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

mx_tifosi wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:
Blackout wrote:Maybe, maybe not.

Looks like LF could stand to have some more camber. Maybe my eyes deceive me.
Are asymmetrical camber settings on a single axle ever used? Not that it applies to this specific case with the R30 but I'm just wondering, although I think every case I've ever known about has symmetric settings left to right.
Possibly at Indy due to the banking, but I'd imagine it would only be a slight difference.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

i dont see why not, Senna used to run different tyre compounds.

marcush.
marcush.

I do not see a reason why you should have a symmetric setup.This is definitely not set in stone.
You will chosse the setup that is giving the best lap time and if it ends up having
no symmetry at all why not?
You may start development with a symmetrical approach ,just to not confuse yourself and the driver though as assymetries are really hard to understand for the driver

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

marcush. wrote:I do not see a reason why you should have a symmetric setup.This is definitely not set in stone.
You will chosse the setup that is giving the best lap time and if it ends up having
You may start development with a symmetrical approach ,just to not confuse yourself and the driver though as assymetries are really hard to understand for the driver
Well you want the best lap time, but you also want even tyre wear and a consistant balance through-out a stint - for the race anyway.

marcush.
marcush.

Diesel wrote:
marcush. wrote:I do not see a reason why you should have a symmetric setup.This is definitely not set in stone.
Well you want the best lap time, but you also want even tyre wear and a consistant balance through-out a stint - for the race anyway.
Exactly !
and as corners are not the same so there a re left ,right ,flat ,domed ,angled ,big radius small radius dropaways...you name it.No symmetry ,only if you drive on a track in the design of a figure of 8 ...that would of course need a symmetrical layout.all others you will find not strain the tyres equally left right... the real extreme being an oval ,where you would have positive camber for optimum contact patch on the inside wheels.

madly
madly

Look at this photo found on official Renault F1 Team page.

Packing process before departure to Bahrain...

Oups, what we can see there? Is it a new aero package front wing partially visible? It looks different than wing used before 2 versions at Valencia/Jarez and Barcelona.

wesley123
wesley123

that is the front wing they used on the R29
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Carlo's
Carlo's