New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Websta

Re: New Videos

I would assume that it has to do with how damage to the rear wing occurs - any accident will typically also involve destruction of the rear suspension, gear box and crash structure which would result in retirement anyway. Compromising the design of a heavily regulated area of the car to allow for easy replacement of a damaged rear wing wouldn't be worth it considering how infrequent accidents in which only the rear wing is damaged are.

bhall
bhall

I think it could be done, but it would likely only be feasible for cars whose rear wings are mounted on central pylons with no other connection to the chassis. That said, I do agree that it's probably not worth it, because rear wing damage rarely occurs in isolation.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2012

The show "How It's Made" shows how Ferrari Brembo brake discs are made.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrhVHA-3ZBU[/youtube]

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I loved this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8p9IblVsh0[/youtube]

Keke spins on the straight and just barely loses a position! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHi8JUBMG8[/youtube]
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Morteza

Sebastian Vettel on Late Show with David Letterman :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsc_62uNcKI[/youtube]
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Websta

Glad he went on Letterman and not Leno, and that he didn't go as a business card for Red Bull. He's a great ambassador of the sport as well

bhall
bhall

And the band played "One." Nice.

raymondu999

Seb is an absolute class act at these media sessions. I thought it was bad form from Letterman to keep talking over Seb though. And come on - you have a double world champion - who won his first title in statistically the most contested title in the history of F1 (5 contenders all the way through, 4 at the last race) and dominated another - but what you asked him for was a bloody wikipedia question? KERS/DRS? Come on!

interesting that Seb says 60hp though...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

You have to remember that the vast majority of Letterman's audience doesn't have a clue about Formula One. I thought his interview was fine.

raymondu999

No but what I mean is - at most why not ask about something more fundamental? eg. How F1 cars are such complex prototype machines, how they have so much downforce and corner so quick, etc. - the stuff that is and always has been in F1. DRS/KERS are arguably things that aren't "built-in" or "inherent" to the car - they were added in. I hope I'm making myself clear with what I'm saying...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

I get what you're saying. But, love 'em or hate 'em, KERS and DRS are unique to F1 and probably make the sport seem "exotic" to the uninitiated.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

I felt they got too technical. Extended audience silence is never a good sign here - it's not a lecture.

I thought Seb did fine. It is rare for athletes to excel in these situations. They're usually not well-spoken, confident, funny or at ease enough. Perhaps Letterman tried a little hard to steer Vettel through the whole thing.

FrukostScones

raymondu999 wrote:Seb is an absolute class act at these media sessions. I thought it was bad form from Letterman to keep talking over Seb though. And come on - you have a double world champion - who won his first title in statistically the most contested title in the history of F1 (5 contenders all the way through, 4 at the last race) and dominated another - but what you asked him for was a bloody wikipedia question? KERS/DRS? Come on!

interesting that Seb says 60hp though...
he didn't want to confuse the people with kilowatt (and the 60 was already in his mouth I guess)...

thanks for the vid
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

strad

Perhaps Letterman tried a little hard to steer Vettel through the whole thing.
They have a rehearsal, I think the interview veered from that script and Letterman tried to get it back is all. Went fine I thought.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Mr Alcatraz

Hysterical :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand