2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SiLo

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Just_a_fan wrote:Red flag to give Ferrari time... :wink: :lol:

Seriously, Charlie probably in "it's raining what do I do? What do I do?!" mode :?
Why do you think it's red? :lol:
Felipe Baby!

beelsebob
beelsebob

bhallg2k wrote:See? :lol:
lol

el-Magico
el-Magico

beelsebob wrote:Dear god, the incident didn't even have a Mr Hamilton anywhere near it, and you guys are still laying in him?

Grow up already.
We are putting things in perspective.. :wink:
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

bhall
bhall

How drivers handle that prodigious torque in the rain is beyond me...

beelsebob
beelsebob

bhallg2k wrote:How drivers handle that prodigious torque in the rain is beyond me...
Indeed, stunning display of skill going on out there.

bhall
bhall

I was actually making a dumbass torque/power-band joke. Too dry, though.

Waywardism
Waywardism

beelsebob wrote:
Waywardism wrote:I say it doesn't matter one bit what the session is or the conditions, you turn in on someone like that it's your fault.
The point is that Alonso probably turned in on nothing from his perspective. There's absolutely 0 reason to believe Alonso had any idea what so ever that there was a car there, or even that he could have had any idea
Well obviously he didn't know, for whatever reason. It's a bit farcical to suggest he couldn't possibly know though, he's raced wheel to wheel in the wet enough times. He clearly wasn't expecting anything like that and wasn't looking for it, I don't think that absolves him one bit.

Chene

Seb worth 0.7 + sec in the wet, he managed to cut the 1.0 + Merc advantage down to 0.35 :wink:
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

beelsebob wrote:
Waywardism wrote:I say it doesn't matter one bit what the session is or the conditions, you turn in on someone like that it's your fault.
The point is that Alonso probably turned in on nothing from his perspective. There's absolutely 0 reason to believe Alonso had any idea what so ever that there was a car there, or even that he could have had any idea
Heaven forbid he use his mirrors eh?

Just for the record Damon Hill on Sky firmly in the Alonso's fault camp.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Chene wrote:Seb worth 0.7 + sec in the wet, he managed to cut the 1.0 + Merc advantage down to 0.35 :wink:
Careful. Mentioned of the S word around these parts is very dangerous.

gray41

So…

1. Merc
2. RedBull
3. Merc
4. RedBull
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Vanja #66

Jonnycraig wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

Yeah, 'cause Damon was in that seat and could see through all that rain...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Miguel
Miguel

Jonnycraig wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

That's only because he lost a WDC by divebombing into a car with a broken suspension, instead of passing him next corner.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

bhall
bhall

Chene wrote:Seb worth 0.7 + sec in the wet, he managed to cut the 1.0 + Merc advantage down to 0.35 :wink:
To be fair, a car down on power, but with high downforce is pretty handy in the rain.

Moanlower

I think most of it has to do with Redbull's superior mechanical grip and torque maps perhaps :?:
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.