2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nikosar
Nikosar

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 16:41
Stroll started on Hards and changed tires 1 lap after Alonso .... I don't get that ... Switching to mediums with more than 30 laps left is crazy. He has to get more out of the hards. Of the cars that started on Hards, he was the first to pit. His car balance must have been terrible.

Even though he did all those laps on the Mediums, his pace wasn't that bad.
The Hard compound was bad for the people who started their first stint with. The medium tyre compound was the best tyre. Gasly Piastri Leclecr survived 36+ laps.

I think the hope was to pit to help Alonso and then hope for a safety car… sadly there was nothing else to do for him as he was out of reach for P10

diffuser

GoranF1 wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 17:45
Sherrinford wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 19:11
This will be my last message in this thread, because I see many bipolar people who first criticized Alonso and now praise him. So personally, I don't I want to discuss more with them. I'm sorry because there are people who even understands F1, but most of them change sides overnight.
Alonso is larger than F1 itself. In yesterday's Verstapen car Alonso wins.
Only driver that goes in same sentence whit Alonso is Lewis.
As much as I love Alonso...that's a baseless claim that can't be tested. So why say it ?

Otromundo

GoranF1 wrote:
Sherrinford wrote:
This will be my last message in this thread, because I see many bipolar people who first criticized Alonso and now praise him. So personally, I don't I want to discuss more with them. I'm sorry because there are people who even understands F1, but most of them change sides overnight.
At least for me, Max is the driver most similar to Fernando. They both have a great fondness for diplomacy and never growl; they do not know how to hide their anger; they extract every last drop from their cars as they have a certain propensity to overdrive or whatever needs to be done when their car doesn't keep up with them... and they don't like losing even when playing marbles.

In fact, I would really like him as a teammate for Alonso. With a good car, of course. Sería tremendo (I'm sorry, but this sounds better in Spanish).
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Otromundo wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 22:44
GoranF1 wrote:
Sherrinford wrote:
At least for me, Max is the driver most similar to Fernando. They both have a great fondness for diplomacy and never growl; they do not know how to hide their anger; they extract every last drop from their cars as they have a certain propensity to overdrive or whatever needs to be done when their car doesn't keep up with them... and they don't like losing even when playing marbles.

In fact, I would really like him as a teammate for Alonso. With a good car, of course. Sería tremendo (I'm sorry, but this sounds better in Spanish).
nope. I don't agree... Alonso is different character compared to Max. Alonso knows what and when to speak and he knows how to handle pressure...

We yet to see his really skill with moderate car... and he need to driver out of his comfort zone(out side of RB). then we will see how capable of driving dump car...

RB produced drivers... none of them shined out side of RB... All failed.... Vettel,Ric,Albon, Gassly.. the list go on.....
I think Max will soon on the list....

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

^^We're straying far too close to the maelstrom of driver yin-yang

Let's sidle back onto a topic that doesn't generate more heat than light..
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

“I was behind the top four teams and ahead of Perez. Usually, ninth and tenth are the only spots available to us, so finishing eighth is better than we could have dreamed of,” he added. “These are good points, but we were still lapped, and the car was difficult to drive all weekend. I think we need to raise our game now. We have some new parts coming in the next races, and we hope they will help us perform better.” – the Aston Martin driver concluded at the end of the Singapore Grand Prix.
https://scuderiafans.com/fernando-alons ... singapore/
A lion must kill its prey.

Otromundo

selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 10:07
Otromundo wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

nope. I don't agree... Alonso is different character compared to Max. Alonso knows what and when to speak and he knows how to handle pressure...

We yet to see his really skill with moderate car... and he need to driver out of his comfort zone(out side of RB). then we will see how capable of driving dump car...

RB produced drivers... none of them shined out side of RB... All failed.... Vettel,Ric,Albon, Gassly.. the list go on.....
Hmmm... You made me think with your answer. And, yes, you are right too.

Fernando is a little more cunning, also perhaps because of his experience. And he sometimes tends to focus his criticism from humor, even if it is black humor. It is also true that we have never seen Max in a mediocre car and on the other hand we have seen Fernando several times achieve wonders in that situation: he does not know the concept of "surrender", he does not know what it is.

Indeed, it would be necessary to see if Max would lose his temper, explode and give up... or not. I think he would also fight with the car. What I don't know is how long he would do it...

But they have many other things in common. And I always remember Verstappen in Monaco 2015 when he "took advantage" of Vettel to move up positions. It caught my attention a lot. In 2018 he also gave a good performance of overtaking precisely there as well. Right now when the RBs seem not to be so superior... there is Max climbing the walls if necessary. Because of these details they seem so similar to me.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

604gtir
604gtir

Otromundo wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 20:22
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Otromundo wrote:

Hmmm... You made me think with your answer. And, yes, you are right too.

Fernando is a little more cunning, also perhaps because of his experience. And he sometimes tends to focus his criticism from humor, even if it is black humor. It is also true that we have never seen Max in a mediocre car and on the other hand we have seen Fernando several times achieve wonders in that situation: he does not know the concept of "surrender", he does not know what it is.

Indeed, it would be necessary to see if Max would lose his temper, explode and give up... or not. I think he would also fight with the car. What I don't know is how long he would do it...

But they have many other things in common. And I always remember Verstappen in Monaco 2015 when he "took advantage" of Vettel to move up positions. It caught my attention a lot. In 2018 he also gave a good performance of overtaking precisely there as well. Right now when the RBs seem not to be so superior... there is Max climbing the walls if necessary. Because of these details they seem so similar to me.
Max spent 1.5 years in a Toro Rosso, then 2.5 years in a RB with a renault motor, then 1 year in note quite competitive honda engine at the onset. He's done in his time in a non competitive car.

I like both drivers, both are my 2 favorite and would love for them to be teammates on a WEC team, but maybe not an f1 team.

ispano6

selvam_e2002 wrote:
Otromundo wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

Even Senna couldn't win a championship at more than one team... Look at Lewis and Valteri now. You don't win 4-8 consecutive championships with one driver, it usually takes two drivers and a great team and a lot of funding and usually a technological advantage from a loophole.

There isn't a person with more championships at different teams than Newey. By this measure Max should join Aston Martin. The door is open for him. The team, on paper, should have their ducks aligned by the time Max is ready to join, but it may be crucial to involve him as early as possible. Max should have his seat fitted for "Leman Valkyrie purposes" and already be factored into the car dimensions given his height.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Jefferson Slack (managing director, commercial and marketing) on the James Allen podcast:
“We have to be fighting for race wins and world championships, and we’re going to be doing that,” Slack told the James Allen on F1 Podcast. “It’s going to be ‘26 and we’ve got all the tools in place to do that.

“Look, when you build a team from 300 people to 1000 people, it’s a process. This is a five, six, seven-year process. We’re going against the best-organised teams with huge histories – they're really, really good at what they do.

“This is not an easy task, but that is our goal and I firmly believe we have the pieces in place.

“Adrian is certainly a big part of that for ‘26, to be certainly fighting for wins and, I think, then in ‘27 fighting for world championships.”

Asked the difference that having someone of Newey’s pedigree join Aston Martin will make, Slack added: “It makes a huge difference, it bodes [well] for the story that we are the team of the future.

“He's won 25 world championships. He's won at Williams, he's won at McLaren, he's won at Red Bull and he's going to win with us.

“That's a great piece of confidence to have when you go and talk to people and again about the story of our team. There's Adrian, but there's also a new facility, a new campus, new wind tunnel, Honda works deal for ‘26.

“He's been the best ever in interpreting new rules. In ‘26, it is the biggest regulation change in the history of Formula 1, so having him on our side is a great vote of confidence about where the team is going.”
www.autosport.com

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

if Honda delivering bad engine I think Adrian cannot do much.... Alonso and Honda combination never works....

Nikosar
Nikosar

selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Sep 2024, 14:54
if Honda delivering bad engine I think Adrian cannot do much.... Alonso and Honda combination never works....
At Alpine, Alonso had the worst engine and Alpine still has a PU with a performance deficit. So as long as Honda does not have a significant deficit they will be able to produce a car that can fight for wins.

and BTW Horner said, “The driver (Hamilton) that’s created all the movement in the market had all the information about the engines and 2026 regulations and so on and chose to leave and left a vacancy at Mercedes"

We know as well by Toto that Alonso as well turned down Mercedes. So even if we still do not know nothing about the engines, seems that inside the paddock they know something.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Nikosar wrote:
25 Sep 2024, 18:07
selvam_e2002 wrote:
At Alpine, Alonso had the worst engine and Alpine still has a PU with a performance deficit. So as long as Honda does not have a significant deficit they will be able to produce a car that can fight for wins.

and BTW Horner said, “The driver (Hamilton) that’s created all the movement in the market had all the information about the engines and 2026 regulations and so on and chose to leave and left a vacancy at Mercedes"

We know as well by Toto that Alonso as well turned down Mercedes. So even if we still do not know nothing about the engines, seems that inside the paddock they know something.
ALO only got a 1+1 offer from Mercedes, he doesn't want to be a placeholder for someone else. The reason why he switched to AMR and also the reason why he didn't join Mercedes...

Furthermore we are starting an engine formula. With a bad engine in 2026 you are finished. Although there are pretty much voices who believe that Honda will deliver a good PU. Like James Allen from the podcast above.
Last edited by -wkst- on 25 Sep 2024, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

That’s just Horner throwing words in the air. Lewis left Mercedes for reasons which are quite obvious when you see what they have been doing since 2022.

Based on experience, expertise and the general trends the last couple of years, the “normal” power unit order for 2026 should be something like this:

1 - Ferrari >= Mercedes
2 - Honda
3 - RBPT >= Renault

ispano6

Nikosar wrote:
25 Sep 2024, 18:07
selvam_e2002 wrote:

It's also on Valvoline to work with Honda to develop toward the optimal 100% CNF formula. With different fuel and lubricants suppliers in the mix, it is as much a biochemical race as it is a mechanical one.