2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

2nd and 3rd on the grid, Max having issues. It should have been a win and double podium. Ferrari’s strategy team is just so avg they never force the issue, never gain from SC etc.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 07:28
codetower wrote:
06 May 2024, 02:37
5 second penalty for Sainz. Incredibly ridiculous.
Fantastic, Piastri pushes Sainz - no penalty. Piastri hits Sainz' tyre himself - penalty Sainz. Nothing less to expect when it comes to how Ferrari is treated! This has to be protested

On another note, Vasseur makes it sound as a joke, but still implies SC was intentionally put ahead of Max and not the race leader:

We were a bit unlucky with the Safety Car, but that’s how it goes. The Safety Car is so used to seeing Max ahead that it came out in front of him. But that’s how it is.
Vanja, I saw that video... He was clearly joking and laughing about it. His tonality comes off different in text.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

venkyhere
venkyhere

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
06 May 2024, 07:34
2nd and 3rd on the grid, Max having issues. It should have been a win and double podium.
Yes, this is the right expectation. Their estimate of how H would behave was wrong (same for Redbull)
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
06 May 2024, 07:34
Ferrari’s strategy team is just so avg they never force the issue, never gain from SC etc.
This is a ridiculous claim. This race there was nothing that strategy could be blamed for. Norris lucked out. And he had the pace. LeClerc couldn't challenge Max because they were both suffering the same problem with H and had almost exact same pace on H, Norris was 0.4s faster per lap on H.

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

Great pace for Norris, but this is a track where tyre deg is way less than usual: let’s wait and see how they will perform in Imola (also because of the issues they had on softs in quali).
Leclerc did a great job in the last stint, let’s not forget he had pushed before sc to stay in front of Piastri.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
06 May 2024, 03:38
JPower wrote:
06 May 2024, 03:34
Pace was good contrary to what was said earlier in this thread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM2Q5CmXwAA ... me=900x900
This is quite deceptive in the case of Norris. He had 3 tenths or more on everyone. In the beginning of the race he was stuck behind Perez who was the slowest of the top cars. In the middle, he showed his pace. In the end, his fresher hards did not make a big difference. Verstappen did 40+ laps on hards here last year. In the final stint, Norris wasn't even pushing anymore. He had over 7 seconds margin to the next car.
While it’s true that Norris was clearly quicker Verstappen was instructed by Lambiase to do significant tyre saving in high speed corner in the second part of the last stint. Him and especially Leclerc were at a disadvantage. I’d argue that the mediums would have lasted over lap 30 so they pitted way, way too early.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

what a joke of penalty
again the freaking bias in favour of british and commonwealth drivers.
the bias against spaniards is amazing, unfair penalties that make those drivers lost a lot of points and even titles like that ridiculous penalti to Alonso in silverstone 2010.

i hate the. FIA

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Alonsismo wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:12
what a joke of penalty
the bias against spaniards is amazing, unfair penalties that make those drivers lost a lot of points and even titles like that ridiculous penalti to Alonso in silverstone 2010.

i hate the. FIA
Take it easy... Not long ago FIA was called Ferrari International Assistance.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Vanja #66

Silent Storm wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:18
Yet no one could explain how exactly FIA assissted Ferrari. I guess making rule changes targeting their solutions helped them
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

SharkY
SharkY

Alonsismo wrote:
what a joke of penalty

i hate the. FIA
Oh, come on! Carlos lost control of the rear and slid under braking. In most cases when the driver loses control and there's a contact, they apply a penalty. I immediately expected it. I'm just happy they halved the penalty, as the collision was just slight.

I haven't listened to Carlos's radio yet, but I hoped that Ricky would cool his head better. I feel like his fuming cost him a clean overtake.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:21
Silent Storm wrote:
Yet no one could explain how exactly FIA assissted Ferrari. I guess making rule changes targeting their solutions helped them
Just going by what Adrian Newey said in his book...
In reality, however, Ferrari heard of our plans and complained.
Ferrari complaining was to become a recurring theme over the ensuing
years. If Ferrari didn’t like something (usually because they couldn’t get it to work for themselves), they complained to the FIA. Whether or not they were assured of a sympathetic ear is up for debate. I’m sure Max and Bernie would strenuously deny Ferrari were ever showed favouritism. Suffice to say, however, that it was around this time that those in the pit lane began to refer to the FIA as Ferrari International Aid. (It was years later, in 2015, that it emerged that Ferrari did indeed have a secret contract with the FIA that allowed them to veto any regulation changes – galling confirmation of a ‘special relationship’ that we always suspected but until then had never had confirmed.)

Xyz22
Xyz22

Silent Storm wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:34
Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:21
Silent Storm wrote:
In reality, however, Ferrari heard of our plans and complained.
Ferrari complaining was to become a recurring theme over the ensuing
years. If Ferrari didn’t like something (usually because they couldn’t get it to work for themselves), they complained to the FIA. Whether or not they were assured of a sympathetic ear is up for debate. I’m sure Max and Bernie would strenuously deny Ferrari were ever showed favouritism. Suffice to say, however, that it was around this time that those in the pit lane began to refer to the FIA as Ferrari International Aid. (It was years later, in 2015, that it emerged that Ferrari did indeed have a secret contract with the FIA that allowed them to veto any regulation changes – galling confirmation of a ‘special relationship’ that we always suspected but until then had never had confirmed.)
Ferrari has never vetoed anything outside a rule change related to selling PUs / Gearbox to the customers (specifically they didn't want a max price decided by the FIA).
99% of changes made since 2006 have usually went against Ferrari.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Silent Storm wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
what a joke of penalty

i hate the. FIA
yeah that was a reality in 2006, specially in Monza with that invented penalty to Alonso
but the FIA never had in favour of ferrari the bias that has in favour of british drivers, specially Hamilton, the most favoured driver ever by the FIA (he even overtook the freaking Safety Car :shock: :shock: )

michl420
michl420

I am a mclaren fan and think that penalty for Sainz is totaly wrong. In this race where maybe 10 harder fights without a penalty.

Vanja #66

SharkY wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:23
Oh, come on! Carlos lost control of the rear and slid under braking. In most cases when the driver loses control and there's a contact, they apply a penalty. I immediately expected it. I'm just happy they halved the penalty, as the collision was just slight.

I haven't listened to Carlos's radio yet, but I hoped that Ricky would cool his head better. I feel like his fuming cost him a clean overtake.
Sainz was late on brakes and had a tiny slide, being on the dirty part of the track. None of that changes the fact Piastri turned into him while Sainz was already ahead and made contact by himself. Even if there was no slide, Piastri would have hit Sainz since he never considered correcting his path. Sham penalty

Silent Storm wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:34
Right, the side that gets beaten 5 years in a row is always objective :) I'm happy to continue with this topic if you do, start a dedicated topic since here it's off topic. As for veto, it was informal and was granted on the basis of Ferrari using V12 in 80s when FIA wanted to mandated V10 that British teams were using (Ford Cosworth, I think). It only became a formal veto right in 2005 - when rules were already changed to prevent Ferrari running races as 3-4 stints of qualifying laps.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

avantman
avantman

michl420 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:29
I am a mclaren fan and think that penalty for Sainz is totaly wrong. In this race where maybe 10 harder fights without a penalty.
yes, it was Piaastri who should've gotten the penalty for hitting Sainz from the rear. Carlos could've easily gotten rear puncture because of that. Ok, racing incident at worst. What a poor stewarding. Not a fan of either of these drivers or team, neutral in that regard.