2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 12:12

Repeating false info and nauseam will never make it true mate.

Sainz has always been a true team player, accepting TOs in every team he's been, even in STR at Max rookie season. Marko is just a moron who can't say a single sensible word

But when the team fails miserably on their strategy decision, he's smart enough to say it. Even Ferrari has repeated Sainz is a team player and in the only 2 occasions when he did not follow TOs, he was right and the team finally did agree with his decisions, as in both situations Ferrari scored more points thanks to Sainz
The correct takes.

Renault, McLaren, and Ferrari have left Sainz to make strategy calls repeatedly especially in inclement weather). Why? Because he's actually good at it. That's a skill he has. He'll probably do it again at some point this season.

For some people to act like its some affront to their sensibilities is hilarious but unsurprising. :lol:

No matter, Ferrari is happy with him and those who don't like it will have to deal with it for another two seasons.

I still think Ferrari has a top 2 pairing on the grid and hopefully the second half of this season will bare that out. Let's hope for the best. They are still in the fight.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

JPower wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 16:49
Andres125sx wrote:

Sainz has always been a true team player, accepting TOs in every team he's been, even in STR at Max rookie season. Marko is just a moron who can't say a single sensible word

But when the team fails miserably on their strategy decision, he's smart enough to say it. Even Ferrari has repeated Sainz is a team player and in the only 2 occasions when he did not follow TOs, he was right and the team finally did agree with his decisions, as in both situations Ferrari scored more points thanks to Sainz
The correct takes.

Renault, McLaren, and Ferrari have left Sainz to make strategy calls repeatedly especially in inclement weather(the guys at Renault called him the "shepherd" :lol:). Why? Because he's actually good at it. That's a skill he has. He'll do it again at some point this season.

For some people to act like its some affront to their sensibilities is hilarious but unsurprising.

No matter, Ferrari is happy with him and those who don't like it will have to deal with it for another two seasons.

I still think Ferrari has a top 2 pairing on the grid and hopefully the second half of this season will bare that out.
i seriously laugh at it when Team - Sainz tries to portray him as some real clever , intelligent thinker with a lot of inside of F1 car.. a sort of " El profesor " based on what ?

lets check with Silverstone Gp example.

lap 37 SC is deployed , Charles is leading by 9s ...a simple and straight forward strategy would have been bringing the leader in and so on. Ferrari who often gets criticized for being lame with strategy this time tried to think out of the box. for them, they couldn't pit both , had they did the needful they feared sainz would have dropped even behind 4th with much older tyres so to.. overcome this they came up with a unconventional (stupid ) plan. why not pit sainz and then ask him to hold up the pack ... least for 2-3 laps by then leclerc would bring his tyres in working range and would also have some gap...least on paper they saw a 1-2. also in this they were prioritizing none. leclerc was 1st before SC would end up 1st , Sainz who had alredy given up on the win and lead was 2nd . they would finish similarly so even though sainz was asked to execute a certain task...its not like he was 1st and was asked to give it away.

so ..they rolled the dice , asked leclerc to stay out sainz was put on fresh tyres.......in all this madness i dont see any effort or call or decision made by Sainz. only thing he did is... he was stupidly and unexpectedly got put into a advantagious position and he ran away with it.

also about the strategy though i was mad as hell seeing what unfolded.....when the dust settled i actually thought though the idea was stupid it was not something undoable. Ferrari had a speed advantage over the rest of the field ( except perez ) and we could see how much effort lewis had to make to beat leclerc with massive tyre advantage imagine Sainz on fresh tyres in same situation ...had he went away with the strategy he would still have had chance to overtake Leclerc in may be last 2 laps , and also providing him some gap and DRS to pull along. in multiple outcomes 2 Ferrari and 1 RB could have finished in any order . there was no chance that lewis would overtake sainz that easily and then also hunt down Charles.

anyways thats the benefit of hindsight , but still i can verywell conclude ...that in all this mess...i don't see any input from sainz other than trying to run away with it leaving Charles on his on.

im not trying to say Sainz is that bad ...he is good enough if not the best but this Narrative that he is something spl interms of strategy etc is all BS.

JPower
JPower

Anyone care to tell me what the reply was about? I have a few driver stans on ignore.

RTruth41
RTruth41

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 17:38
JPower wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 16:49
Andres125sx wrote:

The correct takes.

Renault, McLaren, and Ferrari have left Sainz to make strategy calls repeatedly especially in inclement weather(the guys at Renault called him the "shepherd" :lol:). Why? Because he's actually good at it. That's a skill he has. He'll do it again at some point this season.

For some people to act like its some affront to their sensibilities is hilarious but unsurprising.

I still think Ferrari has a top 2 pairing on the grid and hopefully the second half of this season will bare that out.
i seriously laugh at it when Team - Sainz tries to portray him as some real clever , intelligent thinker with a lot of inside of F1 car.. a sort of " El profesor " based on what ?

lets check with Silverstone Gp example.

lap 37 SC is deployed , Charles is leading by 9s ...a simple and straight forward strategy would have been bringing the leader in and so on. Ferrari who often gets criticized for being lame with strategy this time tried to think out of the box. for them, they couldn't pit both , had they did the needful they feared sainz would have dropped even behind 4th with much older tyres so to.. overcome this they came up with a unconventional (stupid ) plan. why not pit sainz and then ask him to hold up the pack ... least for 2-3 laps by then leclerc would bring his tyres in working range and would also have some gap...least on paper they saw a 1-2. also in this they were prioritizing none. leclerc was 1st before SC would end up 1st , Sainz who had alredy given up on the win and lead was 2nd . they would finish similarly so even though sainz was asked to execute a certain task...its not like he was 1st and was asked to give it away.

so ..they rolled the dice , asked leclerc to stay out sainz was put on fresh tyres.......in all this madness i dont see any effort or call or decision made by Sainz. only thing he did is... he was stupidly and unexpectedly got put into a advantagious position and he ran away with it.

also about the strategy though i was mad as hell seeing what unfolded.....when the dust settled i actually thought though the idea was stupid it was not something undoable. Ferrari had a speed advantage over the rest of the field ( except perez ) and we could see how much effort lewis had to make to beat leclerc with massive tyre advantage imagine Sainz on fresh tyres in same situation ...had he went away with the strategy he would still have had chance to overtake Leclerc in may be last 2 laps , and also providing him some gap and DRS to pull along. in multiple outcomes 2 Ferrari and 1 RB could have finished in any order . there was no chance that lewis would overtake sainz that easily and then also hunt down Charles.

anyways thats the benefit of hindsight , but still i can verywell conclude ...that in all this mess...i don't see any input from sainz other than trying to run away with it leaving Charles on his on.

im not trying to say Sainz is that bad ...he is good enough if not the best but this Narrative that he is something spl interms of strategy etc is all BS.
certainly Sainz being a strategic masterclass is a bit of exaggeration.

Though he is not that bad as much some of you make him look like.

PlatinumZealot

Half season. Time to put all the weight behind Leclerc.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

TechAddict
TechAddict

Agree. If they want to Challenge Max.

Sevach
Sevach

TechAddict wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 21:30
With this reliability it's gonna be tough.
Even in a weekend like this, where Ferrari was unequivocally quicker, Charles only took 5 points from Max.

JPower
JPower

Sevach wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 22:06
TechAddict wrote:
Even in a weekend like this, where Ferrari was unequivocally quicker, Charles only took 5 points from Max.
Agreed. RB, like last year, looks like they won't have to resort to taking extra PUs unless they experience a dramatic crash/failure. That's a big advantage.

Ferrari is in a very similar position to 2021 Mercedes except that they just experienced rapid degradation instead of catastrophic failure. :D

Vanja #66

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 09:52
agree most of that....but i simply cant understand why Sainz side of pit ( including his fans ) demand a equal footing when its clear as day light that he is not at Leclerc's level. To advocate equality for two drivers who are not on equal footing sply in a sports like F1 is ...beyond madness but then the fanboi in them doesnt give a damn.

Add to that the hypocrisy....they ridiculed and defebded sainz for refusing the 10 car length strategy .... claiming why should sainz do it , but are perfectly fine with Ferrari blunder of pitting Sainz on fresh tyres and leaving the race leader on old rubber.
Both Sainz and his wall crew have every right to fight for his best result. The thing is - team wall needs to take care of the team's best result and both drivers need to respect that. Its simple hierarchy and just like in any army - no hierarchy, no victory.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

wowgr8
wowgr8

From 2020 to 2021 Ferrari had to find a load of Horsepower and they did, and yet the 2021 engine was VERY reliable, I don't remember a single failure not even in practice. They found a lot of HP from last year to this one and now the engine is suddenly totally unreliable, whats with that? Even weirder is that the ERS has reliability issues when it was perfectly fine in the second part of last year. It's so odd.
Last edited by wowgr8 on 12 Jul 2022, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

wowgr8 wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 23:57
From 2020 to 2021 Ferrari had to find a load of Horsepower and they did, and yet the 2021 engine was VERY reliable, I don't remember a single failure not even in practice. They found a lot of HP from last year to this one and now the engine is suddenly totally unreliable, whats with that? Even weirder is that the ERS system has reliability issues when it was perfectly fine in the second part of last year. It's so odd.
Some ERS issues may be triggered by bottoming which was not a factor last season.

Sevach
Sevach

JPower wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 22:32
Sevach wrote:
TechAddict wrote:
Agreed. RB, like last year, looks like they won't have to resort to taking extra PUs unless they experience a dramatic crash/failure. That's a big advantage.

Ferrari is in a very similar position to 2021 Mercedes except that they just experienced rapid degradation instead of catastrophic failure. :D
To challenge for the WC Ferrari needs to:
Stop blowing up.
Be the faster car very often.
And maybe Mercedes getting good enough to challenge Red Bull but not Ferrari.

It's a long shot.

wowgr8
wowgr8

If Leclerc can get through the next 2 races without a DNF and hopefully with a win, Ferrari get a month to fix the exploding engine and maybe the second half of the season looks more positive.

RTruth41
RTruth41

wowgr8 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 00:42
If Leclerc can get through the next 2 races without a DNF and hopefully with a win, Ferrari get a month to fix the exploding engine and maybe the second half of the season looks more positive.
just that doesn't work. They need to prioritize a driver. RB clearly have a No.1 driver and they never miss any opportunity to multiply his gains whenever situation arrives.

silver
silver

Sevach wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 00:32
JPower wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 22:32
Sevach wrote:

To challenge for the WC Ferrari needs to:
Stop blowing up.
Be the faster car very often.
And maybe Mercedes getting good enough to challenge Red Bull but not Ferrari.

It's a long shot.
Not sure if Mercedes can come into play as they are still a second off in races. Ferrari has to help themselves. They have two key weaknesses currently. One is reliability and the other is bad strategy team. Despite having high deg, Redbull pushed Ferrari away from their easy looking 1 stop to 2 stop and then VSC forced 3. Redbull does this well to take instant decision and play well, which neither Mercedes can do nor Ferrari. So I suspect on days when both are on par, Redbull would win the race purely by well timed and thought out gambling calls. Now that Sainz is quite far behind, they should prioritise Leclerc over Sainz and focus on bettering their strategy brains. Clearly, whoever is in that group, are pretty inefficient.