2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
codetower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 17:59
codetower wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 17:20
Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 07:58
Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd, wich is normal.

This is basically the same as NOT being a team player. "I'll follow orders, as long as I agree with them".

As I've said before, I understand Carlos wanting that first win, and I don't necessarily blame him. I would be surprised at ANY driver in that position not thinking/doing the same. But not following those team orders were absolutely selfish in nature, and against being a "team player".
If that's the case, we should delete "team player" from the F1 lexicon. If every driver would've done it(99% sure Leclerc would've jumped at the first opportunity), then its useless as a positive description.

To me, not being a team player means outwardly fighting, not sharing telemetry, talking badly about the car and team, and generally causing uproar on and off the track.

I don't see either current Ferrari driver in that light. They work together, they help develop the car together, and in general are positive about the team and its development.
I personally don't see either driver in that light either. What I meant by "any driver in that position", I meant a driver in the position of having to wait 7 years... 150 races for that first win. Seeing opportunity after opportunity either slip away, or not even present itself. I can't imagine being one of the best drivers in the world, in a position where there are only 20 out of over 7 billion in the world in any year, and you finally have a chance to win. I think most would do the same to get the win.

I agree 100% with all your points about being a team player, but also, being a team plater is about putting the team first. As much as I see Sainz' view during that race, I think this particular instance benefitted him at the expense of a better result for WDC and WCC for Ferrari.

BUT, again, I really do like Sainz, and I'm glad he's driving for Ferrari. He's very talented, and I do believe we have the best driver lineup on the grid. I just hope this was a one-off occurrence.

JPower
JPower

codetower wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 00:19
[]

I personally don't see either driver in that light either. What I meant by "any driver in that position", I meant a driver in the position of having to wait 7 years... 150 races for that first win. Seeing opportunity after opportunity either slip away, or not even present itself. I can't imagine being one of the best drivers in the world, in a position where there are only 20 out of over 7 billion in the world in any year, and you finally have a chance to win. I think most would do the same to get the win.

I agree 100% with all your points about being a team player, but also, being a team plater is about putting the team first. As much as I see Sainz' view during that race, I think this particular instance benefitted him at the expense of a better result for WDC and WCC for Ferrari.

BUT, again, I really do like Sainz, and I'm glad he's driving for Ferrari. He's very talented, and I do believe we have the best driver lineup on the grid. I just hope this was a one-off occurrence.
We’ll agree to disagree.

I don’t think any driver, whether its Sainz with no wins, or Lewis with 100+ is sitting behind their teammate on old hards with fresh softs mounted and ready to go at Silverstone while in P2.

At Hungary, Monaco, Imola, etc. yeah, that strategy would’ve worked. At a huge track like Silverstone, too many hypotheticals to run though there to say it was 100% not the “right” decision for the team.

Unrelated to the team aspect, I’d personally question the competitive instinct of any driver that decided to give up a win in that position. There’s no coming back from that in my eyes. You’d have to show me an example of another driver(not contractually obligated) doing the same to believe it.

wowgr8
wowgr8

LM10 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 18:20
#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "Ferrari has a very good car. What surprises me is that everyone copies the Red Bull, but no one copies the Ferrari. Which simply shows that no team knows why the Ferrari is so fast."

#AMuS Schmidt: "With the Red Bull, teams sort of think they know the reason, but with the Ferrari, no one knows."
I think one reason why no one copies the Ferrari concept is because all the non-Ferrari teams use centreline cooling whilst Ferrari have nothing up top and have slimmed the engine cover/sharkfin area as much as possible, which is part of the whole concept and is difficult/impossible to change mid season.

Maybe next year we'll see cars show up with the bathtub sidepods though I doubt it because Ferrari/their customers have been an outlier when it comes to centreline cooling for years, I don't know whether teams will switch concepts, or if their respective PUs will allow them to.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 12:34
Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 11:46
It's gonna be common sense, he obey TOs but he also have a brain and an opinion.

Or maybe you disagree with the statement that Monaco and Silverstone orders were completely absurd? :o Because that is a fact too
So in the end, we came to an understanding. Both about skills and being a team player.

Absurd orders? At the very least, his refusal to keep away and protect Leclerc denied Ferrari a 1-2. He had more than enough pace to protect Leclerc until the final lap,
Are you serious? Really?

How can a driver use his pace if he´s blocked with a car with two steps harder compound, wich also is old and wasted?

I can´t grasp how can someone state Ferrari could have finished 1-2 when Lecrerc was on old hard tires and all the rest with new soft tires. Even Ferrari did recon that call was wrong... Are you really this biased toward Lecrerc? :wtf:
Last edited by Andres125sx on 14 Jul 2022, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

codetower wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 17:20
Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 07:58
Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd, wich is normal.

This is basically the same as NOT being a team player. "I'll follow orders, as long as I agree with them".

As I've said before, I understand Carlos wanting that first win, and I don't necessarily blame him. I would be surprised at ANY driver in that position not thinking/doing the same. But not following those team orders were absolutely selfish in nature, and against being a "team player".
Then you should be surprised by Sainz, as he did obey TOs and let Charles pass in that very same race, some laps earlier.

People have short memories, extremelly short actually, as they only remind the parts of the race wich support their pov, and ignere the rest #-o

Andres125sx

LM10 wrote:
#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "Ferrari has a very good car. What surprises me is that everyone copies the Red Bull, but no one copies the Ferrari. Which simply shows that no team knows why the Ferrari is so fast."
#tami.
I hope that was written before Austria, because...

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 07:55
Are you serious? Really?

How can a driver use his pace if he´s blocked with a car with two steps harder compound, wich also is old and wasted?

I can´t grasp how can someone state Ferrari could have finished 1-2 when Lecrerc was on old hard tires and all the rest with new soft tires. Even Ferrari did recon that call was wrong... Are you really this biased toward Lecrerc? :wtf:
I see the time for reasonable discussion is sadly over. No matter.

I'm glad you admitted Leclerc's driving skills are higher and Sainz looking only about himself after spamming this topic for more than half a year claiming completely different things. Please don't do that anymore in Ferrari team topic.

And start using edit button to reply multiple posts, it's just rude to flood any page with 3-4 posts within 2 minutes.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 08:58
Andres125sx wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 07:55
Are you serious? Really?

I see the time for reasonable discussion is sadly over. No matter.
Indeed #-o

wowgr8
wowgr8

How wholesome

Laserguru

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 08:08
Laserguru wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 17:30
as for the engine they stated choosing power over reliability so I would say it is all about risk management. I cannot believe they are less knowledgeable.
This season PU development is banned, except if it´s for reliability upgrades, so it´s perfectly normal they chose power over reliability. A powerful PU wich is not reliable can be upgraded to achieve a powerful and reliable PU, but a weak and reliable PU can´t be upgraded and will be a weak PU the whole season
Who is to say that reliability, or the lack of it, has to be demonstrated on track? It only tells us some teams do not know which parts are unreliable.
Engineering thrives on communication. Jus soli defending WDC, love and merchandise McLaren, passion and inspiration Ferrari. Open wheel car racing and karting addict.

Andres125sx

Laserguru wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 23:26
Who is to say that reliability, or the lack of it, has to be demonstrated on track? It only tells us some teams do not know which parts are unreliable.
Not sure if I understand this message... obviously that´s true, none said the contrary, but not sure what´s your point :?:

LM10
LM10

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 08:03
LM10 wrote:
#tami.

https://cdn.topcarnews.net/media/wp-con ... 044786.jpg
Not really the same concept. It’s still the RedBull-style with an additional notch on the inner part.

Schippke
Schippke

LM10 wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 10:23
Andres125sx wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 08:03

https://cdn.topcarnews.net/media/wp-con ... 044786.jpg
Not really the same concept. It’s still the RedBull-style with an additional notch on the inner part.
Alpine's update looks MUCH closer to Ferrari's concept than Red Bulls.

Alakshendra

Just asking as i was not able to find much of what caused the failure on Sainz PU in Austria. Till now no details found anywhere. Is anyone aware of any details?

F1NAC

Alakshendra wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 13:58
Just asking as i was not able to find much of what caused the failure on Sainz PU in Austria. Till now no details found anywhere. Is anyone aware of any details?
Nothing yet. Probably next week we will hear something