2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jordanb
jordanb

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

F1NAC wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 00:46
continuum16 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 23:44
I feel like it will be Vasseur, for better or for worse.

I've been watching F1 for over a decade, but still I have no clue what Vasseur's management style is like. The last year or two he's sort of developed into this kind of weird uncle-type figure, he seems a bit chaotic, at least how he presents himself in interviews. Complete opposite to Binotto, who always presents himself as fairly robotic. Again, no idea if this is how he is inside the team or not.

As far as his successes in F1 specifically; I don't know if I'm convinced he's ready to go head to head with Wolff and Horner. Maybe he'll play the true wild card act. More seriously, though, I think this is a huge pendulum swing in favor of Leclerc. Binotto was always hesitant to have a driver hierarchy. Elkann spoke more openly in favor of Leclerc. Charles and Mattia did not seem to be on the best terms by the end of the season. Perhaps, whether directly said or merely implied, it was a "him or me" situation. I do think Binotto was an effective technical leader, though; a quality which I don't see Vasseur being able to replicate.
Vasseur is definitely not going to be anything technical related. Altough I think he has an aeronautical degree. If he comes, then also someone will come to get a TD role.
Simone Resta is coming back to Ferrari as Technical Director.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

jordanb wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 03:36
F1NAC wrote:
continuum16 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 23:44
I feel like it will be Vasseur, for better or for worse.

I've been watching F1 for over a decade, but still I have no clue what Vasseur's management style is like. The last year or two he's sort of developed into this kind of weird uncle-type figure, he seems a bit chaotic, at least how he presents himself in interviews. Complete opposite to Binotto, who always presents himself as fairly robotic. Again, no idea if this is how he is inside the team or not.

As far as his successes in F1 specifically; I don't know if I'm convinced he's ready to go head to head with Wolff and Horner. Maybe he'll play the true wild card act. More seriously, though, I think this is a huge pendulum swing in favor of Leclerc. Binotto was always hesitant to have a driver hierarchy. Elkann spoke more openly in favor of Leclerc. Charles and Mattia did not seem to be on the best terms by the end of the season. Perhaps, whether directly said or merely implied, it was a "him or me" situation. I do think Binotto was an effective technical leader, though; a quality which I don't see Vasseur being able to replicate.
Vasseur is definitely not going to be anything technical related. Altough I think he has an aeronautical degree. If he comes, then also someone will come to get a TD role.
Isn't Resta already back at Ferrari? I lost track of him...I thought he first went to Haas, then Alfa, then back to Ferrari.

F1NAC

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 03:37
jordanb wrote:
F1NAC wrote:

Isn't Resta already back at Ferrari? I lost track of him...I thought he first went to Haas, then Alfa, then back to Ferrari.
This year he worked at maranello but those were Haas offices,

Italiano
Italiano

[a few moments later]

Last edited by Italiano on 13 Dec 2022, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

SAEED
SAEED

FW17

OMG wolff's man has infiltrated the Scuderia

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

terrible decission

jordanb
jordanb

FW17 wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 10:36
OMG wolff's man has infiltrated the Scuderia

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... _HiRes.jpg
If he doesn't produce the results, he will be flushed too. He should pray his loyalty to Toto makes Ferrari win titles. :)

jordanb
jordanb

AR3-GP wrote:
jordanb wrote:
F1NAC wrote:

https://scuderiafans.com/simone-resta-w ... from-2023/
Simone Resta will return to Ferrari, after he was sent first at Sauber and then at Haas for not having a good relationship with Mattia Binotto.

Vanja #66

Good luck to Vasseur, he'll need it. The biggest thing he needs to do regarding teams focus and strategies is to set a clear #1 driver and focus their 2023 campaign on him. I think all Tifosi have had enough equality shenanigans since 2017...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

jordanb wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 12:19
AR3-GP wrote:
jordanb wrote:
https://scuderiafans.com/simone-resta-w ... from-2023/
Simone Resta will return to Ferrari, after he was sent first at Sauber and then at Haas for not having a good relationship with Mattia Binotto.
Happy to have Simone Resta on board.

Sevach
Sevach

So that's why Simone Resta keeps coming and going from Maranello...

I could never figure out why he'd get moved from Ferrari to Sauber, then back to Ferrari, then to Haas...

FW17

Hope the first act as TP for Vasseur would be to announce Charles Leclerc will be Numero Uno and Carlos Sainz jr will be Rubens.

Team needs to clearly galvanize around one driver with development focused around that driver. Having a common development programme is a disaster. Naming number one in a team like ferrari which is solely focused on WDC is key to the success of the 2023 campaign and the foundation for future success.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

As if...

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

FW17 wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 15:28
Hope the first act as TP for Vasseur would be to announce Charles Leclerc will be Numero Uno and Carlos Sainz jr will be Rubens.

Team needs to clearly galvanize around one driver with development focused around that driver. Having a common development programme is a disaster. Naming number one in a team like ferrari which is solely focused on WDC is key to the success of the 2023 campaign and the foundation for future success.
This will be such a big disaster. Carlos is way to ambitious for the number 2 position.
With Leclerc installing his people all over the team I wouldn't be surprised if he is angling for an early exit already.