2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 15:29
Sieper wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 13:24
I guess it will also be important to Ricciardo how Norris does against Piastri.
Why is that?
As Norris defeated him, if Norris defeats Piastri too, preferably by a margin for Ricci, that is put in a different light, if Piastri holds his own that doesn’t reflect too good on Ricciardo’s fairing last years.

organic

Interview with Horner. Andreas Haupt asks some good questions directly.

Mentions Newey spends about 50% of his time on F1 nowadays (the rest on Advanced Technologies). Sings praises of Pierre Waché & their technical group

Horner seemed somewhat worried about Ferrari's engine gaining HP :D

Recommend a watch. Covers a lot

Chuckjr

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 22:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tid9baRkdU

Mentions Newey spends about 50% of his time on F1 nowadays (the rest on Advanced Technologies). Sings praises of Pierre Waché & their technical group

Wow! Great interview! Thank you for posting. 👍
Watching F1 since 1986.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Of note, the new Windkanal will be operational for the 2025 season.

djos

Sieper wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 16:56
Wouter wrote:
Sieper wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 13:24
I guess it will also be important to Ricciardo how Norris does against Piastri.
Why is that?
As Norris defeated him, if Norris defeats Piastri too, preferably by a margin for Ricci, that is put in a different light, if Piastri holds his own that doesn’t reflect too good on Ricciardo’s fairing last years.
I disagree, it was pretty clear that the driving style needed for the McLaren’s was polar opposite to Daniels driving style.

Heck even Lando told the team they need to fix the cars handling issues for ‘23!

Just don’t tell The Mclaren fans Norris said this, for them black is white, and white is black. I recommend they stay away from zebra crossings as a result.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lando-nor ... for-years/
Norris reckons the team’s chances of securing best of the rest were hurt by a car that does not have enough front-end grip.

“It’s just our car,” he told Sky Sports, “the characteristics of the car. The things we struggled with, the car doesn’t have enough front. For me, all I need is front. I don’t need rear tyres.

“But when I have front we can be quick.

“As soon as we destroy the front tyres, we were seconds off, or half a second, or one second off. So it’s just the characteristic the car relies on too much.

“But we know all of this. We’ve known it, it’s just been something we’ve had for years sadly and it’s our job to get rid of that for next season.”
"In downforce we trust"

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 22:40
Of note, the new Windkanal will be operational for the 2025 season.
Good news to have a date I suppose. While off though, and there will be less wind tunnel + more cfd in 2026 most likely

chrisc90

Top interview that. Very open and honest.

djos

organic wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tid9baRkdU

Very cool interview! I loved seeing Seb, Mark, Daniel and Max's mini winning helmets on the cabinet behind him.
"In downforce we trust"

Sieper

djos wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 23:02
Sieper wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 16:56
Wouter wrote:

Why is that?
I disagree, it was pretty clear that the driving style needed for the McLaren’s was polar opposite to Daniels driving style.

Heck even Lando told the team they need to fix the cars handling issues for ‘23!

Just don’t tell The Mclaren fans Norris said this, for them black is white, and white is black. I recommend they stay away from zebra crossings as a result.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lando-nor ... for-years/
Norris reckons the team’s chances of securing best of the rest were hurt by a car that does not have enough front-end grip.

“It’s just our car,” he told Sky Sports, “the characteristics of the car. The things we struggled with, the car doesn’t have enough front. For me, all I need is front. I don’t need rear tyres.

“But when I have front we can be quick.

“As soon as we destroy the front tyres, we were seconds off, or half a second, or one second off. So it’s just the characteristic the car relies on too much.

“But we know all of this. We’ve known it, it’s just been something we’ve had for years sadly and it’s our job to get rid of that for next season.”
I don’t think it is something you can agree on or not, I am talking about how it looks to the outside. Not the actual comparative performance and the reasoning behind. In that view it is best for Ricciardo if Norris holds his own.

It will be a cool battle anyway, I think Norris is extremely good and Piastri for me personally is still hard to say, haven’t watched the last F2 seasons carefully enough but from yours and others it could be a real nice intra team battle.

djos

I think Oscar and Norris are going to have a very close battle across the season, it’ll certainly be fun to watch.
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

djos wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 02:09
I think Oscar and Norris are going to have a very close battle across the season, it’ll certainly be fun to watch.
and if Norris wins, the car is the problem. And if Oscar wins, it's because he's just better am i right? :wink:

ok ok, I'll behave :lol:

djos

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 04:03
djos wrote:
and if Norris wins, the car is the problem. And if Oscar wins, it's because he's just better am i right? :wink:

To be fair, Norris has had how many years of experience with McLaren F1 Cars?
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

organic wrote:

Thank you for posting.👍 I can't give you in this thread an upvote, but ....... :)
The Power of Dreams!

mendis
mendis

djos wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 04:17
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 04:03
djos wrote:

To be fair, Norris has had how many years of experience with McLaren F1 Cars?
Nobody really cares how many years a driver has spent. Good drivers simply get on with it, regardless if they have driven the same platform before or not. 2 years of degrading performance doesn't speak well for Daniel. He did well in 2014 in a new car, but he couldn't repeat years later at McLaren. Most good drivers around him have been changing teams and adapting and getting on with it. Ageing Alonso comes back and does extremely well in a new car and a new team. Charles did well in Ferrari in 2019, Sainz did well in 2021 going in Ferrari. George did well in his first year at Mercedes. None of them had experience of driving those platforms before. Regardless of which statements you bring from team or Lando, the fact is, 2022 was totally different car and there was every opportunity for Daniel to set things right, but he didn't. More than any of us sitting outside, McLaren knew every tiny detail of the car and driver and they decided they should move away from Daniel. Any other argument from fans that have zero data on Daniel, is just a moot point.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Coming into this blind, but all the hoohaa to do with Ford, are they are mainly doing this because of the attempted marketing to the Americans by Liberty?