2023 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 05 - 07

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Big Tea

Re: 2023 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 05 - 07

vorticism wrote:
08 May 2023, 01:35
If I may summarize the anti-RB crew ITT:

Quali: "Didn't make Q3! Wow! He is CRACKING! Perez showing who is the real best driver!"
Race: "It is OVER. The season is DONE. There are NO challengers. Verstappen will win ALL of the races. The sport is DOOMED!"

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
07 May 2023, 22:49
I wonder how long FOM and FIA will allow this RB dominance 😂 Pretty sure the viewing numbers will start to plummet after todays race… 😁 Clearly ZERO contenders to Max and his Third WDC this year… Perez is just pathetic sadly…
Basic understanding of F1 history is that it is defined by eras. McLaren era, Ferrari era, RB era, Merc era, etc. F1 has never been known for Mario Kart or NASCAR type races (or whatever the casuals are seeking). If you understand the sport well enough there aren't really any dull races.
Yip, it's sets. The best set of car, driver race team will always dominate because they cover all eventualities.
The best driver may not win due to not having the best car, the best car may not win due to not having the best driver or the best driver in the best car may not win the championship because they do not have the best team*, the car, driver and management will get it right often enough to level out the highs and lows and end the season with more points than luck skill or technology in any other combination.

There have been best drivers without championships, best cars without championships and best teams without championships, but when they come along together, it is obvious after the first few races, others are just making up the numbers.

*Ferrari seem to have their own special slot here
Last edited by Big Tea on 08 May 2023, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJuE7WGG/

2 jumped up security clearly don’t know who one of the sports legends are.

I’d have kicked them both off the grid for that!

Good old Jackie Stewart

vorticism

Big Tea wrote:
08 May 2023, 01:44
*Ferrari seem to have their own special slot here
Ferrari use it as engineering practice, imo. First and foremost they are a road car company. If they win, they win, but it's not the primary goal. Motorsport is built into their brand, so they can only benefit from participating really. Same for Williams and McLaren, imo. They have other related pursuits outside of the sport.
𓄀

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

vorticism wrote:

Quali: "Didn't make Q3! Wow! He is CRACKING! Perez showing who is the real best driver!"
Race: "It is OVER. The season is DONE. There are NO challengers. Verstappen will win ALL of the races. The sport is DOOMED!"

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
I wonder how long FOM and FIA will allow this RB dominance 😂 Pretty sure the viewing numbers will start to plummet after todays race… 😁 Clearly ZERO contenders to Max and his Third WDC this year… Perez is just pathetic sadly…
Basic understanding of F1 history is that it is defined by eras. McLaren era, Ferrari era, RB era, Merc era, etc. F1 has never been known for Mario Kart or NASCAR type races (or whatever the casuals are seeking). If you understand the sport well enough there aren't really any dull races.
Agreed on both points, especially the former :lol:

For people who lack creativity, I recommend subscribing to F1 TV. It's so fascinating to watch onboards and listen to live driver radio. It tells a completely different and more fascinating story than any of the cut, manipulated, and deliberately misleading placement of radio messages on the Sky broadcast. I often find myself just muting the sky commentary, and watching onboards and listening to driver radio. That's a bit of a hidden gem nowadays. Hopefully Liberty won't ruin it by coming up with a silly scheme to sell tickets that allow fans to talk on the driver radio :lol:

chrisc90

Don’t give them ideas! Imagine a £££ for a 5 second message or something.

F1Tv is leagues ahead of sky and the terrible bias they have. Be I’d rather watch the race on mute than listen to sky.

Zynerji

AR3-GP wrote:
08 May 2023, 00:18
DGP123 wrote:
08 May 2023, 00:17
No one is getting near RB in this regulation, I’m afraid. Merc rebuilding, Ferrari a mess, and AMR just aren’t ready. Got the good concept, but unable to develop it to challenge RB. Perez might leave at season close, he’s knows he can’t win. Ricciardo waiting in the wings.
Perez is contracted until 2024.
And could replace DeVries if Helmut says so...

Sevach
Sevach

DGP123 wrote:
08 May 2023, 00:19
AR3-GP wrote:
DGP123 wrote:
No one is getting near RB in this regulation, I’m afraid. Merc rebuilding, Ferrari a mess, and AMR just aren’t ready. Got the good concept, but unable to develop it to challenge RB. Perez might leave at season close, he’s knows he can’t win. Ricciardo waiting in the wings.
Means very little, in all honesty. Boring for us if he stays on.
He's gonna stay just like Bottas did... because boring is good for the leading team.

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
08 May 2023, 02:08
vorticism wrote:

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
Agreed on both points, especially the former :lol:

For people who lack creativity, I recommend subscribing to F1 TV. It's so fascinating to watch onboards and listen to live driver radio. It tells a completely different and more fascinating story than any of the cut, manipulated, and deliberately misleading placement of radio messages on the Sky broadcast. I often find myself just muting the sky commentary, and watching onboards and listening to driver radio. That's a bit of a hidden gem nowadays. Hopefully Liberty won't ruin it by coming up with a silly scheme to sell tickets that allow fans to talk on the driver radio :lol:
Finally, thank God, we have now got F1TV subscription working in my country as no one has bought the local broadcasting rights. All these years it was utter pain to listen to Sky commentary as that's the global feed. Now I run the regular race feed, F1 live timing and driver onboard side by side on different monitors. It's so much fun. :)

PlatinumZealot

Yeah english streams are extremely hard to find these days. It's like Sky has hired people to scour the internet for them.

I have found a good P2P source but it's a bit inconsistent when it works. I might just give in and pay the $60 a year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 May 2023, 04:22
Yeah english streams are extremely hard to find these days. It's like Sky has hired people to scour the internet for them.

I have found a good P2P source but it's a bit inconsistent when it works. I might just give in and pay the $60 a year.
Best money I spend on F1. And the archives allows for some great off-season watching!

cplchanb
cplchanb

AR3-GP wrote:
DGP123 wrote:
Perez had a contract at racing point for 2020 as well.... :?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

cplchanb wrote:
08 May 2023, 04:50
AR3-GP wrote:
DGP123 wrote:
I don't know the details of his 2020 contract situation, but it was with a different team under different circumstances.

mendis
mendis

cplchanb wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
DGP123 wrote:
Which was honoured and he drove for RP. He didn't get a new contract for 2021 at RP, but got one at RB.

Andres125sx

NAPI10 wrote:
07 May 2023, 22:51
Alonso watching race from his cockpit now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Amazing guy, how on earth can he watch the screens from the cockpit? :wtf:

Bill
Bill

mendis wrote:
08 May 2023, 05:39
cplchanb wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Which was honoured and he drove for RP. He didn't get a new contract for 2021 at RP, but got one at RB.
ferrari was faster than redbull last year with these regulation so its no true that no one can get near redbull.ferrari need to improve their tire wear then we will see were their pace is.if you have an efficient pu you can carry less fuel thats part of redbull advantage that when Brawn drew these regulation he overlooked that the pu still play a massive role in deciding who wins.Aston martin has a car good on tires and over one lap ,i think they are being let down by pu