2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
AMG.Tzan

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Wouter wrote:
28 Apr 2023, 13:11
Marquez's surgeon explains decision to prevent him racing at MotoGP Spanish GP

Ignacio Roger de Ona, the surgeon who operated on Marc Marquez's fractured right hand, has explained why the Honda MotoGP rider was advised to miss the Spanish Grand Prix.

Roger de Ona, head of hand reconstruction and microsurgery at Ruber Internacional, recognises that going out on the track in Jerez would have entailed an unacceptable risk.

"Marc's fracture is known as Bennett's fracture, and it is different from a diaphyseal fracture, which we could have solved with screws and a plate," said the surgeon, who - as soon as he saw the results of the radiological tests performed on Marquez on Tuesday - was very clear about what he was going to recommend.

"In his case, there was a very small bone fragment that remained in place, while the rest of the thumb was displaced.

"That's why we need the bone to consolidate well, because in that area many of the forces generated by a MotoGP bike are concentrated.

"For an athlete who uses that area a lot, such as a quarterback, a basketball player or a driver, the recovery time ranges from six to eight weeks.

"For Marc to be able to run only four weeks later would have been exceptional.

"We couldn't take the risk of it breaking at the end of the straight at 350km/h and not being able to brake."

He added: "If the surgery were to pull out the pieces of bone, those pieces could no longer be reattached in the most appropriate way, so the chances of carrying over sequelae would be much greater.

"And, to top it off, the recovery could take several months. It wasn't worth taking that risk.

"At Le Mans, Marc will be seven weeks since the operation. In the same way we would have had to see something exceptional [in Tuesday's tests] for him to race in Jerez, we are confident that he will be able to do so in France.

"If he follows the normal evolution, seeing how things are going, he should be ready."

Dr. Roger de Ona said he is convinced that, once the bone is consolidated, Marquez will not have any sequelae.
I can’t believe his luck anymore…

3 races all of which were perfect battlegrounds for big points for Marc! Bagnaia crashing out of the last two would have meds the championship so exciting with Marc up there in it!

Races coming up won’t be good for Honda, specially Mugello…I hope he gets a win at Germany at least!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

McL-H
McL-H

MotoGP without Marquez. Who bothers?

We all know the others can only win because he isn’t there. It devalues the entire championship.

I am happy I’ve seen the years with Rossi, Marquez and Lorenzo. Those were the golden years of this sport.

etusch

New Kalex Chassis of Honda

aleks_ader

Do we have any pics of KTMs new Red Bull V2 package?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Saykas
Saykas

aleks_ader wrote:
02 May 2023, 09:35
Do we have any pics of KTMs new Red Bull V2 package?
Pedrosa raced the updated aero package and on monday they tested some new stuff aswell.

Pics for comparison between Binder 33, Miller 43 and Pedrosa 26

Dani alone on his bike.

On monday they tested a large blade wing.

etusch

Honda's swing arm winlet
This shot shows the top triple clamp of Alex Rins’ Honda. Changing so many settings can get confusing and it’s easy to forget which map is the one that gives you more or less of what you want! The LCR Honda Team have made it easy for Alex with his ‘Map 2’ always being his base map and if he wants more TQ, EB or TC he goes to Map 1 and for less, Map 3!
The main thing that attracts the attention here are the buttons for the electronic maps, with TQ being Torque, EB being Engine Braking and TC being Traction Control

The riders push these buttons to change the settings for each of these things. During the race they will change these often. As they need to save fuel through the race, the rider may push the TQ button to have less power and so use less fuel but then for the end they may turn it back up again if they want to put on a late race charge and have the fuel to do so

Engine Braking can be tricky to manage as the tyre starts to go off so they will choose to have less towards the end of the race so that the engine braking doesn’t overcome the lack of grip of the worn rear tyre and start to slide and lock too much into the corner

And finally Traction Control. They have to manage this a lot depending on how much grip they have left from the tyre and also the track conditions

from motogp facebook page..

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Johan Mir & MM will test new Kalex chassis during fp sessions.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10260 ... is-le-mans

aleks_ader

Pecco win or bin it mentality LMAO
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

AMG.Tzan

What is Marquez doing on a Honda battling all the Ducatis alone??

Wow that was an exceptional performance by him! The crash doesn’t take anything away from his effort! 7 weeks off, comes back almost takes pole and battles for the podium instantly! He was relentless…by far the greatest rider in there!

Give him a proper bike Honda! He can’t be pushing that much on the brakes to make up the time! It’s only normal that mistakes will happen then…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

Finishing the job is important. He should have finish the race at p3. Which was available for him if he accepted. But compared to other Honda riders he had big margine. Superb ride until crash. Need a little bit race pace(it is up to Honda ), then he can fight for WDC while everyone falling so much WDC is still open for one who finish constantly.

etusch

2024 rumours: KTM to run a 3rd team (potentially Husqvarna), with Marc Marquez and Pedro Acosta moving to KTM MotoGP
We take a chapter of this Friday afternoon sunshine to turn to the MotoGP paddock, where rumors are surfacing that an unhappy Marc Marquez could spell an end to the rider’s 10-year streak with Honda.
How, you ask?
It apparently all started with a chassis.
“Marc found a different frame with some more rear grip, which he liked… [then] Honda decided that Stefan Bradl would not race at Termas de Río Hondo, they made the decision to give this frame to Álex Rins,” explains YouTube channel SportAction/Paddock TV personality, Óscar Haro (via coverage from Motorcycle Sports).
“Álex Rins liked it; the problem is that Álex Rins now wants a frame like that, and Marc will not be very happy that Álex Rins tried it.”
There’s more, too; apparently, Márquez’s former manager – Emilio Alzamora – “wants to make a little war on Márquez and he offered himself to be [Pedro] Acosta’s manager.”
With Red Bull purportedly pushing to give a KTM bike to a jealous Márquez (and Acosta rumored to be getting a place on the bike at HRC), everybody’s curious to see what happens next.
Haro’s opinion?
“It would be a beautiful story, Márquez’s former manager helping Acosta by putting him on Honda and Márquez on KTM.”
https://www.facebook.com/MarcMarquezMalta

Andres125sx

etusch wrote:
14 May 2023, 18:23
Finishing the job is important. He should have finish the race at p3. Which was available for him if he accepted. But compared to other Honda riders he had big margine. Superb ride until crash. Need a little bit race pace(it is up to Honda ), then he can fight for WDC while everyone falling so much WDC is still open for one who finish constantly.

Agree, but after missing several GPs I guess he´s given up to the title fight and only worry about coming back to his previous perfomance.

With this Honda, who can blame him? Honda is miles away from Ducati and will not fight for the title this season anycase :(

etusch

Of course. I don't blame him. But if he could finish, everyone would talk about his performance more, the result he got after so much time and praise him. Now everyone talks, he crashed. but if he finish they would be talking about the result.
And he can still be champ if he could achieve to finish top 5 every race. This season looks like that to me.Finish all the races, finish in a good place and become champion like Joan Mir did.

etusch

Now he is talking about top speed, acceleration, the traction but not turns. Joan Mir also said he was happy with his lap times. So there is an improvements. Maybe top speed is also because of lack of traction.
An impressive ride from Marc Marquez at the French MotoGP unfortunately ended with a crash, meaning he is still yet to finish a grand prix in 2023.

Marquez, likely exhausted in his first full-length outing since the season-opener due to recovering from a hand surgery, lost the front of his Honda on the penultimate lap, while Jorge Martin overtook him.

He had previously offered a reminder of his brilliance by passing Francesco Bagnaia to take an early lead.

Was Marquez’s efforts in Le Mans enough to remind his rivals that he is officially back in business?

“I enjoyed it a lot,” he smiled. “It was one of my better races, a long time ago.

“It’s true that I crashed, but I enjoyed it a lot, I was riding well and felt well with the bike.

“It’s true that I was losing where we were losing - in the straights, top speed, acceleration, in the traction area.

“But we were riding in a very good way. This was very, very important.

It’s a shame that, in the end, after all that work we didn’t receive a good result.

“But we showed to everybody that we are there.

“Now it’s time to analyse, to keep working, and to be better in Mugello.”

Asked if he had any regrets, he said: “No, no. I’m happy. It’s true that I would like to finish the race.

Marc
“But with the tools we have, it’s difficult, for the moment, to fight for those positions.

“I saw that I was able to do it, but not in the best way.

“We have to fight in that position with less risk.

“So we have to work together with the team.”

Marquez was racing for the first time since Portimao, the first round of 2023, when he crashed into Miguel Oliveira causing injuries to both men.
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10263 ... -less-risk