2023 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2023 Williams Racing F1 Team

FW17 wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 06:14
Mr Brooksy wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 01:29
FW17 wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 08:20
I don't know why James Vowels is peddling this line that they are not able to spend Dorilton money. I do not believe there is a desire on PE fund to splurge on facilities when they have already received a paper valuation of 5x on their investment.

There are mechanisms with the ongoing new team tender where in the facilities needed could have infinitely improved under a guise of new team (maybe with the same set of ghost investors). The fictional new team could have then bought out the team from Dorilton for a nominal sum with all its new facilities.

James Vowels is either being misled or misleading the fans.
Let me understand you properly... What you're suggesting is that Dorilton Capital don't want to invest and Vowles is just blowing smoke? They've made the money on paper for the team they bought so now they should just sit back and be happy?

And that what they really should have done is, let Williams die? Started a new team and bought all the infrastructure needed before the CapEx restricted existing teams from upgrading facilities? Meaning that Audi should have never bought Sauber because they wouldn't be restricted by the CapEx, Renault should have done the same etc? Even though none of the teams who are short of infrastructure had no guarantee of obtaining a new entry if they folded and started anew?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your statements... But that makes no sense.

What is so difficult to understand??

Investors of Dorilton start a new factory, preparing for fictional 2026 entry.
They spend the magical $1 billion that James Vowels ex boss suggested
Give up on the new entry, blame Christian Horner for it not happening
Buy Williams F1 and move all staff to the new factory
Why would they do that if F1 look ready to allow them to exceed the CAP?

tomazy
tomazy

organic

Silverstone livery (celebrating 800 GPs)

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

organic wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 16:39
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0R7zgVWwAg ... &name=orig

Silverstone livery (celebrating 800 GPs)
Doesn't look half bad! The white endplates are striking

Sevach
Sevach

Looks good.

vorticism

Speaking of half Jacks.

𓄀

continuum16

How Albon can be ahead of Perez in that car is beyond me. Even Sargeant not too far back; this was always his best circuit in junior categories so not surprising.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

organic

continuum16 wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 17:38
How Albon can be ahead of Perez in that car is beyond me. Even Sargeant not too far back; this was always his best circuit in junior categories so not surprising.
Both drivers are within 7 tenths of the fastest time and albon was within 4 tenths in the morning session as well. With these soft tyres over 1 lap "this car" is clearly very quick around this track with current conditions. I think Australia shows that the car pre-update in the right conditions was actually competitive as well. A p6 at Canada recently too - maybe 5th quickest there

I don't think we should write it off as just down to the drivers. The car is clearly making legitimate steps forward so credit should be given to the technical team

continuum16

organic wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 17:40
continuum16 wrote:
Both drivers are within 7 tenths of the fastest time and albon was within 4 tenths in the morning session as well. With these soft tyres over 1 lap "this car" is clearly very quick around this track with current conditions. I think Australia shows that the car pre-update in the right conditions was actually competitive as well. A p6 at Canada recently too - maybe 5th quickest there

I don't think we should write it off as just down to the drivers. The car is clearly making legitimate steps forward so credit should be given to the technical team
Oh yes I agree the car is improving; I was speaking more from a point of genuine astonishment because the last time two Williams drivers were in the top 5 in the dry on merit has to be at least since Baku 2017; before then sometime in 2015.

I guess their upgrades were more effective than I realized, that’s all :shock:
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

EJ22B
EJ22B

https://racingnews365.com/williams-unpa ... ical-chief

According to RN365, Williams have hired Nick Chester as their TD and Pat Fry as their CTO.

Solid signings if the report turns out to be true. These two are good enough to build upper midfield level cars which is going to be the sealing for Williams in the near future.

dren

EJ22B wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 21:34

According to RN365, Williams have hired Nick Chester as their TD and Pat Fry as their CTO.

Solid signings if the report turns out to be true. These two are good enough to build upper midfield level cars which is going to be the sealing for Williams in the near future.
It appears the car is currently an upper midfield car. They should shoot for more.
Honda!

Mr Brooksy

EJ22B wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 21:34

This is great news if true! It's not Adrian, but it's also not a nobody. Especially Pat Fry!
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

abhi1200
abhi1200

continuum16 wrote:
Because as per team boss James Vowles : "We mainly did qualifying runs," Yet. This appearance is encouraging." We are aware that we will slip down tomorrow. But we are now in a position with our car to be able to fight.

McMika98
McMika98

abhi1200 wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 07:47
continuum16 wrote:
Because as per team boss James Vowles : "We mainly did qualifying runs," Yet. This appearance is encouraging." We are aware that we will slip down tomorrow. But we are now in a position with our car to be able to fight.
Even before Canada, the team was hyped about Silverstone, Logan in particular seem to think that the high speed nature would suit the car much more than anywhere else. The car has very good quali pace and the race pace is also decent. Once the engines are turned up they will be about a second quicker, but the Red Bull have plenty in hand and they have a brand new PU. Hopeful for a double points this year. Last year with the dog of a car and Albon out in the first lap, it was a shock to see Latifi hanging on to the midfield car with ease.The car is now at least 2 second quicker which bodes very well.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Usual caveats about practice but the performance comparison to Leclerc is very encouraging.