Ferrari SF-24 speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: Ferrari SF-24 speculation

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 20:35
jambuka wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 19:50
Reading about rumors about gains per lap feels like at testing RB will be followed by Mclaren/Merc 2nd and Ferrari will be 3rd.
If we reading about rumours,then Ferrari P7-P8. At Aston they talking about possibility same jump as last year which is 1s or more and they was decentend of the year also.McLaren was the 2nd fastest ,but they also talking about continuous progress line. Mercedes probably will improve a lot also ,at Ferrari they talking only about 0.6-0.7sec which I'm not sure will be enough.
Dan Fallows was asked whether a jump similar to last year was possible, and he replied with yes. So there isn't talk about them being 1 second faster.
Neither Mercedes/Mclaren have put a number down regarding laptime improvement.
Mclaren have only said they aren't seeing any deminishing returns in terms of improvement, whilst Red Bull have said they are starting to see diminishining returns. Stella also said they might be surprised by Red Bulls progress.

Why you guys still take anything, anyone says serious in the off-season, I don't know. Just wait until pre-season testing to draw any conclusions. We haven't even had a car launch yet.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 21:33
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
jambuka wrote:
Reading about rumors about gains per lap feels like at testing RB will be followed by Mclaren/Merc 2nd and Ferrari will be 3rd.
If we reading about rumours,then Ferrari P7-P8. At Aston they talking about possibility same jump as last year which is 1s or more and they was decentend of the year also.McLaren was the 2nd fastest ,but they also talking about continuous progress line. Mercedes probably will improve a lot also ,at Ferrari they talking only about 0.6-0.7sec which I'm not sure will be enough.
Dan Fallows was asked whether a jump similar to last year was possible, and he replied with yes. So there isn't talk about them being 1 second faster.
Mclaren have only said they aren't seeing any deminishing returns in terms of improvement, whilst Red Bull have said they are starting to see diminishining returns. Stella also said they might be surprised by Red Bulls progress.

Why you guys still take anything, anyone says serious in the off-season, I don't know. Just wait until pre-season testing to draw any conclusions. We haven't even had a car launch yet.
but it's the speculation thread :lol:

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 22:04
scuderiabrandon wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

At least speculate correctly :mrgreen:

stonehenge
stonehenge

I think it’s fair, though, to say that AMR, McLaren, and Mercedes have sounded more bullish than Ferrari. Personally, I am a little worried by Cardile’s comments about the importance of suspension and setup being overrated. That seems to be what caught out Mercedes for two years. Red Bull’s “secret” was that their stable platform allowed them to hit the perfect balance every single time. Well, except for Singapore, and you saw what happened there…

scuderiabrandon

stonehenge wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 23:01
I think it’s fair, though, to say that AMR, McLaren, and Mercedes have sounded more bullish than Ferrari. Personally, I am a little worried by Cardile’s comments about the importance of suspension and setup being overrated. That seems to be what caught out Mercedes for two years. Red Bull’s “secret” was that their stable platform allowed them to hit the perfect balance every single time. Well, except for Singapore, and you saw what happened there…
They sound bullish because they are putting material out that would suggest that. They have TD's, TP's, CEO's giving interviews. Ferrari haven't put anything out. All the reports coming out of Ferrari are regarding the changes to the car or new staff coming into effect,occasional reports of performance gains, all which have not come directly from Ferrari.

Currently Mclaren sound more bullish than Alpine/Sauber/Ferrari. Why? Because Alpine/Sauber/Ferrari aren't currently entertaining the public with interviews.

If you want to speculate, go ahead, in fact this is a thread about the car not about pecking order, but don't use the words of team members in the off season to validate your opinions. It is very rarely the case that teams that are expecting to make huge leaps, come out and say theya re going to make huge leaps, and the opposite is also true.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 20 Jan 2024, 23:23, edited 4 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 22:24
AR3-GP wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

ouch :lol:

FDD
FDD

scuderiabrandon wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

"At least speculate correctly" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manual, guidelines or something like that for correct speculation, where I can find?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

scuderiabrandon

FDD wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 04:16
scuderiabrandon wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

"At least speculate correctly" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manual, guidelines or something like that for correct speculation, where I can find?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't twist words in interviews. Like I said speculate, but if you are going to do so, don't use someones proclamations to justify it, especially in the off-season. They've all signed NDA's, it is very rarely the case they'll come out and say: "we have not made progress" " we've made huge leaps in performance."

Is there any reason, at this moment in time to believe, Mclaren and Mercedes are 10 steps ahead of Ferrari. I mean look at the final 1/3 of the season. Even development wise we were ahead of Mercedes at the end of last season, whilst bringing 2nd least performance upgared after Williams thoughout the season. There we races where we matched RB on tyre performance, took better care of the tyre than Mclaren.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
jambuka wrote:
Last race I saw, Abu Dhabi, Ferrari was the second fastest car or did I miss anything ?
I guess Mclaren and Aston Martin better improve by at least half a second and one second respectively, if they want to match Ferrari, I don’t even consider the step Red Bull will do with the RB20.
Lots is being made of the 7 tenths improvement of Ferrari, but they didn’t release anything; instead, Dennis (Red Bull), Fallows (AM) and Stella/Brown (Mclaren) released official interviews and looked very bullish, actually Ferrari (and a bit less Mercedes) was very cautious this winter.

gordonthegun

Let's speculate about the car, considered as hardware.

How it will be, what suspensions, sidepods, front, rear, etc.
Nobody can know the ranking nor the tenths less; that is not speculation, it's gambling.

This is what I like (and maybe what this thread is for) I'm waiting for a car, the 676, not a ranking.

Giando

So, according to Nugnes on the italian website of motorsport.com,
the 676 will keep the "by-pass-duct" already seen on the SF23, the thin intake on the sides of the cockpit
which allows some airflow to pass from the underside of the sidepods to the upper side.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10567833/

Let's see if it's really going to be like that.

Xyz22
Xyz22

gordonthegun

"Ferrari should maintain its “S-duct” solution on the 2024 Ferrari.

The objective is the same, more aerodynamic efficiency. In Maranello they also promoted this innovation on the 2024 car, a sign that some advantages can be seen in the wind tunnel.":

Vanja #66

Curious, Nugnes suggest S-duct is kept, which is very interesting if true. On the other hand, Formu1a.uno suggest they will have a wider cannon outlet. From what we've seen so far, these two concepts don't really mix together, so I don't think we will actually see both.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 12:18
Curious, Nugnes suggest S-duct is kept, which is very interesting if true. On the other hand, Formu1a.uno suggest they will have a wider cannon outlet. From what we've seen so far, these two concepts don't really mix together, so I don't think we will actually see both.
Fomu1auno also mentions something never used before around the Halo