2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
venkyhere
venkyhere

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

To be very honest, I am no longer interested in quali. Except Monaco.
It is particularly satisfying to watch a 'coming from behind' winner in a race.

The strength of Verstappen is his ability to go fast without hurting tyres. Even when tyres are terribly gone, he still finds pace to hold on. This is because of tremendous 6th sense of grip, to choose the line to drive the car through a corner, before the corner, rather than whilst already in it. To my eyes, such ability to squeeze everything from the tyres, even when they are dead, I have seen with Hamilton and Ocon, other than Verstappen. I also believe Perez is wrongly given the title of 'tyre whisperer'. He does that only when there are 90 degree turns. The real tyre whisperers, according to me, are VER, HAM, OCO

f1isgood
f1isgood

venkyhere wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 17:37
To be very honest, I am no longer interested in quali. Except Monaco.
It is particularly satisfying to watch a 'coming from behind' winner in a race.

The strength of Verstappen is his ability to go fast without hurting tyres. Even when tyres are terribly gone, he still finds pace to hold on. This is because of tremendous 6th sense of grip, to choose the line to drive the car through a corner, before the corner, rather than whilst already in it. To my eyes, such ability to squeeze everything from the tyres, even when they are dead, I have seen with Hamilton and Ocon, other than Verstappen. I also believe Perez is wrongly given the title of 'tyre whisperer'. He does that only when there are 90 degree turns. The real tyre whisperers, according to me, are VER, HAM, OCO
I tend to see tire management as mostly a car trait much more than a driver trait. Sure Max makes the difference between his teammates but beyond that it doesn't mean much to me. I also think there are many fast drivers -- around 5 on the grid that can compete regularly with Max over a lap. That said, the best metric for judging drivers is consistency in my opinion. Max is a robot in that. Never seen someone as consistent week-in week-out (maybe except a couple of years during Michael's domination) that his bad weekends are the ones like China where he doesn't get a sprint pole. I believe any driver would find it very hard to beat Max over a season given Max is the benchmark in terms of pace and consistency and while the former is attainable by many the latter is next to impossible to attain. It requires great adaptability to tracks and maintaining consistency even when the car isn't in its best window. Max is great at that, probably the best-ever at that really.

Even in a title battle he showed he can optimize almost every weekend - P2 was his worst finishing position without car damage. That is almost impossible for any other driver on the grid imo.

That said, it's still a motorsport, and as great as Max is, he needs a car as good as this Red Bull to win as much as he has been doing.

Sieper

Well written and your ultimate point ofcourse stands. Max had to wait quite long to get such a car, and the same can be said for Norris and Leclerc too (the Ferrari only very briefly was there and that brief period was nit quite legal.

The question is how much of a car does each driver need. And that is really hard to judge, will always be controversial whatever you think.

CHT
CHT

AN is known for his ability to understand drivers and he has claimed that Max like Vettel are most sensitive to tires. And this gives AN ability to design a car that can fully exploit the Max's potential. Max is quick, consistent, precise and ultra competitive, not many drivers on the grid can match his talent and commitment to the sport at the moment.

organic

According to AMuS Newey is set to leave RB. could start a domino effect of others leaving RB like Marko, Max etc

tinuva

organic wrote:According to AMuS Newey is set to leave RB. could start a domino effect of others leaving RB like Marko, Max etc

Oh no¡

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 15:54
According to AMuS Newey is set to leave RB. could start a domino effect of others leaving RB like Marko, Max etc

thank you hornyer
Newey is said to be unhappy about the power struggle in the team and does not want to be completely pushed into the RB17 hypercar project.

Wouter

Just speculation from Auto Motor und Sport as usual! :roll: #-o

English translated:

https://www-auto--motor--und--sport-de. ... r_pto=wapp
The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

I hope this news is true. :)

I am very curious to see if Newey can go to a different setup at this age and build an organization of similar capabilities (tools, capabilities, people, culture etc.,) like Red Bull. It's a monstorous task and an painfully time consuming process. But I really want to see if Red Bull has been this one man show or are there magical hands about whom we never really knew.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Dunlay wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 16:46
I hope this news is true. :)

I am very curious to see if Newey can go to a different setup at this age and build an organization of similar capabilities (tools, capabilities, people, culture etc.,) like Red Bull. It's a monstorous task and an painfully time consuming process. But I really want to see if Red Bull has been this one man show or are there magical hands about whom we never really knew.
You build the right team around Newey and keep him happy? Then you'll get the best out of him.
If he doesn't feel supported? He'll leave a team, as he did with Williams and McLaren. Red Bull can survive
without Newey and likely produce race winning cars. But I doubt they'd be as dominant as they are currently.

organic

Andrew Benson / BBC sport now also report Adrian leaving RB, so most likely it is correct

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cmm3v9ny78eo

Venturiation
Venturiation

all the rumors were real

It also became clear earlier this year that the relationship between Newey and team boss Christian Horner is no longer great, to put it mildly. It became clear once again in the whole case surrounding Horner and allegations of sexual misconduct.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

If he leaves, how do you enforce a non-compete if he were to go to a team based in a different country? Especially with the UK leaving the EU.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:27
If he leaves, how do you enforce a non-compete if he were to go to a team based in a different country? Especially with the UK leaving the EU.
they should worry about honer destroying the team from the inside first

marko and max are probably next to leave

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Venturiation wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:33
Hoffman900 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:27
they should worry about honer destroying the team from the inside first

marko and max are probably next to leave
Marko will be 81 years old in a few days time, they should have had a plan for his leaving for 10-15 years now, so that shouldn’t be as shocking.