Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hollus

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Circles, circles, circles again.
No spam, thanks. Bring something new to the discussion, or kindly refer to the past approx 200 pages.
Rivals, not enemies.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

hollus wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 18:36
No spam, thanks. Bring something new to the discussion, or kindly refer to the past approx 200 pages.
Problem is that some on here seem intent on victim blaming and don't seem to understand that no means no.

hollus

That you think that is "the" problem, or that there is only one problem, that's part of the circles too.
This is a forum, in the internet. You are unlikely to change some people’s minds or to find absolute truth here.
And remember, the “side” you are trying to convince, they also think they are right, same as you, at least many of them.
The same arguments apply from the opposite side, like it or not.

Repeating again again gets no one anywhere. It quickly becomes TLDR, then spam, though.
Rivals, not enemies.

Wouter

Last Sunday Helmut Marko:
"From the Thai shareholders' side, everything is clear. Everything is okay for them. Whether there is anything more to come or not - no idea. It's a very complex matter that is difficult to understand." "We have other worries at the moment."

Will he continue to work as a "consultant" as usual? Marko: "Well... Well, I would say so. There are always talks and discussions."
With whom? "My direct superior is Red Bull CEO Oliver Mintzlaff."
Marko emphasises that his relationship with the German is "correct". His consultancy contract runs until the end of the 2026 season.
And will he fulfil it? "At the moment," says Marko after a short pause, "we have other things to worry about than what I'm doing."
From an F1 Insider article translated by GT:
Red Bull: Horner more powerful than ever

One thing is certain: a week before the fourth race of the premier class next Sunday in Japan, everything continues to revolve around the future of Horner and his racing team. F1-Insider.com knows: Thanks to the Thais, the Brit won the power struggle against the Austrian partners around 49 percent shareholder Mark Mateschitz, CEO Oliver Mintzlaff and motorsport boss Helmut Marko. They believed the employee and wanted to fire Horner.

Just: The Brit is now more powerful than ever. Horner has been given sole procura to make all important decisions for the two
Red Bull-operated teams, Red Bull Racing and Racing Bulls.
According to F1 insider information, this means that the Austrians are even thinking about leaving the Formula 1 commitment entirely to Horner and the Thais and continuing their own sponsorship activities such as football or ice hockey through a foundation founded by Dietrich Mateschitz. The Formula 1 race at the Red Bull Ring will run through the same foundation until 2029. After that, it is unlikely that Austria will keep its GP.

One thing is clear: Helmut Marko (80), close ally of Dietrich Mateschitz as well as creator and supporter of, among others, Sebastian Vettel and the current dominator Max Verstappen, has little desire to continue.
Marko's resignation no longer seems impossible.
That would finally drive Verstappen to Mercedes. This is made possible by a clause in Verstappen's contract, which runs until the end of 2028. It says: If Marko is gone, Verstappen can also go.
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... her-62697/
The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

hollus wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 06:49
That you think that is "the" problem, or that there is only one problem, that's part of the circles too.
This is a forum, in the internet. You are unlikely to change some people’s minds or to find absolute truth here.
And remember, the “side” you are trying to convince, they also think they are right, same as you, at least many of them.
The same arguments apply from the opposite side, like it or not.

Repeating again again gets no one anywhere. It quickly becomes TLDR, then spam, though.
Nicely articulated. Our reality isn't painted in absolutes; portraying one side as inherently truthful and the other as deceitful oversimplifies matters greatly. With no clear and transparent examination of the case, determining who is morally right and wrong becomes impossible. Persistent bias only perpetuates the illusion of a stark divide.

Cs98
Cs98

So basically unofficial confirmation from the complainant that the messages were genuine, and confirmation that they are scheduled for a tribunal. Anyone knows how long the delays are in the UK court systems for such a process?

myurr
myurr

Cs98 wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 12:19
So basically unofficial confirmation from the complainant that the messages were genuine, and confirmation that they are scheduled for a tribunal. Anyone knows how long the delays are in the UK court systems for such a process?
A friend of mine went through the tribunal process recently and it took her roughly 9 months to get the hearing. A quick google search suggests 6 - 12 months is the average, although I would guess this may vary by region / season, etc.

Wouter

How long does an employment tribunal case take to complete?

This depends on the complexity of the case and the geographical area the claim is brought in.
There are regional employment tribunals all over the UK and the speed with which they deal with cases can vary enormously.
However, on average we would estimate that a basic unfair dismissal case may take around 12 months to complete,
while a more complex discrimination matter may take around 18-24 months to complete.
If the matter is settled via negotiation, then the timescale may be less than this.
The Power of Dreams!

myurr
myurr

According to Mark Hughes it would appear Newey's decision to leave Red Bull is directly linked to Horner's treatment of his PA: https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/mark ... -personal/

From the article it appears that she also acted as Adrian's PA so he has direct first hand understanding of the situation.
It’s not as if Newey would be departing because of a general malaise within the team, either; this is very much a personal issue based around the Christian Horner controversy regarding the employee who served as PA to both Horner and Newey.
That's a new fact for me, and would help explain why there have been so many rumours around Newey's agitation on the matter.

Mogster

I had wondered for some time what Newey’s view of the Horner situation was. He isn’t one to talk to the media but the total lack of any comment seemed quite telling.

Shakeman

myurr wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:07
According to Mark Hughes
According to Mark Hughes is just Mark Hughes' opinion which is no more valid than anyone else's opinion but does not mean it is based on any facts.

What if Newey is leaving for entirely different reasons? What if Newey has absolutely no time for corporate powerplays and just wants to design cars with minimum grief or misses a more hands on role designing cars for the new regs? What if Newey dislikes the fact that an alleged mole in Red Bull has been leaking to the press to undermine CH? What if Newey has absolutely no time for the Verstappenisation of Red Bull? What if Newey is an honourable man who wants to put right the injustice of HAM being robbed of his 8th title with a bonus of making Ferrari a winning team again? What if this move is about Newey's legacy and nothing else?

If I sat long enough I could think of many other valid reasons why Newey might want a change of scene that has nothing to do with the CH/PA situation. I'm sure the CH/PA situation has not helped but it may not be the actual reason for Newey deciding to look elsewhere even if that's true which we don't know for sure.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Shakeman wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 12:40
myurr wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:07
According to Mark Hughes
According to Mark Hughes is just Mark Hughes' opinion which is no more valid than anyone else's opinion but does not mean it is based on any facts.

What if Newey is leaving for entirely different reasons? What if Newey has absolutely no time for corporate powerplays and just wants to design cars with minimum grief or misses a more hands on role designing cars for the new regs? What if Newey dislikes the fact that an alleged mole in Red Bull has been leaking to the press to undermine CH? What if Newey has absolutely no time for the Verstappenisation of Red Bull? What if Newey is an honourable man who wants to put right the injustice of HAM being robbed of his 8th title with a bonus of making Ferrari a winning team again? What if this move is about Newey's legacy and nothing else?

If I sat long enough I could think of many other valid reasons why Newey might want a change of scene that has nothing to do with the CH/PA situation. I'm sure the CH/PA situation has not helped but it may not be the actual reason for Newey deciding to look elsewhere even if that's true which we don't know for sure.
All true, but if she was also Newey's PA and he has now lost her services, that may be at least part of the picture.

PlatinumZealot

hollus wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 18:36
I think you should refer to what was done in the past with threads of an investigative nature and lock it until new facts emerge.

It's all speculations right now.. Some posts could be even libelous in nature too. Even poor old Newey is getting dragged into the affair (no pun intended!)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Shakeman

PapayaFan481 wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 17:29

All true, but if she was also Newey's PA and he has now lost her services, that may be at least part of the picture.
If this PA had decided to leave for another position in another organisation he would also lose her services. Losing a PA isn't going to rock the boat to such an extent that a senior member of staff decides to leave too. Overactive libidos of CEOs also don't generally cause senior staff to leave organisations.

No one knows what reason if any Newey has for deciding to leave RB or if he has decided to leave at all. Until Newey is directly quoted I'd take these stories with a huge cup of salt.

Let's pretend Newey has confirmed he's leaving but has not said why...

I can remember an interview with him many years ago where he said, I'm paraphrasing, he enjoyed the RB setup, it was run like a privateer team obviously a well funded one, with the underdog ethos and none of the corporate baggage. What if after Mateschitz's death RB has imported a load of corporate baggage?

My favoured pet theory is it's much more likely than not that the fiercely competitive Newey is missing a more hands on role of designing cars and is seeking to find a more intellectually stimulating role in F1 car development elsewhere. Maybe he even wants to test himself against his World Champion RB colleagues? I could see him being right up for that. RB have said themselves how side-lined Newey is due to the cost cap, I just think that role doesn't fit his character which is well known to be ultra competitive, I'm pretty sure it was Coulthard who once described him as the most competitive person he'd ever met.

When you decide to leave an employer it's not normally for a single reason, there maybe a final straw but you tend to have a multiplicity of reasons to leave.

As much as I'd love to see Newey design a car for Lewis, I think Aston is more early RB-esque, wealthy owner, privateer ethos etc etc. If he's leaving he'll go to Aston is my guess. I hope I'm wrong.

Watto
Watto

Shakeman wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 10:54
PapayaFan481 wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 17:29

If this PA had decided to leave for another position in another organisation he would also lose her services. Losing a PA isn't going to rock the boat to such an extent that a senior member of staff decides to leave too. Overactive libidos of CEOs also don't generally cause senior staff to leave organisations.

No one knows what reason if any Newey has for deciding to leave RB or if he has decided to leave at all. Until Newey is directly quoted I'd take these stories with a huge cup of salt.

Let's pretend Newey has confirmed he's leaving but has not said why...

I can remember an interview with him many years ago where he said, I'm paraphrasing, he enjoyed the RB setup, it was run like a privateer team obviously a well funded one, with the underdog ethos and none of the corporate baggage. What if after Mateschitz's death RB has imported a load of corporate baggage?

My favoured pet theory is it's much more likely than not that the fiercely competitive Newey is missing a more hands on role of designing cars and is seeking to find a more intellectually stimulating role in F1 car development elsewhere. Maybe he even wants to test himself against his World Champion RB colleagues? I could see him being right up for that. RB have said themselves how side-lined Newey is due to the cost cap, I just think that role doesn't fit his character which is well known to be ultra competitive, I'm pretty sure it was Coulthard who once described him as the most competitive person he'd ever met.

When you decide to leave an employer it's not normally for a single reason, there maybe a final straw but you tend to have a multiplicity of reasons to leave.

As much as I'd love to see Newey design a car for Lewis, I think Aston is more early RB-esque, wealthy owner, privateer ethos etc etc. If he's leaving he'll go to Aston is my guess. I hope I'm wrong.
Until it comes from Newey I don't think you really believe anything. Maybe a combination over everything. But I don't think AN has ever enjoyed the power struggles and probably why - as you've said he has been happy at RB for so long. Almost a private team thats been well funded hes had been able to move in and out of F1 projects when/if he wanted if he was not interested.