Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

It's not looking good, it would be awkward if he was present at the launch while the investigation is ongoing. I don't know if these accusations are true, but at the moment, I feel bad for Horner, would be awful if it's a witch hunt.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Venturiation
Venturiation

DGP123
DGP123

From what’s been post, looks like enough evidence, and RB wanted him gone, as to not embarrass them and have this blown up. Looking like Horner’s days are numbered.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If Horner didn't want the allegations to reach the public, he would have resigned already. By remaining in his position, he forces said allegations to come to the light. It would do irreparable damage to his reputation if he is on the wrong side of this. I guess he likes his chances...

organic

ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:14
https://twitter.com/xxoMarina/status/17 ... nbl4Q&s=19

Links to podcast in tweet thread

Seems its Mintzlaff if that is accurate
So Mintzlaff or at least RB GmbH talked about this to a journalist, gave them many details, and didn't make them sign an NDA whilst an internal investigation was ongoing.

The same journalist then broke this story to the public

I can't see any reasons for doing this other than a political angle?
Last edited by organic on 05 Feb 2024, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:43
ThijsMuis wrote:

So Mintzlaff or at least RB GmbH talked about this to a journalist, gave them many details, and didn't make them sign an NDA whilst an internal investigation was ongoing

seems political to me as well, there's been rumors of a Red Bull power struggle for a few months

https://racingnews365.com/horners-wry-o ... gle-claims

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christian ... s-red-bull

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Would this tie in with that cryptic Albert Fabrega tweet from half a year ago? Or unrelated?

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:51
Would this tie in with that cryptic Albert Fabrega tweet from half a year ago? Or unrelated?
I still think that was related to something most relevant to Spain, given he didn't offer any English translations for that entire saga which he usually does. My view is that was about Barcelona or he heard FA was retiring (especially as he seemingly apologized to Fernando with a follow-up tweet later)

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

I really struggle with how these things are dealt with these days. Trial by media no-one should want. Facts should be the ONLY determinant of guilt. Unless the full picture is known then best not to comment further.
I hope it’s not a witch hunt

Venturiation
Venturiation

Seeing how it's unfolding if redbull fires him it will be this week, they don't want this during the launch of the car or at the paddock

ME4ME

I don't buy these conspiracy theories that it is either Mintzlaff or Marko or any other top dog at Red Bull that is trying to get rid of Horner or throw him under the bus somehow. Regardless of any tension between Horner and Marko, they complement each other well. Marko was intrumental in keeping Horner at Red Bull and stopping him from going to Ferrari. I'm sure if its up to Marko he would like to make all the important calls himself but I doubt he'd want Horner gone because he runs the team on a day to day basis, something Marko cannot and probably does not want to do himself. Also with the huge investments into Powertrains, wind tunnel etc it makes no sense to get rid of Horner who has kept the team together throughout the years.

Whether Horner is quilty of anything is another matter. He might be innocent as he says he is, or screwed it up somehow. But right now most of these publications are quoting each other.

geraldix
geraldix

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:56
I really struggle with how these things are dealt with these days. Trial by media no-one should want. Facts should be the ONLY determinant of guilt. Unless the full picture is known then best not to comment further.
I hope it’s not a witch hunt
I would rather not know the full picture in this case :D

deadhead

I don't think he would risk it all on a stupid nude pic to be honest.. to smart for that kinda thing

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:43
ThijsMuis wrote:

So Mintzlaff or at least RB GmbH talked about this to a journalist, gave them many details, and didn't make them sign an NDA whilst an internal investigation was ongoing.

The same journalist then broke this story to the public

Mintzlaff has duty to RB not Horner.
Horner has duty to himself.
I don't think it's political because timeline is saying people knew about this last week.
I think it's possible Horner made a big mistake Mintzlaff had evidence and said you have to go and Horner said no.
Barrister employed and story leaked.
That looks like pressure being given Horners way.
The problem is, if that is the version of events, Horner is staying.

chrisc90

That many different stories don’t know what to believe, Probably not even the whole situation whatever is going on

Anyhow, isn’t Horner the boss of himself? As in red bull racing? Not sure what position he has within the wider RB group