2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Venturiation
Venturiation

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Marko said he won’t make any comment. And it is reported that horner was advised to step back(he refused).
https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... n-24020508
Last edited by Venturiation on 05 Feb 2024, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:21
ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:06
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chri ... -60bh6w53s

"
Confirmation of the investigation follows 36 hours of denials from the factory in Milton Keynes of any alleged wrongdoing. Indeed, Horner described the accusations as 'nuts' in a message protesting his innocence to MailOnline. Legal action was taken against Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, who pulled their original story on lawyers' advice until it broke on a German website, F1-Insider, at lunchtime today. According to Horner loyalists, he is the victim of an internal fight within the broader Red Bull family."

A source within the Red Bull team added that the claims under scrutiny related to 'incredibly controlling behavior'.

Allegations of a sexual nature relating to Horner were flying around within the sport over the weekend, ahead of the new season starting next month. But they are flatly denied by the father-of-two and no evidence of that nature has been established.

Wow. Sexual allegations being used against Horner by the RB family? This could go nuclear.
If it is Horner should sue. But this will lead to big consequences for Red Bull.
This is not what this team needs right now dominating the sport
This is too big, if it's coming from inside it means they are getting rid of hom
If it was a foregone conclusion with the investigation being a formality, he likely would've been suspended from his active role to protect employees and the company from litigation (knowingly allow an abuser to continue in position of power etc). So in my opinion so far there are allegations of a serious nature but it's not damning proof of anything
Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:23
Marko said he won’t make any comment. And it is reported that horner was advised to step back(he refused).

Can you provide some sources and direct quotes? And not from fan accounts who are making article translations. I'm not saying what you're saying is incorrect - I would just like the sources to be visible for everyone to be able to be confident in information and be able to assess the source. Thanks

DGP123
DGP123

The beginning of the end for Horner

TNTHead

From The Telegraaf article: Horner was asked about the allegations and the ongoing investigation. He responds: "I completely deny these claims."

It is very difficult to distinguish between a real problem or political reasons to discredit Horner.

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:06
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chri ... -60bh6w53s

"

Wow. Sexual allegations being used against Horner by the RB family? This could go nuclear.
If it is Horner should sue. But this will lead to big consequences for Red Bull.
This is not what this team needs right now dominating the sport
This is too big, if it's coming from inside it means they are getting rid of hom
If it was a foregone conclusion with the investigation being a formality, he likely would've been suspended from his active role to protect employees and the company from litigation (knowingly allow an abuser to continue in position of power etc). So in my opinion so far there are allegations of a serious nature but it's not damning proof of anything
Venturiation wrote:

Can you provide some sources and direct quotes? And not from fan accounts who are making article translations. I'm not saying what you're saying is incorrect - I would just like the sources to be visible for everyone to be able to be confident in information and be able to assess the source. Thanks

organic

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:31
organic wrote:
Venturiation wrote:

Venturiation wrote:

This tends to be a very solid source for RB-related news and they often get inside comments from Marko.

According to information from Motorsport-Total.com , the allegations of allegedly inappropriate behavior were first made at the end of last week. Our editorial team is aware of details about this, but will not be published in the interest of the privacy of everyone involved.

There is now said to be a dossier with incriminating material at Red Bull in Fuschl that summarizes the allegations. These are now being investigated internally at Red Bull, and further action and possible consequences will be discussed at the highest management level. Horner is presumed innocent.

But as is always the case in Formula 1, there is whispering behind the scenes - and information is leaked in fragments. Accordingly, Horner is said to have been friendly advised to voluntarily resign as team boss and vacate his post. However, he may have rejected this in his initial reaction.
Last edited by organic on 05 Feb 2024, 18:35, edited 2 times in total.

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:32
Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:31
organic wrote:

This tends to be a very solid source for RB-related news and they often get inside comments from Marko.
They called marko and he said he won't comment

maxxer
maxxer

Well a normal day in the Red Bull office sounds like this :

https://youtu.be/tnY65NRvwUQ?feature=shared

So I wonder what Horner has done which is worse :):)

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:34
organic wrote:
If not Marko, maybe Mintzlaff is doing this to get Horner out quickly.
Somebody leaked this to the news.

Venturiation
Venturiation

ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:58
Venturiation wrote:
organic wrote:

And they advised him to resign before leaking it

organic

Interestingly, it was the Dutch telegraaf who had the story first. They put it out, took it down, and republished after F1-insider from Germany also published - this is according to Motorsport-total.com

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:00
ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 18:58
Venturiation wrote:

And they advised him to resign before leaking it
Resigning is saying guilty. I understand Horner wants to stay, but this story adds the pressure to go now.

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:01
Interestingly, it was the Dutch telegraaf who had the story first. They put it out, took it down, and republished after F1-insider from Germany also published - this is according to Motorsport-total.com
Horner threatened legal against Die Telegraaf.

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:01
They got sued by the lawyers and their lawyers told them to take it down

KimiRai
KimiRai

I thought you had to prove someone guilty first, presumption of innocence and all that. Just an allegation seems enough these days to destroy anyone

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Links to podcast in tweet thread

Seems its Mintzlaff if that is accurate