2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:56
Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:39
Zynerji wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:32

Win or Bin. The LeClerc way of racing... :?

Not impressed when he doesn't crash... :roll:
I've seen better trolling attempts from kids still in elementary school :lol:
Let's see if he finishes the rest of the weekend before we go claiming victory... 8)
"I was wrong, yes, but I'll kick the goal posts further until I win".

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:07
Very positive that Charles was immediately on the pace with Sainz on the soft tyres, despite no previous running.
Let's see if is going to be the case tomorrow as well.
Nothing positive, that's his typical level. Both of them are driving at their peaks and are the only pair to do so along with Red Bull duo.

deadhead wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:37
Track temp took away the warm up issues perhaps and he seems to be back to “normal”
He was ahead in dry but cold Q in China as well
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Zynerji

Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:50
Zynerji wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:39

I've seen better trolling attempts from kids still in elementary school :lol:
Let's see if he finishes the rest of the weekend before we go claiming victory... 8)
Yep. Lets see the podium first before we get too far ahead of ourselves...

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Zynerji wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:53
Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:50
Zynerji wrote:

Yep. Lets see the podium first before we get too far ahead of ourselves...
Oh dear. lol

Nobody else was getting ahead of themselves. You just seem to want to see Leclerc fail to fulfill some preconceived narrative you want to propagate.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

<> it should be pretty concerning how fast Mclaren was and the fact that they could have had pole position . They didn't understand their car on soft tires, ok, but that's understandable for a first time out in a Sprint Weekend with such a huge upgrade.

I think you'd have to be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was potentially worrying.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:25
<> it should be pretty concerning how fast Mclaren was and the fact that they could have had pole position . They didn't understand their car on soft tires, ok, but that's understandable for a first time out in a Sprint Weekend with such a huge upgrade.

I think you'd have to be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was potentially worrying.
I mean they just brought a completely new car. We will see next week in Imola.

Vanja #66

McLaren might not make the Sprint on one set, even with Hards. No use having updates and great pace if you cook the tyres into massive deg
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

SoulPancake13 wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:26
Seanspeed wrote:

I mean, yes, that's part of the worry. They brought a whole new car and proved incredibly competitive even on a track that would have previously been considered a weakness. They literally had a time in SQ2 that would have been good for pole position, but the car seemed to fall apart on soft tires.

Still some scary pace. I know a lot of people here dont want to consider Mclaren a legit rival, but I absolutely think they are. And frankly, I welcome it. I miss the days of Ferrari vs Mclaren.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:30
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Seanspeed wrote:

I mean, yes, that's part of the worry. They brought a whole new car and proved incredibly competitive even on a track that would have previously been considered a weakness. They literally had a time in SQ2 that would have been good for pole position, but the car seemed to fall apart on soft tires.

Still some scary pace. I know a lot of people here dont want to consider Mclaren a legit rival, but I absolutely think they are. And frankly, I welcome it. I miss the days of Ferrari vs Mclaren.
I mean sure, but also can't you say that Ferrari are still up there with a pretty much base spec car? I don't see why we should be any more worried than we were. We know they are improving but so are we. Like Vanja said, their tyre management looks quite rough with this car right now so let's just wait and see

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:30
LM10 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:25
Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:24

Thankfully, it wasn't another mechanical issue for him. Just a small mistake with no consequences in the end
Do you know if the car was on the truck to be brought back to the pits and if there are any pictures from it being towed?
Haven't seen anything, it wasn't important. With whole new set of PU components on both cars, I was afraid Leclerc's mechanics had another one of their episodes and messed something up in assembly. This remains the only fear I have going into upcoming seasons, Brasil was not that long ago and Bahrain even less...
I understand your concerns too well and the ridiculous failures on Leclerc’s side of the garage in the last couple of years have installed a constant state of fear into my mind, too. :)
Let’s hope that the fact that nothing too serious has happened so far this season is not only a coincidence.

jambuka
jambuka

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:27
McLaren might not make the Sprint on one set, even with Hards. No use having updates and great pace if you cook the tyres into massive deg
McLarens have high deg? How’s deg looking for Ferrari. Did Carlos do any long runs ?

LM10
LM10

Ferrari without any upgrades, Leclerc without any running in FP1 and a close P2 in the end. Encouraging overall and that was qualifying only. Race should be Ferrari’s territory.
If McLaren’s pace drop in SQ3 really was up to them cooking the Softs - which I think it was - they’re gonna have a really hard time tomorrow.
Last edited by LM10 on 04 May 2024, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

Seanspeed wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
Seanspeed wrote:
Ignoring the obvious troll, it should be pretty concerning how fast Mclaren was and the fact that they could have had pole position . They didn't understand their car on soft tires, ok, but that's understandable for a first time out in a Sprint Weekend with such a huge upgrade.

PIA was 0.1 off in SQ2. The update is a good one but only NOR had it.

Also when they did their lap in SQ2 was peak performance for the track. The 2nd attempt in SQ2 was slower and nobody improved their time. In SQ3 track wasn’t as quick and cloud cover was totally gone and track was getting hotter melting all tires, which explains all the glitches in everyone’s laps.

f1316
f1316

Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:45
f1316 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:52
"lol"... I know that. It means something, one race or no. Maybe it doesn't seem like it to young fans who see teams swapping out random liveries for other random liveries all the time but there is all sorts of history, tradition and national pride wrapped up in racing colours for a team like Ferrari. Feel free to educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... ng_colours
I'm not a young fan at all.

"Feel free to educate yourself"

Frick off with the condescending nonsense. Some of us just want to see an actually aesthetically pleasing color scheme for a race if they're gonna do some unique one-off. That's it. Italy is not going to fall into the ocean if they more fully used a color that is still the official sporting color of Italy, ffs.

The dramatics of your argument are beyond ridiculous.
Well, whatever the case may be, I'm not going to convince you of why sporting history is important to a lot of fans as you seem to have made up your mind. If the Man Utd turned up in City blue - even for one match - trust me, a lot of fans would be unhappy; if the Yankees wore Red Sox red - even for one game - same thing. This stuff means a lot to a lot of people and, when Ferrari actually did run blue cars in 1964, it was because they wanted to send a serious message to F1 and Italian authorities.

Fine if it's all just a bit of fun for you, you're entitled to that view of the sport, but some people take it seriously and especially Tifosi in Italy.

organic

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:03
Seanspeed wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

PIA was 0.1 off in SQ2. The update is a good one but only NOR had it.

Also when they did their lap in SQ2 was peak performance for the track. The 2nd attempt in SQ2 was slower and nobody improved their time. In SQ3 track wasn’t as quick and cloud cover was totally gone and track was getting hotter melting all tires, which explains all the glitches in everyone’s laps.
Oscar has half of the package this weekend according to Stella: visibly confirmed has been the new front wing. He has old spec sidepods/engine cover though