2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

WDC 🏆 x15 - 1952 | 1953 | 1956 | 1958 | 1961 | 1964 | 1975 | 1977 | 1979 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2007

WCC 🏆 x16 - 1961 | 1964 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1979 | 1982 | 1983 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2007 | 2008

Team: 🇮🇹 Scuderia Ferrari
Base: 🇮🇹 Maranello, Italy

Team principal: Frédéric Vasseur
Technical director(s): Enrico Cardile, Enrico Gualtieri.

Race drivers:
🇲🇨 Charles LECLERC 16
🇪🇸 Carlos SAINZ JR. 55

Chassis: TBD (SF-24?)
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

This thread is to discuss the 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 TEAM
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 12 Jan 2024, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Schippke
Schippke

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Ferrari extends Rory Byrne’s F1 contract:

Even after two years, Rory Byrne continues to collaborate with Ferrari on their 2024 Formula 1 car.

While Byrne had success during the Michael Schumacher era, his current efforts with Ferrari haven't outperformed the designs created by Red Bull's Adrian Newey and Pierre Wache.

Fellow former F1 driver Marc Surer also sees the hand of great Ferrari designer Rory Byrne, whose consultancy contract has just been extended.

“The extension of the contract sounds like a huge thank you,”

“Byrne seems to have done a super job in his role. The Ferrari this year has similar characteristics to the Schumacher Ferraris – fast everywhere and in all conditions, great traction and always getting the best from the tires.”

“That is clearly Byrne’s signature,”

F1 legend Gerhard Berger thinks Byrne’s influence may have helped Ferrari to minimize the downsides of the ground effect ‘porpoising’ that has caught out many other teams.

“In his own way, Byrne is just as much a genius as Newey,”

“Even in the 80s we had big problems with the so-called bouncing, the extreme hopping of the cars on the straight.”

“Byrne is a guarantee that Ferrari will remain at the top level throughout the season,”

VIA: [AutoRacing1]
Don’t know how on Earth Marc has any clue about the 2024 car… seems as if this article was just pieced together out of thin air honestly…

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Is there some reason why this thread doesn't move to the top when you post in it? I tested posting in some other team threads and it went to the top. I post here and it doesn't move. That could be why people are accidentally posting in the 2023 thread.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 21:34
Nice thread opener. You weren't going to let us forget :wink: :lol:
I wrote WDC x16 and added 2008, but decided to wait for the official ruling :wink:

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 22:05
Is there some reason why this thread doesn't move to the top when you post in it? I tested posting in some other team threads and it went to the top. I post here and it doesn't move. That could be why people are accidentally posting in the 2023 thread.
Top threads are "sticky" threads, Mods will do this soon. I reported this one and McL threads for them to do it

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Schippke wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 12:33
Ferrari extends Rory Byrne’s F1 contract:

Even after two years, Rory Byrne continues to collaborate with Ferrari on their 2024 Formula 1 car.

While Byrne had success during the Michael Schumacher era, his current efforts with Ferrari haven't outperformed the designs created by Red Bull's Adrian Newey and Pierre Wache.

Fellow former F1 driver Marc Surer also sees the hand of great Ferrari designer Rory Byrne, whose consultancy contract has just been extended.

“The extension of the contract sounds like a huge thank you,”

“Byrne seems to have done a super job in his role. The Ferrari this year has similar characteristics to the Schumacher Ferraris – fast everywhere and in all conditions, great traction and always getting the best from the tires.”

“That is clearly Byrne’s signature,”

F1 legend Gerhard Berger thinks Byrne’s influence may have helped Ferrari to minimize the downsides of the ground effect ‘porpoising’ that has caught out many other teams.

“In his own way, Byrne is just as much a genius as Newey,”

“Even in the 80s we had big problems with the so-called bouncing, the extreme hopping of the cars on the straight.”

“Byrne is a guarantee that Ferrari will remain at the top level throughout the season,”

VIA: [AutoRacing1]
Don’t know how on Earth Marc has any clue about the 2024 car… seems as if this article was just pieced together out of thin air honestly…
https://www.autoracing1.com/pl/363882/f ... -contract/

Don’t know what they are trying to achieve, but Surer’s quotes are dated April 14, 2022.
It even looks like they are insulting Byrne as they say Costa made him look good, if I read it correctly.

MTL79
MTL79

I'm not certain anyone really knows what Rory Byrne's involvement is, but given the struggles this team has had over the last decade, could it be that maybe his input is not relevant any longer?

It's not my intention to single out anyone, I'm just asking the question.

Vanja #66

MTL79 wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 19:37
I'm not certain anyone really knows what Rory Byrne's involvement is, but given the struggles this team has had over the last decade, could it be that maybe his input is not relevant any longer?

It's not my intention to single out anyone, I'm just asking the question.
Whenever the cars were better lately, Byrne was more involved. When he wasn't, cars were unfortunately worse. He was actually more involved with SF-23 after the launch and barely involved in the launch spec, Andi76 can give more details.

At no time since 2006 was he fully involved as an engineer as far as I know, only as a consultant. So it's not to be expected he had actual decision-making authority, rather only giving advice to those who did make decisions.

However in 22 and 23, the car itself was not the biggest problem for Ferrari and this is why Binotto was asked to step down as TP and resume "only" as TD.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

f1316
f1316

I wonder if Simone Resta will make his way back to Ferrari again now he’s out at Haas. My impression of the cars he generally worked in at Ferrari was that they were among the better ones.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1316 wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 07:04
I wonder if Simone Resta will make his way back to Ferrari again now he’s out at Haas. My impression of the cars he generally worked in at Ferrari was that they were among the better ones.
I had the impresson that Resta did not like the Ferrari politics which is why he left. Binotto is gone so maybe he see's differently or found that working in a small team is not fun.

f1316
f1316

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 01:45
f1316 wrote:
I had the impresson that Resta did not like the Ferrari politics which is why he left. Binotto is gone so maybe he see's differently or found that working in a small team is not fun.
I assumed they essentially placed him there (as they had previously at Alfa) as part of the budget cap reduction. I could be totally wrong, of course.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1316 wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 04:49
AR3-GP wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 01:45
f1316 wrote:
I assumed they essentially placed him there (as they had previously at Alfa) as part of the budget cap reduction. I could be totally wrong, of course.
His Alfa appointment came in 2018. This was before any notion of a budget cap. My impression was that he and Binotto did not see eye to eye so he left. Considering that he went to be TD at Alfa and Haas, then this is probably what he wanted to do at Ferrari but Binotto stood in the way. Funny because the beginning of 2018 was their best car in a long time and he had a hand in it. Then it got worse after he left.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Thread on Marko statements on Sainz. As i said multiple times, he is a very difficult teammate to have, especially with specific cars (understeery, front limited).
Thinking that drivers like Max or Lewis would have been miles faster than him is completely crazy.

BMMR61

Xyz22 wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 00:48

Thread on Marko statements on Sainz. As i said multiple times, he is a very difficult teammate to have, especially with specific cars (understeery, front limited).
Thinking that drivers like Max or Lewis would have been miles faster than him is completely crazy.
I am a big fan of Carlos and it amazes me how he divides the opinions of fans. Certainly this doesn't seem to be the case among teams and team managers so it must be a blind Leclerc fanbase who worship at the altar of raw speed - which Charles certainly possesses in heaps. There's a lot of speculation that Ferrari are reluctant to offer Carlos a multi-year extension which would seem like a strange decision by Freddy. Certainly he seems to favour Charles to a degree, nothing wrong with that, but this driver combination seems to me to be very complimentary. If Checo gets off to a bad start with the RB20 then I don't think Carlos would not be on Christian's shopping list, so Fred's reluctance seems all the more dangerous.

Vanja #66

"Eddie Jordan believes Charles Leclerc is the only person who can seriously challenge Max Verstappen"

https://scuderiafans.com/eddie-jordan-b ... erstappen/

“For me, Max Verstappen is a mix between Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher. I see only one challenger for him, namely Charles Leclerc. Ferrari must give him a car equal to Red Bull; otherwise, there won’t be any excitement.” And he concluded: “If I had a top team and couldn’t sign Max, there would be only 2 drivers capable of facing Verstappen: one is Charles Leclerc, the other is Lando Norris. I simply don’t believe that Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, despite being great champions, would be able to keep up with Max Verstappen, due to their age.”

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

BMMR61 wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 03:39

I am a big fan of Carlos and it amazes me how he divides the opinions of fans. Certainly this doesn't seem to be the case among teams and team managers so it must be a blind Leclerc fanbase who worship at the altar of raw speed - which Charles certainly possesses in heaps. There's a lot of speculation that Ferrari are reluctant to offer Carlos a multi-year extension which would seem like a strange decision by Freddy. Certainly he seems to favour Charles to a degree, nothing wrong with that, but this driver combination seems to me to be very complimentary. If Checo gets off to a bad start with the RB20 then I don't think Carlos would not be on Christian's shopping list, so Fred's reluctance seems all the more dangerous.

Carlos's father just won the Dakar rally and the manner in which he did it just made me think of Sainz Jnr. Sainz Snr did not win any stage outright at the Dakar Rally, but he won the Rally. Sainz Jnr said on twitter that his father outsmarted the competition.

Now you can see where Sainz Jnr gets his inspiration. Like father like son. Sainz Jnr might not be the fastest F1 driver out there but seems to possess those intangible qualities that make defeating him involve much more than simply being quicker.

Sainz does not have a history of drama on the track with his teammates. Near the line but never over it and I don't have any memory of him crashing into a teammate. I think he fits the current Ferrari. He is a very unproblematic driver. Leclerc also benefitted from having Sainz as a teammate. Leclerc started to learn the importance of politics off the track.

Fred is playing a strange game. RB will happily have him back.