2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MrGapes

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

YESS!

mwillems

Yeah we had some luck, but it was clear that when in clean air we had the fastest car. You need the driver and the car to take advantage of the luck and we do.

Only one race before Red Bull and Ferrari bring their own package, but I'll reiterate this is over .4s in the upgrade and it is a very big deal.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

propercare
propercare

mwillems wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:41
Turns out those top speed charts don't know jack sh*t about anything important lol
On first attack on Danny Ric, Piastri had around 351km/h as far as I've seen.. So yeah.

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:49
Now imagine if Perez took out Verstappen in the first lap - and we got the win. We would think it's a lucky win.

Amazing work by the team. Lando saying he knew they had the pace on Friday. The upgrade is good, hopefully there is not a huge swing in Imola.
That's the thing, this is not a favorable track. Neither should be Imola to be fair, but hell of a lot better than Miami.

CjC
CjC

Yea Boi!!!!

I apologise for my comments earlier in the weekend…. I TOLD YOU HE WAS THE FASTEST PACKAGE THIS WEEKEND :D :D
Just a fan's point of view

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

The single beam wing config, and the general reduction in drag top side, has made the car quite the beast.

That floor produces a shed load of good downforce. Almost a shame others got to see it this weekend.

Darth-Piekus

As CJC said when you have the best package for once you got to maximise it.

mwillems

Emag wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:50
FittingMechanics wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:49
Now imagine if Perez took out Verstappen in the first lap - and we got the win. We would think it's a lucky win.

Amazing work by the team. Lando saying he knew they had the pace on Friday. The upgrade is good, hopefully there is not a huge swing in Imola.
That's the thing, this is not a favorable track. Neither should be Imola to be fair, but hell of a lot better than Miami.
Straight line speed is very good, Imola should be good, depending on what other teams bring.

We've nothing to fear from any circuit I don't think, the car looks to be well rounded. The nose looks strong in clean air, dirty air and in all corners. A very good proving ground and a very good result here.

-Bandit

mwillems

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:51
The single beam wing config, and the general reduction in drag top side, has made the car quite the beast.

That floor produces a shed load of good downforce. Almost a shame others got to see it this weekend.
You'll see in time that a lot of the time on the straight is more from the way can exit the corners on to the straights. Top speed was always good, and it is a little better, but it wasn't the differentiator here.

-Bandit

Vanja #66

Well done Mclaren, well deserved! There was absolutely no luck involved today, SC is a guarantee here and Norris took it long as Max did last year and got the win he deserved. Very strong pace today at all times, good job on upgrades

Clearly, yesterday they sat down and made a few changes to clear the overheating issues and it worked. Kudos team, very happy for Ferrari's "boy" Stella, great mind and a great strategist 8)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Emag
Emag

Vanja #66 wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:54
Well done Mclaren, well deserved! There was absolutely no luck involved today, SC is a guarantee here and Norris took it long as Max did last year and got the win he deserved. Very strong pace today at all times, good job on upgrades

Clearly, yesterday they sat down and made a few changes to clear the overheating issues and it worked. Kudos team, very happy for Ferrari's "boy" Stella, great mind and a great strategist 8)
Stella absolutely has been a hidden gem on that team. I am glad Zak saw the potential and gave him the reins.

Words are appreciated. Hopefully more battles in the future. I hope Ferrari upgrades work well in Imola (but not too well haha).

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Great job from McLaren and Lando... Many predicted they would eat their tyres in high track temperatures but race pace and deg was amazing.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

mwillems

Lando is going to be w*nkered tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Bandit

foxivan
foxivan

tears in my eyes, so happy for the team.

mwillems

CjC wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:48
mwillems wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:40
CjC wrote:
04 May 2024, 23:35

Lando just said he wishes he could go back to Fridays set up….
To soon for a gentle and well meaning tease? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can tease me ALL week after a Lando win:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good man! ahahahaha

-Bandit