Super Aguri enter stage left!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Scuderia_Russ

joseff wrote: PS: It's 1:24AM and I'm staying up for Steve Jobs' keynote. Anybody else?
Tell me more... especially seeing as it's only 18:30 here.

joseff

Also updated: New sculpted sidepods, flipups, winglets, chimneys. Plus a midwing.

Scuderia_Russ

Carbon
Carbon

With the arrival of the SA aero package, does anyone have lap times or comparisons, pre/post aero upgrades?

Sawtooth-spike

If the honda and the arrows had a baby, this would be it
Its got its fathers engine and its mothers nose.

i dont think they have done a bad job if you look at the time frame and the chassis they where working from.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

wkdtk
wkdtk

You know what?
I have to agree and give them some credit.

The car looks very streamlined at the back, and much cleaner aerodynamicly. The sidepods lower nicely to below the top wishbones like all the other current cars. It is much more up to date.

The main flaw remains that big bulge behind Taku's shoulders that looks like a grocery storage compartment. :?

Not bad at all!
Will it be enough? I think not. :roll:
Honestly and obviously... and honestly.

greenpower dude reloaded

i think that it is incredible to think thats not thier new car! i mean what a difference! natrually im not expecting them to be front runners.... yet but i truly belive that they will be up there eventually (3-5 seasons? assuming that the championship hasn't been abandoned or they've just left lol) especially when they have proved the world what they can do after a few months.

as for the lumps next to the drivers head wouldn't they be more aerodynamic than the parts all f1 cars have there due to the rules? i dunno just a thought. :D

Sawtooth-spike

is it just me or are the side pod intakes really small
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

zac510
zac510

Yeah good on them for giving it a shot :)

and who the f--- is Samantha Kingz?

jezzwa

OMG seriously F1 teams need to get more creative with their liverys, ANOTHER team red and white, nothing like being original ](*,) , i know they are related to Honda but really all the teams are beginning to become the same, we got the 2 red bulls, the 3 red and white cars (toyota, Honda & SA) the only teams that are different are Mclaren and Renault :cry:
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

wkdtk wrote:The main flaw remains that big bulge behind Taku's shoulders that looks like a grocery storage compartment.
Personally, I beieve the main flaw is the bulge ON Taku's shoulders.
But this new development of SA represents a lot of hard work by many nameless technicians. Gotta give credit where it is due, and they have worked wonders.

fwa2500

wow....considering what it started as and the time frame, it looks a damn good :D

cant even tell it was an Arrows aside from the keels.......very tight sidepods........best of luck to them! welcome to the sport!

Scuderia_Russ

jezzwa wrote:OMG seriously F1 teams need to get more creative with their liverys, ANOTHER team red and white, nothing like being original ](*,) , i know they are related to Honda but really all the teams are beginning to become the same, we got the 2 red bulls, the 3 red and white cars (toyota, Honda & SA) the only teams that are different are Mclaren and Renault :cry:
To be fair I think livery is the last thing on Super Aguri's mind!

vyselegend

That's done! Montagny has just being confirmed for third driver duties. That's a good thing for him to be able to stay in F1, but I don't think he can see his futur here with SA, knowing the "nationalist" spirit of the japanese team, he'll never have a race seat...

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I agree, Japanese teams like Honda, Toyota, and SA would love to win any title with a Japanese car, engine, tires, and driver. And we must never froget SA was born out of Honda's reaction to Japanese fans. That is the real market they are catering to, and targeting.