2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
muhammadtalha.13893
muhammadtalha.13893

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Rosberg complained about engine cutting power thats why gap is so big. He is still faster in S3 than hamilton. Most of the time was lost in first sector alone.

According to Sky

f1316
f1316

Juzh wrote:I believe vettel didin't even attempt a final run. He's got 2 laps on his tires, but both of those were outlaps.
Yes and vettel didn't really improve on q2, so I don't think the Williams is necessarily faster- could have gone either way.

Seb thinks he could got p3 but I think race pace will be in Ferrari's favour.

iotar__

- Massa faster than Bottas/Vettel/Raikkonen. I don't think it's possible because he's not the same after incident, has no champion's gene and no hype. As expected it is pretty funny and shame on the other three.

- Lotus slower than Toro Rosso and one second behind Williams - perfect prediction, I don't know how they plan to close such gap.
- boring one stopper if it's dry, classic old school pseudo racing, what did they expect??
- did boy-genius' Senna reputation suffer? No "he's only 17 and to be there at such...yadda, yadda " ;-) no result will change it, only good news marketing
- Sauber 2,7 behind, those saying 1,3 was way too close were right, even if drivers are responsible for large chunk of it

gray41

Ron almost can't talk on skyf1! Almost feel bad...
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Shakeman

Penny for Ron's thoughts. 5 seconds off the pace...

Shakeman

gray41 wrote:Ron almost can't talk on skyf1! Almost feel bad...
Yeah, but I bet you can eat you dinner off the garage floor so it's not all bad news...

LionKing
LionKing

They don't have an excuse either.
Sure others have 1 year on their PUs but McLaren's situation is even worse than Renault's last year at this time.

zeph
zeph

FWIW, the fastest Q lap last year was 1.30.775 (Ricciardo Q1).

GPR-A duplicate2

I remember people arguing of "THEORY OF DIMINISHING RETURNS", "THEY ARE CLOSER TO OPTIMUM" blah blah blah. If diminishing returns means, a large increase in qualifying gap, then I accept it. 1.3 Second gap to next best car, howz anyone going to catch up? Because last year, Mercs were closer in qualifying than in Races.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqY1WqRH65Q#t=59

Jeez, i can't remember the last time i've seen Ron Dennis like that

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqY1WqRH65Q#t=59
So the strategy is: try not to destroy the engine. It's not racing, it's still testing, and it smells like it's still testing what should have been tested in the first pre-season test. This won't be a long season, it's starting to feel like it will be a lost season.

SparkyAMG

muhammadtalha.13893 wrote:Rosberg complained about engine cutting power thats why gap is so big. He is still faster in S3 than hamilton. Most of the time was lost in first sector alone.

According to Sky
That issue was at Turn 15 in Q2 specifically... It was fine in Q3. Sky did an analysis showing the differences in their approaches to the 1st Sector... Clearly Lewis's was the best approach.

GPR-A duplicate2

Pole Lap

Lasse-E
Lasse-E

Jef Patat wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqY1WqRH65Q#t=59
So the strategy is: try not to destroy the engine. It's not racing, it's still testing, and it smells like it's still testing what should have been tested in the first pre-season test. This won't be a long season, it's starting to feel like it will be a lost season.
Edit: Added Link

K-Mag, seemed surprisingly upbeat and confident about his own performance when interviewed by Danish TV3 Sport after qualifying, Saying that he would have been faster then Button, if he hadn't had extra problems with the engine on his last run in Q3.
And when asked about the time frame for recovery on the engine performance, he was more straightforward than any thing I have heard from Mclaren/Honda so far, simply replying: I don't think that it will happen this year.

Don't know if this will be available outside Denmark, and it is all so in Danish.
http://www.tv3sport.dk/motorsport/nyhed ... nd-button/
Last edited by Lasse-E on 14 Mar 2015, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Chene_Mostert

GPR-A wrote:I remember people arguing of "THEORY OF DIMINISHING RETURNS", "THEY ARE CLOSER TO OPTIMUM" blah blah blah. If diminishing returns means, a large increase in qualifying gap, then I accept it. 1.3 Second gap to next best car, howz anyone going to catch up? Because last year, Mercs were closer in qualifying than in Races.
Lets wait and see!
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake