2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Watto
Watto

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 05:56
Only now I realize that this Austrian weekend broke another myth on the Ferrari. After Canada the pundits and half this forum were talking about how the new rear wing from Ferrari was bad for traction because Leclerc couldn't pass Ocon, who had 23 laps younger tires.

So yeah... Someone should keep track of the "expert" opinions.
I think with the new cars aero you can't really make the Ferarri/RB/Merc tracks because they are all too different aero wide to make much of a call compared to what the established design concepts.Maybe in a hear or two but now they are just too different

Andres125sx

RTruth41 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 12:33
Andres125sx wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 08:03
JPower wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 16:49

The correct takes.

Renault, McLaren, and Ferrari have left Sainz to make strategy calls repeatedly especially in inclement weather). Why? Because he's actually good at it. That's a skill he has. He'll probably do it again at some point this season.

For some people to act like its some affront to their sensibilities is hilarious but unsurprising. :lol:

No matter, Ferrari is happy with him and those who don't like it will have to deal with it for another two seasons.

I still think Ferrari has a top 2 pairing on the grid and hopefully the second half of this season will bare that out. Let's hope for the best. They are still in the fight.
Indeed.

Funny how some people try to know better than Ferrari, who has said repeatedly Sainz is a good team player and a good strategist, but there has always been armchair experts and that will never change
Don't tell me ...you actually believe what these teams say in PR and interviews. Ferrari still claims they did the right strategy at Silverstone . Does anyone believe that ?
I don´t need to believe them, I have eyes on my face :wink:

Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd, wich is normal. Drivers also have an opinion, and a POV no strategist enjoy with first hand feelings about tires etc.

Also, all teams he´s been in have said the same, he´s a team player. Said by STR, Renault, McLaren and Ferrari. But I´m sure some people think they know better than all of them :lol:

Andres125sx

Laserguru wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 17:30
as for the engine they stated choosing power over reliability so I would say it is all about risk management. I cannot believe they are less knowledgeable.
This season PU development is banned, except if it´s for reliability upgrades, so it´s perfectly normal they chose power over reliability. A powerful PU wich is not reliable can be upgraded to achieve a powerful and reliable PU, but a weak and reliable PU can´t be upgraded and will be a weak PU the whole season

Tenkes89

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 08:08
Laserguru wrote:
as for the engine they stated choosing power over reliability so I would say it is all about risk management. I cannot believe they are less knowledgeable.
This season PU development is banned, except if it´s for reliability upgrades, so it´s perfectly normal they chose power over reliability. A powerful PU wich is not reliable can be upgraded to achieve a powerful and reliable PU, but a weak and reliable PU can´t be upgraded and will be a weak PU the whole season
The engine can be developed until September 2022, after which the performance will be frozen.

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 07:58
Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd

Also, all teams he´s been in have said the same, he´s a team player
You see, now, those two statements contradict each other. The first one is (slightly biased and driver-centric) assessment of facts, while the other is your own opinion, making your opinion contradictory to facts. So... what's it gonna be?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

bluechris

Tenkes89 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Laserguru wrote:
The engine can be developed until September 2022, after which the performance will be frozen.
Not the ICE itself.

Andres125sx

Tenkes89 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 08:36
Andres125sx wrote:
Laserguru wrote:
Are you sure of that? Because I'd say that's not correct

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 08:38
Andres125sx wrote:
Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd

Also, all teams he´s been in have said the same, he´s a team player
You see, now, those two statements contradict each other. The first one is (slightly biased and driver-centric) assessment of facts, while the other is your own opinion, making your opinion contradictory to facts. So... what's it gonna be?
It's gonna be common sense, he obey TOs but he also have a brain and an opinion.

Or maybe you disagree with the statement that Monaco and Silverstone orders were completely absurd? :o Because that is a fact too

Xyz22
Xyz22

F1NAC wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 08:13
I wonder how will f175 behave in France. Last year that was the worst race for the team.
The chassis is completely different from last year (thank god) so i don't see why the F1 75 shouldn't be competitive. Australia, Spain (even though the last sector put a huge stress on rear tyres usually the most stressed tyre is the front left) and Silverstone are also front limited track and the performance was really good.

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 11:46
It's gonna be common sense, he obey TOs but he also have a brain and an opinion.

Or maybe you disagree with the statement that Monaco and Silverstone orders were completely absurd? :o Because that is a fact too
So in the end, we came to an understanding. Both about skills and being a team player.

Absurd orders? At the very least, his refusal to keep away and protect Leclerc denied Ferrari a 1-2. He had more than enough pace to protect Leclerc until the final lap, where he could have asked for position switch and would have gotten it 1000%. His refusal of team strategy in Monaco delayed Ferrari's call for Leclerc and cost him an easy win. Nothing absurd about it.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Watto
Watto

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 12:34
Andres125sx wrote:

So in the end, we came to an understanding. Both about skills and being a team player.

Absurd orders? At the very least, his refusal to keep away and protect Leclerc denied Ferrari a 1-2. He had more than enough pace to protect Leclerc until the final lap, where he could have asked for position switch and would have gotten it 1000%. His refusal of team strategy in Monaco delayed Ferrari's call for Leclerc and cost him an easy win. Nothing absurd about it.
Surely the driver has some input into things, Lewis for years has made calls on tyres lasting most drivers so, data can only show so much sometimes its how much the driver on the track feels is the car struggling will they be able to skip the inters.

Being asked to give Charles 10 car lenths on a race restart is a pretty stupid team call was only going to put Sainz under pressure from behind with everying bottled up, it they did get past him quick enough Charles was going to be easy to catch realy with old tyres I think he has played the team game when its been fair even if its cost him.

JPower
JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 12:34
Andres125sx wrote:

Extremely absurd. That’s why the split second decision was made. In Monaco, no one told him that his decision would effect Charles’ race and frankly, that’s not his concern. At that time, he was allowed to control his race.

In times where the team has asked him to do what the team needed with clear instruction, he has done what was needed to be done.

I really can’t believe you’re still going on about this.

codetower

Andres125sx wrote:
Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd, wich is normal.

This is basically the same as NOT being a team player. "I'll follow orders, as long as I agree with them".

As I've said before, I understand Carlos wanting that first win, and I don't necessarily blame him. I would be surprised at ANY driver in that position not thinking/doing the same. But not following those team orders were absolutely selfish in nature, and against being a "team player".

JPower
JPower

codetower wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 17:20
Andres125sx wrote:
Sainz has followed all TOs he´s received except if they were absurd, wich is normal.

This is basically the same as NOT being a team player. "I'll follow orders, as long as I agree with them".

As I've said before, I understand Carlos wanting that first win, and I don't necessarily blame him. I would be surprised at ANY driver in that position not thinking/doing the same. But not following those team orders were absolutely selfish in nature, and against being a "team player".
If that's the case, we should delete "team player" from the F1 lexicon. If every driver would've done it(99% sure Leclerc would've jumped at the first opportunity), then its useless as a positive description.

To me, not being a team player means outwardly fighting, not sharing telemetry, talking badly about the car and team, and generally causing uproar on and off the track.

I don't see either current Ferrari driver in that light. They work together, they help develop the car together, and in general are positive about the team and its development.

LM10
LM10

#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "Ferrari has a very good car. What surprises me is that everyone copies the Red Bull, but no one copies the Ferrari. Which simply shows that no team knows why the Ferrari is so fast."

#AMuS Schmidt: "With the Red Bull, teams sort of think they know the reason, but with the Ferrari, no one knows."

#AMuS Is there a theory? Flexibility of the floor?
Schmidt: "Mercedes suspects that, but they also suspect that Red Bull is doing something with the floor. That will be seen in Spa. In my opinion there won't be much change in terms of performance level."

#AMuS Schmidt: "One thing is clear, in my opinion, the great strength of the F1-75 is that it is always and everywhere fast. It's fast in different ground clearances, they have an engine that's incredibly elastic, that's easy to drive. It gives the drivers confidence."

#AMuS Schmidt: "And the F1-75 is good-natured. Cold or hot weather, no matter what tyre compound, Ferrari are always there somehow."
#tami.