As Cadillac officially enters F1 from 2028, Cadillac needs 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler & tuner partner

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.

Who will become Cadillac's 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler and tuner partner?

Ilmor Engineering Ltd.
52%
Ricardo plc.
10%
Cosworth
33%
Gibson (Zytek)
No votes
Hart
No votes
Judd
No votes
AER
No votes
PURE Engineering
5%

Total votes: 21

theriusDR3
theriusDR3

As Cadillac officially enters F1 from 2028, Cadillac needs 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler & tuner partner

Andretti and Cadillac

As US car manufacturers usually utilized 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler and tuner partner for racing engines, Cadillac may seeking their 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler and tuner partner for better engine development just like Ford with Red Bull Powertrains Technology in Formula 1 as well as Roush Yates Engines in NASCAR and Chevrolet with Hendrick and Earnhardt Childress in NASCAR as well as Ilmor in IndyCar Series.

wuzak
wuzak

Re: As Cadillac officially enters F1 from 2028, Cadillac needs 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler & tuner par

Zynerji wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 15:15
I vote Yamaha.
I think Ilmor is most likely.

They have developed some of Chevy's Indycar engines, including, IIRC, the current one.

FromGP2toWDC

Re: As Cadillac officially enters F1 from 2028, Cadillac needs 3rd party engine designer, builder, assembler & tuner par

Ilmor most likely, they have a working relationship with GM in Indycar already.

FW17

FromGP2toWDC wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 04:00
Ilmor most likely, they have a working relationship with GM in Indycar already.
Not open and shut case with Ilmore. If I remember right, Ilmore is part owned by Penske.