2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:02
Wouter wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:00
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 14:45

It mentions "insiders" in the piece you linked. That suggest more than just Horner.
I can't find it. Where do you read the word "insiders"?
Not sure "isn't important" is accurate, but perhaps not as important anymore as he is made out to be in the eyes of the media and fans. Brings to mind this article from a few weeks ago.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Cs98 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Not sure "isn't important" is accurate, but perhaps not as important anymore as he is made out to be in the eyes of the media and fans. Brings to mind this article from a few weeks ago.

I'm of the opinion that no one person in the factory is so important that the whole thing falls apart without them. Yes, some people are better at the job than others, but if Newey (or Wache, or whomever) is so important to the team, why haven't they won everything since the day he moved there up to today? Simple: because that's not how it works. But, as you say, the media (and the fans that believe the media) do like to put individuals on pedestals. Sells copy, I guess.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Paa

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:36
chrstphrln wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:29
Yes, if it hadn't all been so predictable due to Horner and his behaviour...
Max will be next.
It might just be worth sacrificing 2025 to get to know Merc team better in the hope they can challenge in 2026. Although at the moment, I think Aston might even be the better choice long term.
I don't see why should Max give up a relatively sure 2025 for guessing game for 2026?
He can nicely collect 2025 at RB, then stay for 2026, see which team gets it right, then move to that team from 2027.

Red Bull winning 2026 is just as likely as it would be Merc or Aston, no need to take a bet now, especially by giving up on 2025. I assume he will be able to jump to any team at almost anytime when he wants to.

Cs98
Cs98

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:17
Cs98 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:11
Just_a_fan wrote:

I'm of the opinion that no one person in the factory is so important that the whole thing falls apart without them. Yes, some people are better at the job than others, but if Newey (or Wache, or whomever) is so important to the team, why haven't they won everything since the day he moved there up to today? Simple: because that's not how it works. But, as you say, the media (and the fans that believe the media) do like to put individuals on pedestals. Sells copy, I guess.
Agreed, but it's all part of the myth around Newey. The fact we call them "Newey cars" for example, not sure that's an accurate description anymore. He used to draw the whole thing by hand back in the day, those were true "Newey cars". These last few years his involvement has been more patchy and centered around certain aspects of the car, at least for RB18.

Watto
Watto

It would be interesting to know exactly what is behind Neweys decision no doubt Hornergate but is he unhappy with Horners actions or the power struggle/ internal politics isn’t interesting in picking a side etc. Or perhaps even an element of both

f1isgood
f1isgood

Watto wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:46
It would be interesting to know exactly what is behind Neweys decision no doubt Hornergate but is he unhappy with Horners actions or the power struggle/ internal politics isn’t interesting in picking a side etc. Or perhaps even an element of both
It could be anything from old man wants to retire to Horner wants Newey out. It is selling right now and that is all that matters.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Cs98 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:37
He used to draw the whole thing by hand back in the day, those were true "Newey cars".
Back in the day being the 1980s. He hasn't designed a car on his own since he was at March and even then it wouldn't have been just him doing it.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wouter

Just_a_fan wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 14:45
It mentions "insiders" in the piece you linked. That suggest more than just Horner.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sat- ... /10561356/
Ah, oké. Thanks. I thought in the Motorsport article. Erik van Haren indeed mentioned "insiders".
The Power of Dreams!

Vanja #66

Paa wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:22
I don't see why should Max give up a relatively sure 2025 for guessing game for 2026?
He can nicely collect 2025 at RB, then stay for 2026, see which team gets it right, then move to that team from 2027.

Red Bull winning 2026 is just as likely as it would be Merc or Aston, no need to take a bet now, especially by giving up on 2025. I assume he will be able to jump to any team at almost anytime when he wants to.
And what if Ferrari gets it the best? Leclerc is going nowhere, Lewis might even stay in 2027. After that Bearman is the most likely arrival. Sure, they can make room for Max if Bearman underperforms big time, but with his more than decent debut - that looks highly unlikely

Red Bull, VCARB, Audi and Alpine have very little chance to fight for 2026 title based solely on PU design maturity. That's clear. Why else would Max even consider leaving? Because he cares about moral integrity more than winning races and titles? Come on guys :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Wouter

Verstappen and Mercedes: Things get serious after Miami

After Adrian Newey, Red Bull is also in danger of losing Max Verstappen. Negotiations with Mercedes are scheduled.

In the 14 days after the event in Florida and the European opener in Imola, there will be concrete negotiations between Mercedes and the Verstappen team - consisting of the driver himself, his father Jos and manager Raymond Vermeulen. As F1-Insider.com learned, Mercedes F1 team shareholders Toto Wolff, CEO Ola Källenius and Sir James Ratcliffe (Ineos) want to meet with the Verstappen clan.

The Dutchman will then decide whether he wants to move to Mercedes next year. This is made possible by an exit clause in his contract, which states: If his mentor and confidant Helmut Marko (Red Bull motorsport consultant) is no longer on board, the winning Dutchman can leave the Red Bull ship early. Marko, that's for sure, won't stand in Verstappen's way if necessary.

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-verstap ... gen-63046/
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 17:11
Paa wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:22

And what if Ferrari gets it the best? Leclerc is going nowhere, Lewis might even stay in 2027. After that Bearman is the most likely arrival. Sure, they can make room for Max if Bearman underperforms big time, but with his more than decent debut - that looks highly unlikely

Red Bull, VCARB, Audi and Alpine have very little chance to fight for 2026 title based solely on PU design maturity. That's clear. Why else would Max even consider leaving? Because he cares about moral integrity more than winning races and titles? Come on guys :)
Indeed. With red bull's decision to build their own PU from scratch, it made Max's options seem like Ferrari, AMR and Mercedes. Maybe Max would've stayed to see if RB could do something with RBPT, but the power struggle maybe just accelerated his inevitable departure.

Ferrari is now off the table and AMR seem to be persisting with Stroll so Merc seems obvious to me

organic

Horner undermining the team

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/mark ... -personal/
It’s not as if Newey would be departing because of a general malaise within the team, either; this is very much a personal issue based around the Christian Horner controversy regarding the employee who served as PA to both Horner and Newey.

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 18:55

It’s not as if Newey would be departing because of a general malaise within the team, either; this is very much a personal issue based around the Christian Horner controversy regarding the employee who served as PA to both Horner and Newey.
How?

Looks like Newey's the one having an issue with whatever happened between Horner and their common PA. Initially you said Horner's trying to take power away.

I wonder what role the PA plays in all of this. She seems to be more important to RBR at this point than any other employee. Jos, Adrian, Christian... so Marko when?

Venturiation
Venturiation

organic wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 18:55

that mean he can break the contract now and not wait until 2025

ME4ME

Personally I think Newey may got inspired by Hamiltons move to Ferrari. Basically a last chance career wise to take on a new challenge. Both have achieved all they can with their teams and might just need a new environment to relight their passion.