2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Agree. That second lap DRS was done so that the leader has a disadvantage to create spectacle.

venkyhere
venkyhere

AR3-GP wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:51
organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:49
Silent Storm wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:47
Max complaining about lack of rear grip.
Is it because of overheating rear tyres or not able to get them into temperature?
Could be just aero balance too.
I think overheating. In the race it will be about bringing the tyres in gently at start of stints.. Which is difficult to do at the beginning of the race
The new DRS rule is a problem. You take too much out of the tire trying to pull a 1 second gap in 1 lap.
Bingo. There is no privilege attached to pole position if all the "clean-air" advantage is going to be wiped off by making DRS available in the first flying lap (lap2). I am thinking it maybe more advantageous to qualify P2 rather than P1 with the new 'DRS from lap2 onwards' rule. What was wrong with waiting one more lap ?
Oh, yes, the 'boring race' claim. I am sure the 2021 season wouldn't have ended in controversy if DRS was made available in lap2 itself.

organic

I think overall it wasn't particularly great. I was struggling with the balance of the car, and couldn't find the rear balance.

So, it wasn't particularly what I liked. We definitely need to make some changes to the car."

Looks like Max was running low PU modes compared to Perez though

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:35
I think overall it wasn't particularly great. I was struggling with the balance of the car, and couldn't find the rear balance.

So, it wasn't particularly what I liked. We definitely need to make some changes to the car."

Looks like Max was running low PU modes compared to Perez though
Hasn't Max being doing this for a while now? Even last year his race trim PU mode seemed very low. Although I guess it has more to do with Perez being in traffic as usual as opposed to Max who is happy to do his thing in free air

Sergej
Sergej

I think good result considering the setup was a mess ? Hopefully they nail the changes like in China and improve the car.

kediown

Is it hopium from Ferrari fans or has it been confirmed that RB20 won't get an update at Imola? Because I remember Wache saying there'll be big upgrades coming on Japan and Imola.

Sergej
Sergej

also Newey said that by race 7 the car would have looked very different with a big upgrade incoming, which seems logic because Japan upgrade was planned way before season starting so they must have been working on another upgrade for 3 months now, which is a reasonable time to deliver.

Wouter

Red Bull’s pitstop guru Jonathan Wheatley could be next to leave

McLaren chief warned of a Red Bull exodus after Adrian Newey’s departure – now the man behind their speedy pitstops has put feelers out to other teams

Red Bull’s sporting director is considering his future in a sign of increasing uncertainty at Formula 1’s best team.
Jonathan Wheatley, the man who has made Red Bull the fastest team at pitstops, could become the latest key member of staff to leave after the announcement this week that Adrian Newey, their chief technical officer, will quit at the end of the season.
The Times understands that Wheatley, 56, holds long-term ambitions to become a team principal and has been sounding out other teams on the grid. Red Bull have been approached for comment.
----------------
----------------
Wheatley has been at Red Bull since 2006 and is part of the key senior team. Among his duties as sporting director is to oversee the pitstop crew who have consistently produced the quickest times in recent years, including an excellent double-stack stop, changing the tyres on Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez’s cars in just 3.95 seconds at the Chinese Grand Prix.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/formul ... -n9g0wrcs2

The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wheatley should have already been promoted to team principal at Red Bull...

I think the changes went well after the sprint. No complaints from Verstappen so far.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
04 May 2024, 22:29
He should have already been promoted to team principal at Red Bull...
Correct

Also which team are looking for one right now? It would seem most positions have recently been occupied.

As for changes to setup. Seems there is more understeer in RB20

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

7 poles in a row. Senna owns the record at 8.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 22:31
AR3-GP wrote:
04 May 2024, 22:29
He should have already been promoted to team principal at Red Bull...
Correct
I fully agree!!
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Max said in post qualy interview that he thinks they improved the car.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
04 May 2024, 23:07
Max said in post qualy interview that he thinks they improved the car.
Still quick enough for pole by a margin and seems to have a fair bit of understeer (which going by past events like hungary, bahrain) suggests they will manage the rear tyres okay tomorrow