2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yooogurt

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 13:16
What i said is that the Team failed to understand that the F1 75 concept would have not worked with these new changes. They made a conservative decision of sticking with just an evolution of the F1 75 which ended up losing 1.5 years of development compared to Red Bull as everyone now switched to the downwash concept.
This may have been due to correlation problems (which we are still seeing with Mercedes), where on the simulator and in the aero tunnel the data is excellent, but on the track it doesn't work. It's hard to realize that a concept won't work when the data shows otherwise.
FORZA FERRARI!

Andres125sx

taperoo2k wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 14:55
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 03:07
taperoo2k wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 21:21

Working with Lewis and helping him win another title might be what swings Newey towards Ferrari. I expect with this story coming out now, it won't be long til we find out if it's in fact correct and where he's headed. Red Bull's PR seems to be scrambling at the moment.
Umm Leclerc is still there. And is their #1 driver.
He'll have to prove that on track against Lewis. If he's got the chops to beat Lewis, then he'll remain number 1.
Edit: sorry I misunderstood the message. Agree
Last edited by Andres125sx on 28 Apr 2024, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 21:33
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 21:14
Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 21:07

There is no #1 driver in Ferrari since 2013, Vettel was quicker than Kimi but was not given preferential treatment. One of the reasons Ferrari didn't win any title in 17/18.
Nonsense. Vettel was signed as a 4x champ and was the #1 driver. Everyone knows this.
I'd get my facts straight before saying everyone knows something, but that's just me :)
Actually, you just didn´t, with a pretty bold statement about equal treatment at Ferrari, so move down from your altar, your Excellency :P

Everybody watched past season, when Ferrari stopped Carlos from attacking Charles, while when situation was the opposite (Carlos ahead in Monza), Ferrari allowed Charles attacking Carlos, and risking very valuable points for the team.

That´s exactly the opposite to equal treatment
Last edited by Andres125sx on 28 Apr 2024, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

Andres125sx wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 11:37
Everybody watched past season, when Ferrari stopped Carlos from attacking Charles, while when situation was the opposite (Carlos ahead in Monza), Ferrari allowed Charles attacking Carlos, and risking very valuable points for the team.
Funny how you forgot about Singapore, which was after Monza, where Charles was told not to attack Carlos from the beginning of the race. And what's more, he was creating a gap to protect Carlos from undercut.
FORZA FERRARI!

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Andres125sx wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Nonsense. Vettel was signed as a 4x champ and was the #1 driver. Everyone knows this.
I'd get my facts straight before saying everyone knows something, but that's just me :)
Actually, you just didn´t, with a pretty bold statement about equal treatment at Ferrari, so move down from your altar, your Excellency :P

It made sense in Monza. They were not under threat from anyone else and they trust the both of them (or atleast Charles) to not crash in these situations.

The fact is that there are very very few cases when Carlos is actually faster than Charles in race trim and the team knows this. This is especially true if they have qualified close to each other and on similar tyres. So if Carlos is close behind Charles, it is most likely because he is eating up his tyres to stay close while Charles is thinking longer game .

So the teams handling of these situations is completely justified.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Andres125sx wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Or when Charles wasn't allowed to fight Carlos in Australia? <<removed expletive > Charles does not have preferential treatment. You want to see a clear #1, look at Red Bull.

By the way, the Monza fight was only a risk because Sainz decided to defend against his teammate like it was the last race in a WDC battle. If Sainz wasn't a Ferrari driver he gets a penalty for the way he drove, regardless of what Charles said after the race to save face. Let's also not forget about how just last week Carlos pushed Charles off track ruining any chance for a podium in the sprint...
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 29 Apr 2024, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need for bullshit

dialtone
dialtone

That china sprint behavior... Legitimately top 10 stupidest moves I've ever seen

chrstphrln

SoulPancake13 wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 18:46
Andres125sx wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Or when Charles wasn't allowed to fight Carlos in Australia? Your narrative is bullshit, Charles does not have preferential treatment. You want to see a clear #1, look at Red Bull.

By the way, the Monza fight was only a risk because Sainz decided to defend against his teammate like it was the last race in a WDC battle. If Sainz wasn't a Ferrari driver he gets a penalty for the way he drove, regardless of what Charles said after the race to save face. Let's also not forget about how just last week Carlos pushed Charles off track ruining any chance for a podium in the sprint...
Absolutely right.
<<mod edit - No need to be personal - posts were reported and dealt with>>

A more pleasant topic:
Does anyone know why the blue team apparel for Miami that is currently haunting all social media channels continues to be presented completely without the HP sponsor?
Does the contract only apply from 1 May or was there too little time to adapt the clothing?
I find that a bit strange.
Last edited by CMSMJ1 on 29 Apr 2024, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing reference to reported posts and user

Vanja #66

chrstphrln wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 19:55
A more pleasant topic:
Does anyone know why the blue team apparel for Miami that is currently haunting all social media channels continues to be presented completely without the HP sponsor?
Does the contract only apply from 1 May or was there too little time to adapt the clothing?
I find that a bit strange.
The 70 years in NA campaign must have been in the making for months, so who knows when everything was actually prepared. On the other hand, HP announcement was rushed out a bit and came into power immediately. No video edit wizard would be able to add all those HP logos in so much content :mrgreen: No doubt everything the team prepared earlier will include HP logos during the weekend.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

People should remember this No1 driver team philosophy was started by Lewis and Mercedes back in 2017 and 2018 to influence British media and pressure Ferrari.

Fans shouldn't take all this seriously... Teams are there to win, faster driver will always get the best strategy.
Ferrari 2008 and Redbull 2014 are great examples of that.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

ringo

As a neutral observer and ship jumper come 2025, I would say Ferrari does not have #1 status with Charles and Carlos. Times when they should have favoured Charles they didn't to keep Carlos happy. The two were also allowed to fight many times.
Leclerc is favourite son, but that is not imposed on track.
Ferrari historically have had #2 drivers. Alonso vs Massa, Shu vs Barichello.
Whenever the favouritism was minute the team would have a passive #1 by giving the #2 guy suboptimal strategies or slow stops to let the #1 guy go further down the road or to sacrfice the #2 to sheild the #1 from an attacker.
Many examples with Massa being sacrificed and Kimi when kimi was older and slower.

I think the dynamic will be similar with Charles and Lewis as with Carlos and Charles. Also there may be more harmony with Lewis because Lewis has a completely different approach to his race. Race pace and the long game is his thing. He will also not beg to be let through like Carlos does.
Lewis and Charles should have similar setups with both needing a strong front end and stable rear.
I think Ferrari's build up to the weekend in terms of the fuel levels and the tyre choice in practice will also be beneficial for Hamilton. They seem not to play around too much with setups and fuel. Only engine modes.
For Sure!!

Xyz22
Xyz22

Silent Storm wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 20:21
People should remember this No1 driver team philosophy was started by Lewis and Mercedes back in 2017 and 2018 to influence British media and pressure Ferrari.

Fans shouldn't take all this seriously... Teams are there to win, faster driver will always get the best strategy.
In the last few years it hasn't been the case in a lot of races for Ferrari.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Silent Storm wrote:

You mean like how in Silverstone 2022 Leclerc got the best strategy right? Or in Monaco?

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

SoulPancake13 wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 23:34
Silent Storm wrote:

You mean like how in Silverstone 2022 Leclerc got the best strategy right? Or in Monaco?
That falls under strategy mistake, specially Monaco.
As for Silverstone, if sainz on fresher tyres kept 6 car lenght distance to Charles it would have been a 1-2 finish.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

dialtone
dialtone

Silent Storm wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 23:34
Silent Storm wrote:

That falls under strategy mistake, specially Monaco.
As for Silverstone, if sainz on fresher tyres kept 6 car lenght distance to Charles it would have been a 1-2 finish.
As for Silverstone, if LEC was #1 he would have pitted and SAI was finishing wherever he was going to finish.

I think this is what you meant.