2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

LM10 wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:44
Charles lapped 1:31.0 towards the end, same as Norris, but on 12 laps (?) older tires. Basically as fast as Max in the last stint, but again, on older tires.

Overall happy with the performance. Charles got unlucky with the VSC, but podium safed. Also the 1.9 second pit stop should be noticed.

The suffering in S2 was not a surprise considering the stiffer suspension setup this year. I'm sure it's going to be adressed with one of the upgrades coming.
I would be shocked if it wasn't since both drivers said it was the main focus of the upgrade.

Vanja #66

- Leclerc's clutch not properly checked on Friday -> poor start on Sunday
- Sending Leclerc too soon to pit -> indescribably bad decision to send a tyre whisperer to pit so soon
- 2-3s lost during VSC, wtf is Xavi doing, this is exactly how Max got into DRS in Jeddah 2022

As a result of going too quick to pit, Leclerc is P3 instead of P1, a great opportunity thrown out the window. Great, great shame. I hope this will spurr Vasseur to sit everyone down and realise their mistakes.

A few positive notes:
- overall pace compared to Max was pretty much matched, without any deg at any time, even with Leclerc having the oldest tyres of the bunch
- both drivers done a great job today with what was thrown at them
- Sainz was done so much injustice v Piastri, but he got over that and still prevailed admirably
- very good points haul even with at least 10p lost, I think as of this moment they have more WCC points than 2022
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jambuka
jambuka

Is Ferrari Imola upgrade only 0.2 ? Why is RB and Mclaren able to bring such amazing upgrades and Ferrari Evo is only rumored to be 0.2 improvement ?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:46

A few positive notes:
- overall pace compared to Max was pretty much matched, without any deg at any time, even with Leclerc having the oldest tyres of the bunch
Why does the pace relative to Max matter? Mclaren just put a beating on everyone after a big upgrade package with barely any practice time. Being close to 2nd place isn't really the goal is it? Piastri drove around Leclerc when Mclaren didn't have any straight line speed and Leclerc said dirty air was bad. Lando was faster on 25+ lap old mediums than Leclerc was on new hards.

Mclaren was the reference and if Lando started on pole, it would have been as dominant as some of Max's wins.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 05 May 2024, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:51
Is Ferrari Imola upgrade only 0.2 ? Why is RB and Mclaren able to bring such amazing upgrades and Ferrari Evo is only rumored to be 0.2 improvement ?
The numbers are not reliable. They said 0.5s quicker than the SF 23 and the SF 24 way way faster than that.

mizarbarym
mizarbarym

jambuka wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:51

If 0.2 is good to put you in p1 in quali, you will win races for sure.

Xyz22
Xyz22

The early pitstop didn't make a --- sense. They should have waited for Norris to catch up.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Vanja #66 wrote:
- Sending Leclerc too soon to pit -> indescribably bad decision to send a tyre whisperer to pit so soon
- 2-3s lost during VSC, wtf is Xavi doing, this is exactly how Max got into DRS in Jeddah 2022

As a result of going too quick to pit, Leclerc is P3 instead of P1, a great opportunity thrown out the window. Great, great shame. I hope this will spurr Vasseur to sit everyone down and realise their mistakes.

A few positive notes:
- Sainz was done so much injustice v Piastri, but he got over that and still prevailed admirably
- very good points haul even with at least 10p lost, I think as of this moment they have more WCC points than 2022
The whole thing comes back to the clutch and the start for me. If Charles gets away clean. He never loses the place to piastri. Then my bet would have been he holds DRS behind max for a good bit. Extends on the tyres which may have meant pitting under the SC himself.

We will never know, however these small details are what make the difference.

The car isn’t bad for pace at all. MCL definitely made a big leap though, the upgrades are now needed to keep the push, however this could be a good season as I don’t see RBR maintaining there dominance.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

Vanja #66 wrote:

A few positive notes:
What happen during the VSC?

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vinlarr89 wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:56
Vanja #66 wrote:

A few positive notes:
The whole thing comes back to the clutch and the start for me. If Charles gets away clean. He never loses the place to piastri. Then my bet would have been he holds DRS behind max for a good bit. Extends on the tyres which may have meant pitting under the SC himself.

We will never know, however these small details are what make the difference.

The car isn’t bad for pace at all. MCL definitely made a big leap though, the upgrades are now needed to keep the push, however this could be a good season as I don’t see RBR maintaining there dominance.
Leclerc was struggling the first few laps. The understeer in S2 was terrible for him. Sainz doesn't suffer as much as Charles but McL is generally quicker at the beginning.

After a few laps Leclerc started to cook and was faster than Piastri but very difficult to overtake.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
05 May 2024, 23:53
Why does the pace relative to Max matter? Mclaren just put a beating on everyone after a big upgrade package with barely any practice time. Being close to 2nd place isn't really the goal is it? Piastri drove around Leclerc when Mclaren didn't have any straight line speed and Leclerc said dirty air was bad. Lando was faster on 25+ lap old mediums than Leclerc was on new hards.

Mclaren was the reference and if Lando started on pole, it would have been as dominant as some of Max's wins.
Mate, you make some really good arguments very often, but when you try to provoke you completely downgrade yourself. Please don't do that, it's not worth it :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:01
AR3-GP wrote:

Mate, you make some really good arguments very often, but when you try to provoke you completely downgrade yourself. Please don't do that, it's not worth it :)
I don't get your point. Mclaren was in another world. The both of us have to accept this. The performance of Red Bull and Ferrari wasn't good enough here. That was going to be 20 seconds minimum beating if Norris started on pole. At least Ferrari have a major upgrade package to look forward to.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 06 May 2024, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

dia6olo
dia6olo

AR3-GP wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

A few positive notes:

But for a safety car Norris would have come out behind Max and Leclerc, likely Sainz as well.
Norris was quick today, the quickest but he also got very lucky and there is no way he would have passed Max on track.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

why was Charles taking the curb at the turn 16? I felt it compromised his exit speed there. anyway, Another ok weekend for Ferrari they scored good points and both of the driver again within one place other. Pressure will be high in Maranello to deliver a good upgrade now that McLaren has overshot or equaled them..

Emag
Emag

Fakepivot wrote:
06 May 2024, 00:07
why was Charles taking the curb at the turn 16? I felt it compromised his exit speed there. anyway, Another ok weekend for Ferrari they scored good points and both of the driver again within one place other. Pressure will be high in Maranello to deliver a good upgrade now that McLaren has overshot or equaled them..
It's a bit early to call off RedBull because clearly something wasn't working for them here. China was very dominant.
But if we assume the direct followers (Ferrari and McLaren) are getting closer, that upgrade could catapult Ferrari to the lead team.

But it all depends on how much RedBull's upgrades bring for them. Did that 0.250s number on Ferrari's upgrades come from a reliable source?