2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Dude what, what promises they have made for you, they are also putting there head down and working. More luxury than a racing brand lol, ferrari always maintained top 3 spot more so than any team, they have had more successful gt program than McLaren, and also went on to win lemans last year. They also outscored mclaren 2and half of last year, they also outscored McLaren last race where they won.. also they are putting together sail boat racing team.. they are every bit about racing more so than McLaren.. mr. Zak "dontbring politics to sports" brown has been hinting about lmdh and all we hear is crickets..

MTL79
MTL79

My God I will hate to see this place if these upgrades don't work next race..........

jambuka
jambuka

Third thing
* They are not really sure if the updates as produced work on track and want to be really sure before getting caught off guard ?
Vanja #66 wrote:
07 May 2024, 20:38
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:49
Formu1a.uno reports:

“Ferrari will lap at Fiorano with the SF-24 2.0 between Thursday 9th and Friday 10th. Similar to pre-Austria 23, the important package of updates that the Maranello team will officially bring to the track from Imola will debut”
Interesting. Two things come to mind:
- they want to come as prepared as possible and wrap up the Imola comparative spec-test as quick as possible (or avoid them completely) to focus on track setup
- the update package really is big and important for the rest of the season, since they are willing to use the second filming day after only a quarter of races

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:42
Holy mother of all overreactions.

Just because one team brought an upgrade one race earlier.
This is how it is for Ferrari, media gives so much presence and wants to boost clicks with sensational headlines. Reallistically, with regards to the end of 2023 Ferrari overperformed with launch-spec SF24 and MCL38 was a bit too conservative so far. This update was pretty much what I expected them to start the season with, to be honest.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

MTL79 wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:18
My God I will hate to see this place if these upgrades don't work next race..........
We seem to be outdoing the Ferrari thread @ autosport forums lately. That's certainly an achievement. :lol:

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:50
MTL79 wrote:
We seem to be outdoing the Ferrari thread @ autosport forums lately. That's certainly an achievement. :lol:
This forum is somehow worse. I thought being a technically-minded place, it would have better discourse but that was a failed assumption.

yooogurt

AmateurDriver wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:10
than the very rich and very well established Ferrari team.
It's funny how in the face of a budget cap someone still appeals that one team is supposedly richer than the other, when both teams spend the same amount. :D
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

jambuka wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:23
Third thing
* They are not really sure if the updates as produced work on track and want to be really sure before getting caught off guard ?
That's the first thing they establish when fitting new parts. Yet, I don't remember any bad upgrades these last two years, why would it happen now? What's more, final spec SF23 was a completely different car to what it started as, much improved and behaved as it should. First time such a big step was made since 2012.

Seanspeed wrote:
08 May 2024, 00:29
This forum is somehow worse. I thought being a technically-minded place, it would have better discourse but that was a failed assumption.
Car and technical threads are strictly moderated. General chat threads (races, teams, general topics etc) less so. There's a lot of off-track chatter and commotion this season and more people than ever are taking part in discussions. It inevitably leads to a different discourse. :)

yooogurt wrote:
08 May 2024, 01:33
It's funny how in the face of a budget cap someone still appeals that one team is supposedly richer than the other, when both teams spend the same amount. :D
It is, isn't it :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:23
Third thing
Vanja #66 wrote:
07 May 2024, 20:38
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:49
Formu1a.uno reports:

“Ferrari will lap at Fiorano with the SF-24 2.0 between Thursday 9th and Friday 10th. Similar to pre-Austria 23, the important package of updates that the Maranello team will officially bring to the track from Imola will debut”
Interesting. Two things come to mind:
- they want to come as prepared as possible and wrap up the Imola comparative spec-test as quick as possible (or avoid them completely) to focus on track setup
- the update package really is big and important for the rest of the season, since they are willing to use the second filming day after only a quarter of races

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
07 May 2024, 19:42
Holy mother of all overreactions.

Just because one team brought an upgrade one race earlier.
This is how it is for Ferrari, media gives so much presence and wants to boost clicks with sensational headlines. Reallistically, with regards to the end of 2023 Ferrari overperformed with launch-spec SF24 and MCL38 was a bit too conservative so far. This update was pretty much what I expected them to start the season with, to be honest.
Considering the upgrade is labelled as very significant with major changes done to bodywork of the car (plus the floor) i think Ferrari is also exploiting the possibility of this filming day to gather real track info about potential setup changes compared to the base spec, as the behavior of the car will probably be different.

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 May 2024, 09:05
Yet, I don't remember any bad upgrades these last two years, why would it happen now?
Updates in France in 2022 by half, there was a boost in pace but the car got worse to drive.
Does that count?
FORZA FERRARI!

jumpingfish

Wouldn't it have been better to use the track at Imola for the test days than Fiorano?

F1NAC

According to formula uno, Ferrari will test also the latest version of mudflaps( less spray during rain)

yooogurt

jumpingfish wrote:
08 May 2024, 11:01
Wouldn't it have been better to use the track at Imola for the test days than Fiorano?
I think is better in Fiorano, the team already has a date as the original SF24 was "tested" here, and it will be possible to compare it with the 2.0 version.
FORZA FERRARI!

dia6olo
dia6olo

yooogurt wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:
I think that while on the surface the budget cap is an equaliser or at least attempts to be, there are plenty of things that fall outside of the budget cap.
Then there is appeal, the best people in F1 will always be drawn to the likes of RBR Ferrari & Mercedes first, budget cap or not there are teams that will always have a built in "pull" advantage.
It takes a very long time for one of the better/bigger teams with pull to lose that advantage and even then it's more likely a result of them losing interest in the sport.
In many ways the budget cap has locked that advantage in whereas before teams with money could buy the best people...
Last edited by dia6olo on 08 May 2024, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

yooogurt wrote:
AmateurDriver wrote:
Budget constraint did not come overnight. Teams had time to plan their transition into the restriction regime. And of course infrastructures and know how inherited from the past and acquired thanks to a bigger expenditure capability are more than valuable. Indeed hierarchy remained more or less the same. Were you expecting a 10 team competition in 2022, weren't you?

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

Seanspeed wrote:
08 May 2024, 00:29
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:50
MTL79 wrote:
I strongly agree with you. As a worker in an highly technical field, I am used to an environment where opinions are not discarded until they are proven factually implausible. I was not expecting this degree of a-priori intolerance in a technically-minded forum.