Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AMG.Tzan wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:13
As much as I would love to believe these stories and want Horner to get fired…if any of these “photos” accusations were real he would have already resigned by now…

So probably just rumors and negative comments…
Probably, but strange Red Bull leaked this to Erik Van Haren. Then issue statement of independent Barrister investigation.
For aggressive management style complaint you have HR departments.
Internal dealing no bad press.
This looks like huge overreacting for that, or appropriate reaction for something more.
So an act of self harm or firewall.

dans79

ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:45
AMG.Tzan wrote:
As much as I would love to believe these stories and want Horner to get fired…if any of these “photos” accusations were real he would have already resigned by now…

Probably, but strange Red Bull leaked this to Erik Van Haren. Then issue statement of independent Barrister investigation.
This looks like huge overreacting for that, or appropriate reaction for something more.
Depends what the alleged victim is claiming, and who it was brought to the attention of. If the alleged victim is claiming potential illegal or litigable actions, that makes things very complicated and convoluted when you are talking about the CEO of a company!
197 104 103 7

Cs98
Cs98

f1jcw wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:31
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:26
dans79 wrote:
Considering he says stuff like this to the press, It's not a big leap to think he would step over the line in some fashion!

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/212153/h ... k-off.html
I think there are cultural differences between Britain and the USA.
Really? You leave for somewhere new and think it'd be nice to be told to **** off?
I can understand if said jokey but if not, even as a Brit I'd feel a bit put off by it.
You are quoting people you don't know (but who know each other), in an environment you've never been, to paint a picture of a situation you never engaged in. Very disingenuous to pretend to know the spirit in which that was meant. Strangers say that to each other, it means one thing, with friends, it can have a completely different interpretation.

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

dans79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:55
ThijsMuis wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Depends what the alleged victim is claiming, and who it was brought to the attention of. If the alleged victim is claiming potential illegal or litigable actions, that makes things very complicated and convoluted when you are talking about the CEO of a company!
Yes. But for each step you must ask the questions.
Otherwise you get crazy speculation on these pages like what happened with Susie Wolff.

Organic said Red Bull GmbH got the complaint. If its a bullying case, why does GmbH send a barrister to go hunting, and leak that to press?
RBR has capability here or not? 20 years I think they have capability.
So there must be specific reason why GmbH have taken this action publicly.
They take a risk to lose the longest serving team boss by doing that. Seems incredible to me they would do that for a bullying claim.

Vanja #66

Definitely way too many coincidences and not well thought-out explanations concerning leaks and allegations at the same time. With Mateschitz gone, there was bound to be a power strugle, Horner may be the victim of his own success
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mwillems

ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:11
dans79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:55
ThijsMuis wrote:

Yes. But for each step you must ask the questions.
Otherwise you get crazy speculation on these pages like what happened with Susie Wolff.

Organic said Red Bull GmbH got the complaint. If its a bullying case, why does GmbH send a barrister to go hunting, and leak that to press?
RBR has capability here or not? 20 years I think they have capability.
So there must be specific reason why GmbH have taken this action publicly.
They take a risk to lose the longest serving team boss by doing that. Seems incredible to me they would do that for a bullying claim.
Perhaps they think it might be harder to get the truth by leaving Horner the potential to police himself. Or at least the perception of that might undermine RBs image. The hiring of external barristers may be a method of ensuring that if found guilty OR innocent, that there is less room for it to be questioned when the details inevitably get out, whichever way it goes. The hiring of Barristers highlights the severity of the case to me, not the intent to take Horner down.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Big Tea

Am I correct in believing this was released by a Spanish (speaking) newspapre? so would probably be in relation to a spanish speaker in the team?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dans79

ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:11
Maybe corporate management wants to get rid of him. Doing so under the guise of addressing inappropriate behavior is one way of doing it without getting your hands dirty!
197 104 103 7

Venturiation
Venturiation

Wouter wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:36
AMG.Tzan wrote:

These false accusations are from The Bild, the biggest gossip newspaper/site in Germany, worse than the Daily Mail!!
We don't know wich is false
It doesn't make sense for redbull to investigate something like this if it wasn't big, and marko refusing to defend or say Horner is innocent says alot

mwillems

Big Tea wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:42
Am I correct in believing this was released by a Spanish (speaking) newspapre? so would probably be in relation to a spanish speaker in the team?
Dutch initially, and then retracted. German after that I think?

Edit: Both Dutch, De Telegraaf was the second to report it.
Last edited by mwillems on 05 Feb 2024, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Big Tea wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:42
The original story is by dutch journalist that has direct contact with the redbull team

chrisc90

What’s the problem with ‘power’ at the top since DM passed?

dans79

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:49
internal struggle for power and control!
197 104 103 7

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:55
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:49
internal struggle for power and control!
What about competence for the job? Does that count anywhere?

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

mwillems wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 23:37
[]

Perhaps they think it might be harder to get the truth by leaving Horner the potential to police himself. Or at least the perception of that might undermine RBs image. The hiring of external barristers may be a method of ensuring that if found guilty OR innocent, that there is less room for it to be questioned when the details inevitably get out, whichever way it goes. The hiring of Barristers highlights the severity of the case to me, not the intent to take Horner down.
RBR should have that inhouse separate from GmbH.
But in severity you might be right they are forced to act.