2025 | Lewis Hamilton | Ferrari

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vanja #66

Re: 2025 | Lewis Hamilton | Ferrari

I can't imagine being a fan of a driver and consider him not so talented, what kind of fan is that...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mendis
mendis

Andres125sx wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 12:43
Leclerc can´t even beat fair and square a not so talented driver.

Facts
Finally, some admission there after fighting so long to prove Sainz was Charles' equal.

So long as Ferrari does Ferrari things (comedy of errors), both Charles and Lewis would continue to snatch defeat from the jaws of win. Atleast Sainz used to think on his feat and humiliate stupid strategy of Ferrari. Unfortunately, neither Lewis, not Charles can do that as they depend on their engineers so much. It gave a lot of heartburn to both Lewis and Charles' fans when their team mates pulled a fast one with strategy.

If Ferrari does an impeccable job of strategy (difficult to imagine), I see Charles conveniently beating Lewis consistently.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 16:46
I can't imagine being a fan of a driver and consider him not so talented, what kind of fan is that...
A fan who can support sportsman even if they´re not the best out there. Does this really surprise you? Shame, sports are a lot more than just winning, hopefully some day you´ll get it :roll:

Andres125sx

mendis wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 07:04
Andres125sx wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 12:43
Leclerc can´t even beat fair and square a not so talented driver.

Facts
Finally, some admission there after fighting so long to prove Sainz was Charles' equal.
If this is a surprise for you, then go and re-read the whole thread. I´ve never said Sainz is Charles equal, never. Quote me othewise

But Leclerc fans assume if you don´t praise Leclerc as the most talented driver ever, you´re bashing him. Your problem, not mine :wink:

Zynerji

I don't think Hamilton makes it to Ferrari. I think he's 2024 WDC and simply retires.

Remember, Nico signed an extension in 2016 before he retired.

There is too much history to preserve at Mercedes if he hits 8xWDC. Heck, Merc could pay him $1B to retire and be THE brand ambassador.

I don't think we see him in red if the W15 is a championship capable car that mints him as the undisputed GOAT with #8.

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 14:35
A fan who can support sportsman even if they´re not the best out there. Does this really surprise you? Shame, sports are a lot more than just winning, hopefully some day you´ll get it :roll:
I've said it a few times and you simply keep confirming it. Most of Tifosi, myself included, appreciate Sainz more than you do. Every F1 driver is madly talented, but some of them are outright aliens. It's completely nuts we have Alonso, Hamilton, Max and Leclerc at the same time in F1, usually it's no more than 3 aliens on the grid...

#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I did have in the back of mind that there's still an element of "seeing is believing". Contracts are signed but that is by no means a guarantee of execution. Hamilton could change his mind and just retire at the end of this year. You don't know it's time to retire until one day you just feel like it. That has always been Hamilton's approach. He said he would stop when he didn't feel good enough anymore. I don't think that is contingent on the Ferrari contract since he's only guessing that he'll still feel like being an F1 driver next year. Plenty of drivers have just said to hell with F1 rather suddenly.

Considering that Hamilton to Ferrari always had a "too good to be true" feeling, I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch. He's not driving for Ferrari until he's taking the SF25 out for the shakedown. Even then I won't trust it until he's taking the grid in Australia :lol:

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Zynerji wrote:I don't think Hamilton makes it to Ferrari. I think he's 2024 WDC and simply retires.

There is too much history to preserve at Mercedes if he hits 8xWDC. Heck, Merc could pay him $1B to retire and be THE brand ambassador.

I don't think we see him in red if the W15 is a championship capable car that mints him as the undisputed GOAT with #8.
Merc gonna beat Red Bull and Verstappen? I don't think so. And also I don't think Hamilton is gonna get the support that he used to get, the team is now Russell's, Hamilton and Merc gonna have an akward year.

Cs98
Cs98

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 18:35
I did have in the back of mind that there's still an element of "seeing is believing". Contracts are signed but that is by no means a guarantee of execution. Hamilton could change his mind and just retire at the end of this year. You don't know it's time to retire until one day you just feel like it. That has always been Hamilton's approach. He said he would stop when he didn't feel good enough anymore. I don't think that is contingent on the Ferrari contract since he's only guessing that he'll still feel like being an F1 driver next year. Plenty of drivers have just said to hell with F1 rather suddenly.

Considering that Hamilton to Ferrari always had a "too good to be true" feeling, I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch. He's not driving for Ferrari until he's taking the SF25 out for the shakedown. Even then I won't trust it until he's taking the grid in Australia :lol:
I give it 0% chance if he doesn't win the WDC. I give it 10% if he does win the WDC, and I place his chance of winning the WDC at 10%. So a 1% chance of retiring and going back on the Ferrari deal.

dialtone
dialtone

0% chance he retires.

There are 100mil reasons per year

basti313
basti313

dialtone wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 19:35
0% chance he retires.

There are 100mil reasons per year
Absolutely. It would be 100% nonsense to sign this deal and walk away. Like this he burns not only the Ferrari contract, but also everything Merc would pay him as an ambassador. The ambassador case is closed.

AND...why he walks away is clear. There is no chance to win the WDC in the Merc. Neither now, nor 25 and I guess he simply prepares for 26. What we do not know, but what Lewis knew in 2012 for example, is how much money is burned into power train development.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 16:41
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 14:35
I've said it a few times and you simply keep confirming it. Most of Tifosi, myself included, appreciate Sainz more than you do.
Are you really so cheeky to state this after bashing Sainz at any minimal oportunity???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG #-o

KimiRai
KimiRai

It certainly was a good idea to separate this from the Ferrari thread :lol:

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 09:17
Are you really so cheeky to state this after bashing Sainz at any minimal oportunity???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG #-o
Last time - pointing out his many errors in races in the last 2 years is not bashing. He's proven to be at least as fast as Vettel compared to Leclerc and not maximising his chances hurts both him and the team.

KimiRai wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 09:39
It certainly was a good idea to separate this from the Ferrari thread :lol:
The thread managed to weather out the first wave, but it's better to leave it alone, it will be a long season :lol:

#BlessYouLaddie

Zynerji

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 18:40
Zynerji wrote:I don't think Hamilton makes it to Ferrari. I think he's 2024 WDC and simply retires.

Merc gonna beat Red Bull and Verstappen? I don't think so. And also I don't think Hamilton is gonna get the support that he used to get, the team is now Russell's, Hamilton and Merc gonna have an akward year.
Its literally worth 10B in marketing value for Mercedes Benz over the next 10 years to have Hamilton as their Brand ambassador. Do not think large amounts of money and effort are not still being invested into having Hamilton win so he is wearing Mercedes overalls for the history-making photos if he gets his 8th.

It's almost priceless.