2024 MoneyGram Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Martin Keene
Martin Keene

Re: 2024 MoneyGram Haas F1 Team

Sevach wrote:
11 Oct 2024, 09:02
What on earth is going on?
Engine plans?
Are Haas dropping the Ferrari windtunnel in the near future?

We need more!!!
This!

Very strange, Ferrari cannot be happy about this, surely?

FW17

Lasssept wrote:
11 Oct 2024, 08:35

Akio Toyoda, Chairman of Toyota in this pic. Wonder how to read this as Gene Haas is missing from this pic.

joseff

More here:

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corpo ... 46105.html

To this end, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing, together with MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, has decided to establish a new driver development program to cultivate drivers who aim for the pinnacle of motorsports.

Specifically, TGR training drivers will participate in MoneyGram Haas F1 Team test drives to gain experience in driving in F1.

Through this partnership, we believe it would be fantastic if we could develop drivers who can secure regular seats in F1 in the future.

And it will not only be drivers taking on challenges this time.
TGR engineers and mechanics will also join MoneyGram Haas F1 Team at the motorsports pinnacle of F1.

(emphasis mine)

If TGR does manufacturing for Haas, I wonder where that leaves Dallara?

Lasssept

Martin Keene wrote:
11 Oct 2024, 09:36

Very strange, Ferrari cannot be happy about this, surely?
Motorsport:
Komatsu says that the tie-up with Toyota has received the blessing of its long-term partner Ferrari – which supplies the squad with engines, gearboxes and other parts. Earlier this year, Haas also extended its deal to use Ferrari’s wind tunnel in Maranello.

He added: “I’m naturally pleased that we’ve had the support of the likes of Formula 1 and our long-term partner, Scuderia Ferrari – who we announced our further continuation with earlier in the season, in the formation of this new technical partnership – designed to achieve continued success in our Formula 1 endeavours."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas ... /10661925/

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

dennis h
dennis h

KimiRai
KimiRai

Wow that was quick. :D

continuum16

A few thoughts on the TGR news:

1) Seems like to me this will be a way for Haas to phase out Dallara as a manufacturing partner. Although Dallara seems to have been doing a fine job; using TGR instead will bring things in house, starting with chassis construction and perhaps down the line (post-2028) they can reduce the number of parts taken from Ferrari and become more independent

2) Interested to see how this arrangement impacts the cost cap; if Toyota essentially agrees to manufacture parts for Haas in lieu of monetary sponsorship this would seem like a great advantage. Not that anyone has said that this will be the arrangement but certainly it would make sense and Komatsu and Toyota aren’t stupid.

3) I wonder if Ocon knew this when he signed on; if so this would look like a pretty sweet deal. Overall this makes Haas more appealing to drivers (assuming they don’t finish last in WCC or something).

Very exciting times ahead! Hopefully the ‘25 car will have more TGR branding although ironically the current Haas look is very close to the current GR liveries in WEC and elsewhere.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Mogster

FW17 wrote:
11 Oct 2024, 10:44

Akio Toyoda, Chairman of Toyota in this pic. Wonder how to read this as Gene Haas is missing from this pic.
It’s good Toyoda’s there, he’s a racer and motorsports fan. He’s a proper competitor, entered the Nurburgring 24hrs several times. Suggests this is more than a branding exercise.

basti313
basti313

continuum16 wrote:
12 Oct 2024, 18:19
A few thoughts on the TGR news:

1) Seems like to me this will be a way for Haas to phase out Dallara as a manufacturing partner. Although Dallara seems to have been doing a fine job; using TGR instead will bring things in house, starting with chassis construction and perhaps down the line (post-2028) they can reduce the number of parts taken from Ferrari and become more independent

2) Interested to see how this arrangement impacts the cost cap; if Toyota essentially agrees to manufacture parts for Haas in lieu of monetary sponsorship this would seem like a great advantage. Not that anyone has said that this will be the arrangement but certainly it would make sense and Komatsu and Toyota aren’t stupid.
I guess these points are the core.
Although you are bound to do proper controlling on cost side, there is surely some good gap between manufacturing at a sponsor who writes up the real costs and manufacturing at Dallara on a simple bill with margin for Dallara.

I also think that manufacturing at TGR is on another level to Dallara. The question is, what "chassis" means here, I do not think it makes much sense to manufacture anything on the read axle. But maybe the front...but the core is the tub, Dallara is just making standard tubs mainly for spec series, there is nothing special on them.
Don`t russel the hamster!