2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

mwillems wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:18
_cerber1 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:13
organic wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:10
If all teams have the device, and the key difference is that red bull have made the device accessible from the cockpit then the weight gain from doing that perhaps wouldn't be so bad.
You seem to have forgotten that Red Bull refused a special livery for Singapore, precisely for reasons of weight saving.
The weight gain would be as much as a tiny cable if all was required was a connection and coding.

I'd love to know how it is operated ordinarily and if this device is typically used on the bib by other teams and if so, is it placed in the cockpit ir somewhere else by the other teams.
"Coding?" Bro, you think F1 has active suspensions, or something? :lol:

Quantum

Red Bull winning 4 of the first 5 GP this season, the odd one out was a DNF due to brakes from a race he was bound to win.

1st of May, Newey departs Red Bull.

1st of May onwards, Red Bull win 3 of the next 13 races complaining of terrible understeer and poor ride quality.

10th September, Newey Joins Aston Martin.

Around 1 month later(Today), we hear about the use of a device all teams have, in a manner not fitting the rules.

All so coincidental.
Last edited by Quantum on 17 Oct 2024, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Interplay of triads"

Paa

Guys, we have a dedicated topic for the ride height thing: viewtopic.php?t=31929&start=75

Can we please move the relating discussion there? This overwhelms the team thread.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Quantum wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 23:11
Red Bull winning 4 of the first 5 GP this season, the odd one out was a DNF due to brakes from a race he was bound to win.

1st of May onwards, Red Bull win 3 of the next 13 races complaining of terrible understeer and poor ride quality.

Around 1 month later(Today), we hear about the use of a device all teams have, in a manner not fitting the rules.

All so coincidental.
So at this point you're just making stuff up as you go along? :lol:

It is understood teams have been alerted to the possibility of this happening through the design details of all cars needing to be uploaded to FIA servers on open-source components – which all competitors have access to.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia- ... /10663272/

Quantum

Rikhart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 23:14
Quantum wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 23:11

All so coincidental.
So at this point you're just making stuff up as you go along? :lol:

It is understood teams have been alerted to the possibility of this happening through the design details of all cars needing to be uploaded to FIA servers on open-source components – which all competitors have access to.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia- ... /10663272/
Sorry what did I make up?
"Interplay of triads"

mwillems

Rikhart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 23:10
mwillems wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:18
_cerber1 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:13

You seem to have forgotten that Red Bull refused a special livery for Singapore, precisely for reasons of weight saving.
The weight gain would be as much as a tiny cable if all was required was a connection and coding.

I'd love to know how it is operated ordinarily and if this device is typically used on the bib by other teams and if so, is it placed in the cockpit ir somewhere else by the other teams.
"Coding?" Bro, you think F1 has active suspensions, or something? :lol:
This was discovered through code posted to the open source server, as is widely known.

What I can't get my head around is if everyone has this device and only the location is different, why would the code show anything new?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Max on the T-tray 'trick' ban: "We didn't even discuss it in the briefing."

"It's a public, right? Everyone can see it. For us, it was an easy tool when the parts were not on the car. It was easy to adjust the car, but once the whole car was built together, you couldn't touch it.

It doesn't change anything. When I read it, I thought other teams were using it. Then I found out it was about us, we didn't even discuss it in the briefing."

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Wouter wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 18:35
Jdn1327 wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 18:28
What updates/upgrades are RBR bringing this weekend?
Really hope this is the case. A lot of times other teams have said the changes are under the car and then its the same.